Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So did a thing...

So did a thing...

I know most people lurk but going to start posting more stuff to see if we can get this place jumping a bit and getting more lurkers involved. If you've gotten a new bike or mods, feel free to post up and share it!

Even though I'm not in CO anymore and had the hardest time making the decision on this because it's flatland out here and morons behind the wheel everywhere, although the bay/beach are like 15 mins away from where I live but just wanted to ride badly and got a screaming deal on this thing so couldn't say no. It's a 2018 Tuono with 7k on it, previous owner took really good care of it and did some minor mods to it, I'm going to change a couple of things here and there but nothing drastic, bike sits well as is for the most part. One of the first couple of changes are to change the OEM tail with a smoked integrated one from motodynamics to increase safety and also aesthetics, replace the front blinkers with the newrage cycles LED set and do have a set of H7 LED bulbs from LASfit coming for it already because I will say the OEM lighting on this bike is pretty horrible, the low beams are brighter than the high beam and the low beams aren't the greatest either, they just didn't think about this very thoroughly . Otherwise the bike is an absolute monster and more so here at sea level, sounds amazing and do love that you can adjust the electronics on the fly unlike the R1 I had which you had to be at a complete stop. So yeah, here it is!

Last edited by madvlad; Sun Mar 12th, 2023 at 07:48 PM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: So did a thing...

Is this thing still on?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Yep still have the lights on. Just not many at home.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Had to upload the pictures again, not sure why they weren't showing at all unlike before...
    Last edited by madvlad; Tue Jan 17th, 2023 at 01:35 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Had to upload the pictures again, not sure why they weren't showing at all unlike before...
    Bike looks good man!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

All around LED upgrade, LASFit LA Plus kit for the low beam and what a difference! (can't believe how horrible the halogen lighting is on these things), motodynamic integrated smoked tail and NRC front LED turn signals. Next will be radiator/oil cooler guards, low profile motodynamic fender eliminator (don't like the one on here now and the last owner hacked it up during install) and the GP shift linkage. Other than that, it won't be touched cosmetically for a while or if at all honestly. Think I may do gold wheels at some point but that's a big maybe.

www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Hey…I got me a ‘23 R1 Blue…of course first that went was passenger pegs and the rear mud flap

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    Hey…I got me a ‘23 R1 Blue…of course first that went was passenger pegs and the rear mud flap
    Post some pics biatch! How are you liking it so far man? Any other mods planned?

I miss my 16' R1 something fierce, that bike was something else. I'm looking to do the factory cowl conversion on mine at some point to get rid of that bulky/ugly ass rear seat and will also be getting rid of the rear pegs (Akra CF hanger piece for the exhaust when that time comes as well) but of course being an Italian bike, those parts are ridiculous $$$$$, so can't justify it right now but it would improve the looks of the bike exponentially. The tail piece would make the bike look like this instead:

www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Last edited by mdub; Wed Mar 22nd, 2023 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Post some pics biatch! How are you liking it so far man? Any other mods planned?

I miss my 16' R1 something fierce, that bike was something else. I'm looking to do the factory cowl conversion on mine at some point to get rid of that bulky/ugly ass rear seat and will also be getting rid of the rear pegs (Akra CF hanger piece for the exhaust when that time comes as well) but of course being an Italian bike, those parts are ridiculous $$$$$, so can't justify it right now but it would improve the looks of the bike exponentially. The tail piece would make the bike look like this instead:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Don't see pics man, where they at? Any plans for an exhaust on that thing?
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Hey everyone. Its been a while. I left almost all social media when they censored people. Haven't had a bike to talk about until 2018. A 07 Triumph Tiger 1050 sport cruiser. I have been doing mods on it here there but really did a tune up this last year. Replaced the fork seals and that caused me to change the tires. The old ones were most likely original and starting to dry rot and not being very sticky. I got a tune on it too. Did it myself with my laptop. I got rid of the most annoying things about it. Fuel cut off, shitty mapping and the O2 and PAIR system. Put an better mid pipe on it and now it screams performance.

