Thread: Any top speed thrill seekers here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Any top speed thrill seekers here?

The best part of this thread is that you're probably getting PMs from people and I'm sure it will be a blast, so long as the stars don't align and something bad happens. Enjoy the buzz and don't kill yourself.

And oh yeah.... Are you expecting a better top speed from this run than your last?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    The best part of this thread is that you're probably getting PMs from people and I'm sure it will be a blast, so long as the stars don't align and something bad happens. Enjoy the buzz and don't kill yourself.

And oh yeah.... Are you expecting a better top speed from this run than your last?
    My previous best run was a few years ago, I had my drag race gearing, and with a GPS on board I went 183mph... swapped gearing, and then a couple weeks later went past a bike that went 187mph (GPS on his bike). I have swapped gearing again, and expect my current setup to take me around 195ish, but that's what I need to test out. I think I still need to go -1 in the rear to be over 200mph, but I want to test my current setup before I buy another sprocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs View Post
    My previous best run was a few years ago, I had my drag race gearing, and with a GPS on board I went 183mph... swapped gearing, and then a couple weeks later went past a bike that went 187mph (GPS on his bike). I have swapped gearing again, and expect my current setup to take me around 195ish, but that's what I need to test out. I think I still need to go -1 in the rear to be over 200mph, but I want to test my current setup before I buy another sprocket.
    I hit 198 on the ZX14 last summer. It felt pretty damn fast. I hate how everyone immediately jumped your shit about going fast when you KNOW almost everyone on here speeds on their bike. Your request does sound a little squiddy but hey, you know we ride em fast, quit talking shit guys.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    I hit 198 on the ZX14 last summer. It felt pretty damn fast. I hate how everyone immediately jumped your shit about going fast when you KNOW almost everyone on here speeds on their bike. Your request does sound a little squiddy but hey, you know we ride em fast, quit talking shit guys.
    Hey I'm a good boy. I have never done such squidly things.

Perfect little angel I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Perfect little angel I tell ya.
    Of this, I have my doubts.

Gold Member

Of this, I have my doubts.
    Nooooooooo. Yunobeliveme?

GPS or Speedo? Takes a few mods to push a ZX14 to that actual speed.

People may think it's "squidish" ... but I can assure you, I'm not just some squid. I've got a pile of over 200 timeslips from drag racing, most in the deep 9s. Previous best of 10.0 at Bandimere. I am getting into Land Speed Racing though, and want to do some testing with my setup before I go and spend $1,000+ to take my bike to a sanctioned land speed event where I might only get a few passes in my attempt to run 200mph.

Like you said, I'm willing to bet, everyone on here has taken broken the law on their motorcycle in one way or another. Even Mr big bad self righteous law enforcement guy. Some on the canyons, some on a back stretch open highway, some leaving a stoplight a little to fast. I'm not talking about doing 200mph blasts down I25. I'm talking empty highway, least busy time of day, with only a couple people making one or two passes. Hate all you want. It's not going to hurt my feelings nor discourage me.

People may think it's "squidish" ... but I can assure you, I'm not just some squid. I've got a pile of over 200 timeslips from drag racing, most in the deep 9s. Previous best of 10.0 at Bandimere. I am getting into Land Speed Racing though, and want to do some testing with my setup before I go and spend $1,000+ to take my bike to a sanctioned land speed event where I might only get a few passes in my attempt to run 200mph.

Like you said, I'm willing to bet, everyone on here has taken broken the law on their motorcycle in one way or another. Even Mr big bad self righteous law enforcement guy. Some on the canyons, some on a back stretch open highway, some leaving a stoplight a little to fast. I'm not talking about doing 200mph blasts down I25. I'm talking empty highway, least busy time of day, with only a couple people making one or two passes. Hate all you want. It's not going to hurt my feelings nor discourage me.
    That was with GPS. I have a few mods on my 14, but back in Kansas it was running 185 stock.

That was with GPS. I have a few mods on my 14, but back in Kansas it was running 185 stock.
    Ya most new liter bikes should be able to hit the 186mph stock limiter given enough room.

You down to do some more runs like that?

Gold Member

Okay no bullshit here bud. I have no issues with what you want to do. Those same roses I learned how to wheelie on. I'm not bashing ya. But Aaron is a good dude. I give h a ton of shit but he's actually chill. Just for what's it worth.

Its your bike and your life. Who cares how you choose to live/ride as long as you're happy and don't hurt anyone. I know those straights and you can see for miles out there.

Enjoy your run and be safe bro.

PS don't tell Aaron I said he's cool. Have to maintain a reputation here.

CLOWNIE FTMFW!!