www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Bump!

Just wanted to let Nate know that I do lift now.... bro.
    Nice....glad to know this thread is not completely dead.

I'm still at it too, but have stopped lifting super heavy as it was just too much for my old bones and joints.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Nice....glad to know this thread is not completely dead.

I'm still at it too, but have stopped lifting super heavy as it was just too much for my old bones and joints.
    Old man problems. I feel your pain. I started doing this program https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=169172473. I started back in November, but got sick on my week 2 of it and was out of commission for about 3 weeks. So I started it over again and am on week 3 now.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Old man problems. I feel your pain. I started doing this program https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=169172473. I started back in November, but got sick on my week 2 of it and was out of commission for about 3 weeks. So I started it over again and am on week 3 now.
    That sounds cool, but weights are heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Yeah they are! And they make you sore for days!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Funny as that is basically Ronnie Coleman's (Mr. Olympia) big saying:

Yeah just not worth it to lift so heavy that I hurt myself and then end up taking more time off. Now I just go in to stay in shape and have stopped trying to get huge; plus realized it really isn't that healthy to be a giant bodybuilder (like Ronnie above...guarantee that guy could not run a few miles to save his life). The good thing is I've kept most my stregnth even though I'm leaner.

Nice, I like that workout! Best success I have seen is with programs that constantly keep your muscles from getting used to a workout; hence the different weight and reps in the program. I like how it encourages to keep pushing yourself (increase weight by 10%). Continue doing this and you will be amazed how much you will be able to lift compared to when you started. MY bench press was horrible when I started but I forced myself to keep adding weight even though I hated it and amazed now at the difference.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Jan 18th, 2018 at 09:29 AM.

Don't nobody.

Nice, I like that workout! Best success I have seen is with programs that constantly keep your muscles from getting used to a workout; hence the different weight and reps in the program. I like how it encourages to keep pushing yourself (increase weight by 10%). Continue doing this and you will be amazed how much you will be able to lift compared to when you started. MY bench press was horrible when I started but I forced myself to keep adding weight even though I hated it and amazed now at the difference.
    I struggle with things that pertain to my shoulders because I have an old basketball injury that's never gone away. So bench and the overhead press are definitely my weak areas. But this has improved that already. You can really feel it when you're adding that extra rep each week. I'm out of town next week, so I'm doing 2 heavy days (Sunday & Tuesday) before I leave since I don't think I'll have time to actually go workout. Hopefully it doesn't effect my test day (Week 5 heavy day).
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Thu Jan 18th, 2018 at 10:28 AM.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Don't nobody.

I struggle with things that pertain to my shoulders because I have an old basketball injury that's never gone away. So bench and the overhead press are definitely my weak areas. But this has improved that already. You can really feel it when you're adding that extra rep each week. I'm out of town next week, so I'm doing 2 heavy days (Sunday & Tuesday) before I leave since I don't think I'll have time to actually go workout. Hopefully it doesn't effect my test day (Week 5 heavy day).
    Is that a rotator cuff injury? I've torn both of mine....from snowboarding and then just continued to lift on them. I ended up having to take nearly a year off from bench press and I am better now....took a long time though. My buddy tore his around same time and he did the surgery and I went the rehab route. He ended up losing some rang of motion so kind of glad I never got surgery.

Is that a rotator cuff injury? I've torn both of mine....from snowboarding and then just continued to lift on them. I ended up having to take nearly a year off from bench press and I am better now....took a long time though. My buddy tore his around same time and he did the surgery and I went the rehab route. He ended up losing some rang of motion so kind of glad I never got surgery.
    They don't know what it is. I've had multiple x-rays and MRIs on it and they can't figure out what it is, so I just deal with it. When I was in high school my legs got taken out getting a rebound and I landed with my hand first into the floor and it pushed my shoulder out of the socket. They put it back in, but ever since then it's given me issues.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825