Got a used 2012 KLR-650 for rides in the mountains where sport bikes shouldn't go. A lot of mods on that too. The doohicky. Carb tuned. LED headlights....
    Finally I got a 2015 ZX-10r full tune and exhaust and 12k miles on it. Its so nice to have a near new bike. Aside from fixing a ticking that sounded like valves ticking. Turns out the cam chain tensioner was loose because the spring that pushes out the tensioner was broken. Easy~ fix and the noise went away immediately. Its been a beast. Now I have 4 bikes in one year. Before I had one very neglected Tiger.
    I should have posted more about it on here. Lost of how to and fix it yourself stuff.
    I did make a video of the before and after the ticking noise on the ZX10r and was going to upload it to YT to share. But I don't edit so its still on the back burner.
    Thought I would throw this stuff out there.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Was there a website restore?
    It says my location is Chuck Norris Training camp and I changed that years ago. Plus I graduated with honors.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofColorado View Post
    Was there a website restore?
    It says my location is Chuck Norris Training camp and I changed that years ago. Plus I graduated with honors.
    Welcome back man!!

Not sure about a site restore/reset. Has been this way for a long time as far as I can remember. Last time I remember you around the forums was in the late 2000's(i.e. 2009ish).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Listen.... fellas. It's closing time and I'm going to need you to finish your drinks and head on out, okay?

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Listen.... fellas. It's closing time and I'm going to need you to finish your drinks and head on out, okay?

welcome to the forgotten club
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Bored on a Friday afternoon while winding down... Figured I'd click through some old links... Found this thread. Glad to see someone left the lights on.

Damir, glad you're enjoying the Tuono... Even though you're stuck in flat-land hell! Get up to the Appalachians. That bike will thank you.

Thought I was done with sport-bikes, but got lured back in by one more. Probably the last one I buy.

Deposit is down, now waiting for the bike to show up. 1 of 70 Speed White 2023 Aprilia Factory Tuonos coming to the US has my name on it!

Will be joining these two, already at home

'23 Aprilia Tuareg (Billy goat mountain road bike)
    '17 Ducati Multistrada Enduro (promoted to touring duty)

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Bored on a Friday afternoon while winding down... Figured I'd click through some old links... Found this thread. Glad to see someone left the lights on.

Damir, glad you're enjoying the Tuono... Even though you're stuck in flat-land hell! Get up to the Appalachians. That bike will thank you.

Thought I was done with sport-bikes, but got lured back in by one more. Probably the last one I buy.

Deposit is down, now waiting for the bike to show up. 1 of 70 Speed White 2023 Aprilia Factory Tuonos coming to the US has my name on it!

Will be joining these two, already at home

'23 Aprilia Tuareg (Billy goat mountain road bike)
    '17 Ducati Multistrada Enduro (promoted to touring duty)

What up dude? haha, forgot to grab your number before I left social media man as I knew you were coming down to Winter Haven to get your new ride come spring time, bummer we couldn't link up bro but glad she's home, let me know if you're ever back in this area. Congrats on the new Factory Tuono, saw their unveiling at COTA earlier this year and man they're freaking sweet! Yeah, the flat land riding out here sucks without a doubt, which is why I rarely ride it but for some early breakfast in st pete by the pier or go to to the beach later in the day to chill and watch the sunset. Do miss the mountains dearly on that end but a hell of a bike nonetheless, Aprilia did a great job with it honestly but with my shoulder/neck issues doubt I'd be able to tour it even though going TN is in the works. Debating on whether to keep it though or trade it and get into a FJR/Multi for long distance, went to Ducati of Tampa Bay demo day last month and test rode a fully dressed Multi and man that thing was butter but at almost $30k, I'd have to give it some serious consideration . I'd get a fully equipped FJR for less than $20k and does the same job but the problem is finding them. How are you liking the Tuareg so far, did you guys end up riding back home or towed them out there from here?
    Last edited by madvlad; Sat Jul 1st, 2023 at 11:00 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

No worries... wasn't in a good place when I was in FL anyways. Sick parents are not fun!

