Thread: 22' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 22' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

More riders on the move, Gardner to GRT Yamaha to replace Gerloff, Gerloff is off to Bonovo to team up with Baz as Laverty has moved into a team ownership role within Bonovo. Mooney VR46 riders stay one more year and Cameron Baubier is coming back to MA to ride for BMW next year, he's done in the big stage and American Racing team has respected his decision. He is also about to be 30 or 31 so age alone regardless of performances wouldn't have given him a shot at MotoGP at all, so he figured he'd spend his last stint of racing years back here, can't blame the guy.

Yamaha seem to finally be waking up from their bullshit nap and finally got to work, looks like the Misano test proved to be rather fruitful for them finally and somehow they were able to squeeze more performance without risking smoothness on that dinosaur M1 engine. Although there are talks and hints about them possibly developing a V4 engine in the near future as the project lead indirectly mentioned that they're pretty much at near optimum performance from that platform (as if it wasn't obvious given their riders get taken to gapplebees in the straightaways ) but looking promising.

That rivalry in WSBK in between Rae and Bautista just got crazy man, that bad move from Rae just turned that relationship sour and will say that Rae did get way too ambitious on that one but given they've all been riding pretty aggressive and with a lot of contact, it was only a matter of time someone paid the price. I'm all for close racing but yeah riding like that will have its consequences.
    Last edited by madvlad; Thu Sep 15th, 2022 at 11:58 AM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Re: 22' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    More riders on the move, Gardner to GRT Yamaha to replace Gerloff, Gerloff is off to Bonovo to team up with Baz as Laverty has moved into a team ownership role within Bonovo. Mooney VR46 riders stay one more year and Cameron Baubier is coming back to MA to ride for BMW next year, he's done in the big stage and American Racing team has respected his decision. He is also about to be 30 or 31 so age alone regardless of performances wouldn't have given him a shot at MotoGP at all, so he figured he'd spend his last stint of racing years back here, can't blame the guy.

I just saw this news the other day. Can't blame him either, he wasn't achieving the results he wanted. I'm sure it was tough in Moto2. That's such a strong category and the racers are ruthless there. All striving to make it into MotoGP at some point. And with news of Toprak wanting to come over to MotoGP, I couldn't see Beaubier getting there before Torpak. So it is what it is, and MotoAmerica will probably be better off for it. Have another competitive rider in the lineup will help. As fun as MotoAmerica is, it's boring with Gagne clearing off at the front. Either he's that good or everyone else are just on turds. I think it's a bit of both, he's that good and the rest of the field don't have the bike to compete. Rumor is Petrucci will leave for WSBK anyway at the end of the season. So that leaves a spot open to be filled once again.

Yamaha seem to finally be waking up from their bullshit nap and finally got to work, looks like the Misano test proved to be rather fruitful for them finally and somehow they were able to squeeze more performance without risking smoothness on that dinosaur M1 engine. Although there are talks and hints about them possibly developing a V4 engine in the near future as the project lead indirectly mentioned that they're pretty much at near optimum performance from that platform (as if it wasn't obvious given their riders get taken to gapplebees in the straightaways ) but looking promising.

I just think it's a little too late for Yamaha though. It's sad as well, because this is what Rossi and Vinales were constantly asking for and their words fell on def ears. Yamaha have become a bit of a disappointment in MotoGP. Once Fabio leaves, and he will. They will be at the back and fighting for top 10's.

That rivalry in WSBK in between Rae and Bautista just got crazy man, that bad move from Rae just turned that relationship sour and will say that Rae did get way too ambitious on that one but given they've all been riding pretty aggressive and with a lot of contact, it was only a matter of time someone paid the price. I'm all for close racing but yeah riding like that will have its consequences.
    What is sad, is that it didn't have too. Rea I think is feeling the heat from both Bautista and Toprak. He has such a rivalry with Toprak that he allowed it to jeapordize Bautista and affect the championship. I think if Bautista loses the championship this year, he can blame Rea on more than one occasion for it. Rea is still fast, but he's looking at not being champion again for a second year in a row and that's pissing him off.

Look how salty Hamilton is in Formula 1. Everyone else have recognized that Verstappen is just in a class of his own this season, but salty ass Hamilton is putting it down to the car and Helmut Marko's design. Didn't Hamilton get ticked off when everyone said it was the car and not him? Yet, he's doing the exact same thing that he blamed everyone else for.

This is what happens to guy's that have been at the top for way too long. They are used to dominating and winning all the time. They are used to taking all the spoils and getting all of the adoration from their fans, teams and FIM/FIA personnel. Then when they get knocked off their high horse and start to lose, they realize they ain't the best thing since sliced bread anymore and someone else is the new flavor.

I think we see that with Rea. Which is sad, because he's an exceptional rider. He's always fast and always consistent. Problem is, he felt into not having much competition for a couple years and it went to his head. Then Toprak and Bautista show up and he's having some issues.

Same thing with Hamilton. When the 2022 Mercedes car was a total turd at the beginning of the season and he was struggling to even get passed a HAAS during races and then most of the time fighting off McLaren and Alpine. I think the reality started to set in for Hamilton that yes, it has been the car all these years. He's had the best car by a country mile for a long time and it was masking his rather mediocre driving abilities. Unless Hamilton can blast past another driver down the straights, he's a less than satisfactory driver in terms of dog fights. There are other drivers that are way better at dog fighting and he knows this.

I'm really satisfied with seeing Mercedes struggle so much this season. It's an absolute delight to see their anguish during the races.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."