Thread: DAMN!! Tony Stewart kills fellow driver, striking them on track with his race car.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: DAMN!! Tony Stewart kills fellow driver, striking them on track with his race ca

I've watched the video several times, and he didn't even gas it until he was next to guy. To me it appears that he was almost past him, or at least mid car when he hit the gas. Maybe to get away? Not that it mattered, but it didn't look like he gassed it before him causing any kind of slide.

Can't really say that hasn't been already stated. The guy was an idiot for getting out of his car when there was no need. Now if his car was on fire I can totally understand it. But he was just pissed and a moron that picked the wrong way of dealing with it.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

Re: DAMN!! Tony Stewart kills fellow driver, striking them on track with his race ca

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbie303 View Post
    I've watched the video several times, and he didn't even gas it until he was next to guy. To me it appears that he was almost past him, or at least mid car when he hit the gas.
    You have to take into consideration the time it takes the sound to get across the track and to the video camera. It doesn't take much of a distance to have an audio to video delay. The camera/mic is pretty far away, being on the other side of the track. If that is Tony's car you hear gas it, it's right when he hits the guy, therefore, because of sound delay, Tony hit the gas before he got to the guy.

I think the eye-witnesses are correct. Tony punched it to scare the guy and things got way too close, way too quick. The first car almost hit Ward as well, but Tony did it on purpose. You can even see Ward jump back to avoid Tony. It's too bad the video doesn't stay framed as Tony enters the scene.
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Mon Aug 11th, 2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    You have to take into consideration the time delay it takes the sound to get across the track and to the video camera. It doesn't take much of a distance to have an audio to video gap. The camera/mic is pretty far away, being on the other side of the track. If that is Tony's car you hear gas it, it's right when he hits the guy, therefore, because of sound delay, Tony hit the gas before he got to the guy.

I think the eye-witnesses are correct. Tony punched it to scare the guy and things got way too close, way too quick. The first car almost hit Ward as well, but Tony did it on purpose. You can even see Ward jump back to avoid Tony. It's too bad the video doesn't stay framed as Tony enters the scene.
    Very good point. I didn't take into account of the delay. That would put him gassing it right before the guy. Sad and stupid all around from both sides.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!