Thread: Clarify some laws for me...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Clarify some laws for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Vess View Post
    That doesn't matter - revving your engine can be interpreted as an exhibition of speed.
    So if that's the case, then I shouldn't rev my engine while stopped at lights/signs on cold mornings when my bike isn't fully warmed up?

Seems to me, if that's the case, then I'd see more squids on the sides of the road being given tickets for riding all around town in first gear at 14k rpms...

Quote Originally Posted by XJ600s View Post
    So if that's the case, then I shouldn't rev my engine while stopped at lights/signs on cold mornings when my bike isn't fully warmed up?

Seems to me, if that's the case, then I'd see more squids on the sides of the road being given tickets for riding all around town in first gear at 14k rpms...
    I said it can be interpreted that way, not that it always will be.

Most cops won't care unless you are purposely acting like a dick or they're are having a bad day. My friend had a sweet '68 GTO with glass packs and the cop was right behind us when he revved it. CSPD cops in the '70s didn't like teenaegers with loud cars.
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Vess View Post
    I said it can be interpreted that way, not that it always will be.

Most cops won't care unless you are purposely acting like a dick or they're are having a bad day. My friend had a sweet '68 GTO with glass packs and the cop was right behind us when he revved it. CSPD cops in the '70s didn't like teenaegers with loud cars.
    Ahh, stupid qualifiers, I always miss those.

And I guess I could see a GTO with glasspacks revved in front of an officer pissing him off.

Quote Originally Posted by XJ600s View Post
    And I guess I could see a GTO with glasspacks revved in front of an officer pissing him off.
    Oh boy did it. I think the fact that the cop was about four feet tall with a Napoleon complex and my buddy is 6'1" didn't help either. He was looking for someone to bust and show how much of a man he was.

That cop has to be close to 70 year old now. Four feet tall and 70 - I could take him.
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.