Thread: "Best" Gaming Laptop Q1 2013

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: "Best" Gaming Laptop Q1 2013

I lugged an 11-12lb "laptop" all around Japan in 102-degree heat back in 2001, so I'm not all that worried about it.

I going for desktop replacement simply so I've less hassle (overall). I can set my laptop on the dining room table and play games, I can bring it into my office and dock it when I want the full-size keyboard and external monitor, I can hook it to my TV via HDMI to watch movies, etc. I just want one system for everything--no separate (amazing) tower and (shitty) laptop.

I realize it's not going to be as great a gamer as a dedicated tower, nor as light as a iPad, but I just want one do-it-all laptop to...do it all. Jack of All Trades isn't the best in any one area, but it should be good enough to play my BF3/BF4 and whatever else. And if I lug it to Caribou once a week, I can deal with the weight.

@T_jolt I may call you once I figure out what I'm doing.

Though, right now a Sager NP9570 w/ 2 SSDs in RAID 0 and a GTX680M (SLI later) sounds very tempting...

EDIT: Though, of course, the less I spend on a new laptop the closer I get to buying this: http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_produ...62_general.asp
    Last edited by Ghost; Sat Feb 9th, 2013 at 02:39 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson