Thread: Any Ducati mechanics in or around Colorado Springs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Re: Any Ducati mechanics in or around Colorado Springs?

Clovis,
    Your bike is a 2010-2012 Multistrada S model correct?
    If so those have a bit different bits in them than more normal type Ohlins forks.
    First they have servo's inside to activate the valving on the fly.
    The left is compression and the right is rebound, this is how they adjust to the different modes.
    I would also be very careful as the electrical connectors on top are extremely fragile, so beware when disconnecting.
    I would find a shop to take or send the forks to, removing & installing them my self.
    The seals and or bushing aren't really the issue, it's the packaging that if assembled incorrectly, could not give the correct performance, or worse.
    Just my thoughts on this matter.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Any Ducati mechanics in or around Colorado Springs?

I didn't even consider that they might have the electronic adjusters.

If that then the task is for sure more challenging. I've never personally worked on a set, so I have no good guidance to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    Clovis,
    Your bike is a 2010-2012 Multistrada S model correct?
    If so those have a bit different bits in them than more normal type Ohlins forks.
    First they have servo's inside to activate the valving on the fly.
    The left is compression and the right is rebound, this is how they adjust to the different modes.
    I would also be very careful as the electrical connectors on top are extremely fragile, so beware when disconnecting.
    I would find a shop to take or send the forks to, removing & installing them my self.
    The seals and or bushing aren't really the issue, it's the packaging that if assembled incorrectly, could not give the correct performance, or worse.
    Just my thoughts on this matter.