Thread: DISRECOMMEND American Family

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: DISRECOMMEND American Family

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I did have State Farm at a point in College....till I got my first career and they ran my record. Come to find out the agent said they never run it only until you make a policy change do they re-run it. Went from $200 a year full coverage to $3K, to a letter saying we are dropping you...thats when I went with Progressive as they did not care about the 2 tickets I had for 5mph over. So yeah State Farm can be low...but don't get tickets.
    That's not completely true. They haven't pulled my record since 1999. Since then I've hit someone in a parking lot, received at least 6-8 speeding tickets, made a million and one changes to my policies, including adding new vehicles, selling old ones, changing coverage on those vehicles, adding glass coverage, claiming a new window in my truck, new windshield in my old car... They still haven't pulled my record, and I guess they never will until I cause a serious accident. I have 4 vehicles insured with them now. In the last 3 years, 3 of those vehicles have been changed out.

I'm not sure what triggers it, but it's not necessarily a policy change (if they've never pulled it before). But they DO pull it for drivers who they regularly pull records for. I've been with State Farm wince I was 16, so they know my entire history. I'm not a risk to them.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    That's not completely true. They haven't pulled my record since 1999. Since then I've hit someone in a parking lot, received at least 6-8 speeding tickets, made a million and one changes to my policies, including adding new vehicles, selling old ones, changing coverage on those vehicles, adding glass coverage, claiming a new window in my truck, new windshield in my old car... They still haven't pulled my record, and I guess they never will until I cause a serious accident. I have 4 vehicles insured with them now. In the last 3 years, 3 of those vehicles have been changed out.

I'm not sure what triggers it, but it's not necessarily a policy change (if they've never pulled it before). But they DO pull it for drivers who they regularly pull records for. I've been with State Farm wince I was 16, so they know my entire history. I'm not a risk to them.
    No two people get the same treatment with ANY insurance company. It was true in my case, a policy changed showed 2 tickets, one the agent got them to drop as he said your first ticket they drop. But the other was going to put me int he high risk group...high risk for two tickets, give me a break.

Maybe you have just been lucky or missed somehow...computer glitch maybe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    No two people get the same treatment with ANY insurance company. It was true in my case, a policy changed showed 2 tickets, one the agent got them to drop as he said your first ticket they drop. But the other was going to put me int he high risk group...high risk for two tickets, give me a break.

Maybe you have just been lucky or missed somehow...computer glitch maybe!!!
    I know me and Ricky have discussed this in a previous thread, but I get the same treatment ad him.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd