Quote Originally Posted by DrKnow65 View Post
I like to be able to slow way down before he spots me, sit bolt upright, and give a nod and wave, like I might be someone he knows

Then if he spots me when he's not running radar he might let it slide
I should clarify that I am talking about the local LEO's where I ride most often.
Generally Sheriff's patrolling some of the smaller towns found throughout the canyons up here.

In my experience most every Sheriff I've ever met have been good people that I would most likely enjoy knowing off-duty anyway.
They are setting a good example of how the law should be handled.

I never speed in town so no interaction with the PD.

IMHO they should pull funding from the State Patrol and use the cash to fill pot holes.
Kill two PITA's in one move.
Sorry, pet peeve that I despise thieves and liars, and I feel CSP fits those shoes.
I would wager that if the fines went to charity instead of the legal system, the CSP would close their own doors.
Or, the good ones might stick around and just concern themselves with people who are being a danger to others, like they should do in the first place.
Just tax collectors, and no I have not paid them a cent, though they have tried to get it when they thought there was an opportunity.

Sorry for the rant, but I didn't want to give the impression that I desire to buddy up with the CSP. Just that I like to be on real good terms with the real LEO's.
Yay Sheriffs Department, local PD whatever, F#@K the CSP.