Thread: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Man and the rain fucks it up once again, motherf... happy Dovi took the win but man doesn't look like Lorenzo was going to let him by as even with the "suggested mapping change" he was still running faster and well obviously that near lowside at T15 was not staged to let him by lol... I see Rossi surrendering his seat to Zarco past 2018, there is no way Yamaha will let him renew past that point competitive or not. Zarco and Viņales will be teammates past 2018 imo
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    ... doesn't look like Lorenzo was going to let him by as even with the "suggested mapping change" he was still running faster and well obviously that near lowside at T15 was not staged to let him by lol...
    I was wondering about that "suggested mapping change" - was that to give him a little less power just so Dovi could get by? ... I was also thinking Lorenzo did that on purpose ran too deep into T15), even though the announcers were quite convinced it couldn't have been staged.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I was wondering about that "suggested mapping change" - was that to give him a little less power just so Dovi could get by? ... I was also thinking Lorenzo did that on purpose ran too deep into T15), even though the announcers were quite convinced it couldn't have been staged.
    The suggested mapping was obviously part of them telling him to back off but even after he did change it he was still running a good pace. That T15 incident was definitely not staged nor anything of that sort, that dude almost lost that fucker lol. I honestly don't think he was going to let him by regardless. Even after the fuck up there he powered that thing down the straight and stayed rather close to Dovi for a while. I genuinely don't think he gave a shit about Dovi and his title chances as we all have known him to go for glory and that win with Ducati would have put him back on Ducatis non shit list, granted also with deciding to also back off I'm sure the big dogs in Bologna probably weren't mad about that either. It's one of those gray areas to be honest but in my eyes I don't think he was going to just let him by, he was going to make Dovi work for it a bit at least. You saw the red scrape of his knee puck all across T15, that was crazy. Not sure how he kept that upright.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    The suggested mapping was obviously part of them telling him to back off but even after he did change it he was still running a good pace. That T15 incident was definitely not staged nor anything of that sort, that dude almost lost that fucker lol. I honestly don't think he was going to let him by regardless. Even after the fuck up there he powered that thing down the straight and stayed rather close to Dovi for a while. I genuinely don't think he gave a shit about Dovi and his title chances as we all have known him to go for glory and that win with Ducati would have put him back on Ducatis non shit list, granted also with deciding to also back off I'm sure the big dogs in Bologna probably weren't mad about that either. It's one of those gray areas to be honest but in my eyes I don't think he was going to just let him by, he was going to make Dovi work for it a bit at least. You saw the red scrape of his knee puck all across T15, that was crazy. Not sure how he kept that upright.
    I don't think Lorenzo was going to let Dovi by either. Honestly, I wouldn't have held it against Lorenzo either. I'm of the opinion that I think Team Orders stink and shouldn't be in racing. If your main guy can't get it down and pass everyone for the win, then I really get pissed off when teams want riders to throw the race so that the other guy that's in contention for the title can get some more points.

I remember back in 2014 when Aprilia showed the sign to Melandri to let Guintoli by so he could gain more points towards the WSBK crown. Sylvain wasn't fast enough and Melandri had to slow down to let him by. Then Kawasaki did it to Baz, because Sykes wasn't fast enough, so Baz had to let him by.

I just think it's kind of cheesy to make another rider give up their chance for victory, their spot on the top step of the podium just to help out the team. At the end of the day, the team ain't the one riding the bike. Sure they made it all possible to ride the bike and get it to the point of being a winning bike, but at the end of the day, there's only one guy that rides it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Well here we are. I think the championship is pretty easy to predict but I'm still rooting for Dovi to win it.

What are your predictions?
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S