We got down there in May and rode the Tuaregs back to CO. Took the scenic route. Lots of 2-lanes, little dirt, tons of fun!

Yeah... couldn't resist the white! It's a beaut. Now, if Aprilia would just ship the damned bike!!!

Yeah, I don't know if I can justify a new Multi-V4. I don't really want all the tech. Gonna keep the twin for a while. It makes a solid tourer. Look into the twins, they're not 30K. Also, go ride a tuareg. Super comfy, tour capable, and a straight hooligan bike. We were out today and I told Doung (King Nothing) that dollar for dollar, probably the best bike I've owned when looking at pure giddiness and good times riding.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    No worries... wasn't in a good place when I was in FL anyways. Sick parents are not fun!

We got down there in May and rode the Tuaregs back to CO. Took the scenic route. Lots of 2-lanes, little dirt, tons of fun!

Yeah... couldn't resist the white! It's a beaut. Now, if Aprilia would just ship the damned bike!!!

Yeah, I don't know if I can justify a new Multi-V4. I don't really want all the tech. Gonna keep the twin for a while. It makes a solid tourer. Look into the twins, they're not 30K. Also, go ride a tuareg. Super comfy, tour capable, and a straight hooligan bike. We were out today and I told Doung (King Nothing) that dollar for dollar, probably the best bike I've owned when looking at pure giddiness and good times riding.
    Oh man, sorry to hear about the parents. Glad you guys had a good ride back man, honestly never been much of a dirt guy so not sure if the Tuareg would be a good option at least in that arena but guess good to have the option in case maybe I get into it later on, who knows . The local Ape dealer I got mine from here in Largo is having a demo day next weekend, may go give the Tuareg a whirl and see how I feel on it, definitely want something more comfortable, sucks getting older and all these work injuries don't get better . Right there with you honestly, not a fan of all the tech on bikes now, do like the cruise control on the Tuono mainly slabbing it here but about it. I hate all the other rider aids on it, can't ride the bike like I want to and it has buckled me very nasty and randomly, I just turn all that shit off now, rides much better when my TC is the throttle/rear brake like I'm used to riding from back in the day. Hope the Tuono makes it to you soon man, post some pics when you get it.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

When I said twins, I meant Ducati... They're still selling the Multistrada in V2. In a 900 and an 1100 size. The nice thing about the multis is that they're usually bought by older people who don't abuse the bikes. I bought my enduro and it was super clean. And yes, cruise control is an absolute God send on these types of bikes! We rode out to CA last year, and it's great to be able to set it and stretch/relax a bit.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Oh for sure, I'll browse and see if I find a later year, low mileage one that hopefully hasn't been treated to shit cause man people out here don't take care of nothing, all these beat to shit cars and bikes in the market at ridiculous pricing and they have the nerve to say in mint or pristine condition in the posting but the clearcoat is gone, full of rust, etc , not sure what they deem mint or pristine haha. I definitely lucked out with this Tuono as they also allowed me to go through it and I made sure shit was as they advertised, the owner even offered me a tech job. Worse come to worse if I have to go to the west side to get one/find one for the right price and condition, I don't mind making the trip. Went to the Ducati website and looked at the V2 and just getting the bags, nothing else more extensive cost as much as a freaking V4 . Let's sell a tourer bike without the tourer, freaking manufacturers are insane. Reason why the FJR is looking like the best option is because it comes with the bags and everything ready, nothing extra you need to get unless you actually want it.
    Last edited by madvlad; Mon Jul 3rd, 2023 at 12:27 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Of course you couldn't stay away, and now I don't have to find you a bike when you come visit.

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    Of course you couldn't stay away, and now I don't have to find you a bike when you come visit.
    Definitely not riding this thing all the way up there good ol' work injuries may force me out of this thing and into an FJR or something much more comfortable. Not ready for a Harley and honestly don't think I'll ever be ready for that
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1