Thread: MotoGP Open Class - Opinions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: MotoGP Open Class - Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Logic dictates that if one of the bikes is better, then the other is not better. Sure, you argued that Rossi wasn't getting parts as quickly as Lorenzo, but it all comes down to the same thing. You believed that Lorenzo had the better bike come race day, and that was affecting Rossi's chance to be competitive. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, or that you didn't say what I just quoted you as saying...

And I applaud your optimism! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I want Rossi to be competitive and to do well! I'd love to see him get another championship before he retires. All I have said this entire thread is that it's far too early in the game to go about making claims that Rossi is "back". By back, I mean a consistent showing, or at least battling to be, in the top 3. If he can do that over the course of the season I'll happily agree with the argument. Until then, I'm not going to extrapolate anything based off one single race. It would be no different for somebody to come on the forums and say that Lorenzo has no shot at a championship due to his crash yesterday. It's nonsense without more DATA!

I don't disagree with the fact that the Ducati is a shitty bike. The results for multiple riders prove it. I was only pointing out that it is an excuse made by Rossi fanboys who tout his legendary ability of taking a losing bike and making it a winner. When the news came down that Crutchlow was moving to Ducati for this season I cringed. I almost feel like the bike, in it's current iteration, is a career killer.

Any researcher knows that objective analysis requires much more information than the results of a single podium. Testing and qualifying are great indicators, I agree, but they are not guarantees of victories or podiums because they strip out the critical variable of racing. Until Rossi can prove he's capable of consistent podiums, he is a long shot away from being "back".

No cop-outs indeed! Had Rossi been able to go out there last season and battle it out with Lorenzo, then he'd have had just as much of a shot taking the championship as Jorge did! Something I highly doubt Yamaha execs would lose any sleep over. You're probably right, though, If I were Yamaha I'd much rather have my riders in a 2 & 4 standing than a 1 & 2, 1 & 3, or even a 2 & 3. It makes perfect sense not to want to beat Honda!
    Blah blah blah, this shit is getting old between both of us. Let's just agree to disagree. I still stand by my "no cop-out" statement from the past, that I think that may have been one of Rossi's worries was to not out perform the then current reigning world champion Lorenzo. I believe this year is completely different. Lorenzo had his chance to retain the title, he lost it and now it's anybody's game.

And yes Yamaha want to take it to Honda. But let's be honest, there still is a bit of vitriol between Yamaha and Rossi. Maybe not in the garage's or between Lorenzo, but it's with the higher ups. The top brass within Yamaha. But you believe in what you believe and I'll believe in what I believe and we'll leave it as that.

One thing I will agree with you, Ducati is a career killer. Luckily for Rossi his name is big enough to have survived and the fact he's back at Yamaha helped to repair it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Moderator

Re: MotoGP Open Class - Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Blah blah blah, this shit is getting old between both of us. Let's just agree to disagree. I still stand by my "no cop-out" statement from the past, that I think that may have been one of Rossi's worries was to not out perform the then current reigning world champion Lorenzo. I believe this year is completely different. Lorenzo had his chance to retain the title, he lost it and now it's anybody's game.

And yes Yamaha want to take it to Honda. But let's be honest, there still is a bit of vitriol between Yamaha and Rossi. Maybe not in the garage's or between Lorenzo, but it's with the higher ups. The top brass within Yamaha. But you believe in what you believe and I'll believe in what I believe and we'll leave it as that.

One thing I will agree with you, Ducati is a career killer. Luckily for Rossi his name is big enough to have survived and the fact he's back at Yamaha helped to repair it.
    It's all good, man, it's nothing personal, I just enjoy the debate. I am looking forward to an awesome season! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

I'm gonna go with the 2015 prediction. They're going to bring Giacomo Agostini out of retirement, put him in Lorenzo's spot on the M1, and he's going to take the championship! He's a 15-time world champion! If anybody can do it, he can!