Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    I've done all my watching at the house in Firefox with no issues, what kind of problems are you having? Are you running any addons?
    I've always used Firefox but it's progressively gotten worse and now I can't use it. Just using pop-up blockers for add-ons and that's it. All media/flash players are up to date.

What happens is I'll click on a video/race or interview content and all I get is just the "loading circle" and it does that continually. Then after about one minute of this, it just drops out and says something the affect of, "video player can't be downloaded". And I must point out, that "video player can't be downloaded" message is only for Races, or Live Video. For everything else, (i.e. post-race conferences, interviews or just extra content videos) I won't even get the loading circle. For all the other stuff it just won't load and most of the time, it's just black screen.

So at least with Avast I can watch the races, FP's and Q's. Haven't tried anything else, as at this point I'm just fed up with MotoGP.com's website.

And with that said, just finished watching Q2, looks like Marquez will win again tomorrow. The race will be for 2nd place. So we are in for another crapper...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Now there are rumors of Lorenzo talking to Petronas Yamaha about 2021. After the past 3 years, I'm frankly a bit surprised teams would be interested. I know, I know, he's a former world champion but I don't see him being the difference that brings Ducati the title they are looking for. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    I received it in an official MotoGP email and reading the article it is definitely just a rumor but all the riders are talking about it
    Yeah just read about that one last night about him talking to Petronas as well and HRC are livid about it, guess this one has more validity to it than the Ducati move but we'll see how this unfolds cause it'd be a pretty fucked up move from Pramac if they do Jack Miller wrong over a has been, mainly with his great results and improvement as of late. I doubt we'll see Lorenzo ride fast ever again, the dude I hate to say it s just damaged goods and there are much better and younger riders coming up the ranks that deserve a ride, just like I am sure if Lorenzo does end up in Petronas, Quartararo will take Rossi's seat if he continues this impressive run.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I've managed to get the Avast browser to work. It's a little slow with MotoGP.com's website but I can at least stream the race content. Haven't tried the interviews/conference stuff.

As far as other browsers giving me issues. Both Firefox and Chrome have acted up with their website.
    Hmmmm weird man, just saw the qualifiers under Chrome and no hiccups or anything and went around the site to see other stuff and no issues... Is it something in the settings of the website or something like that?
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yeah just read about that one last night about him talking to Petronas as well and HRC are livid about it, guess this one has more validity to it than the Ducati move but we'll see how this unfolds cause it'd be a pretty fucked up move from Pramac if they do Jack Miller wrong over a has been, mainly with his great results and improvement as of late. I doubt we'll see Lorenzo ride fast ever again, the dude I hate to say it s just damaged goods and there are much better and younger riders coming up the ranks that deserve a ride, just like I am sure if Lorenzo does end up in Petronas, Quartararo will take Rossi's seat if he continues this impressive run.

Hmmmm weird man, just saw the qualifiers under Chrome and no hiccups or anything and went around the site to see other stuff and no issues... Is it something in the settings of the website or something like that?
    Jack Miller is nice and all, but I've always felt he is overhyped. He's developed and he's doing well but when they moved him up from Moto3 to MotoGP, it was all hype. He never won anything(title wise) in Moto3 and skipped over Moto2. I also think his comments about Lorenzo tucking tail and running from the Repsol RCV213 are a bit rich, considering when he was on the customer Honda, he wanted off the thing so bad. At least Lorenzo is a champion(5x) and Jorge may be a dick, but what has Miller ever accomplished??

Miller hangs out with Crutchlow way too much and he's starting to shoot his mouth off in the same fashion. I think Petrucci deserved that factory Ducati over Miller, and I think now Miller is pissed as he might lose out his satellite ride.

If all of these rumors really start gaining traction, I can see a few things panning out:

Lorenzo to Petronas = Fabio going to Repsol, as there might be a deal to buy out Jorge from his contract, in trade for FQ to come to Repsol. And Petronas has the money to do this.

Lorenzo to Pramac = Miller losing his ride and potentially going to WSBK(even though he denies it) or KTM(rumors are Zarco hates the bike). OR him taking Nakagami's spot at LCR but that isn't likely as Taka is riding very well lately.

Lorenzo to Petronas = Franco Morbidelli losing his spot and ending up who knows where, Moto2???

Lorenzo stays at Honda = him crashing a hell of a lot more for the next 18 months.

Lorenzo to Factory Yamaha = Rossi's retirement after 2020. I don't think we'll see Rossi go anywhere even with his dismal results this year. Rossi has some time on his side, as MV and FQ are doing better than him but are very inconsistent and he's most of the time beating them. I think he's waiting for the 2020 bike to be some sort of Godsend but I don't think it will happen. I think 2020 is Rossi's last season.

Lorenzo to Factory Yamaha = Vinales leaving for Suzuki. This is a rumor that I've heard floating around and not much speak about it. Rumors suggest that Vinales has approached Suzuki. Meaning, Mir loses his spot and then Suzuki have a good duo in Rins/Vinales.

Touching on the last two scenarios, if what I think happens does. Then we might see a Lorenzo/Quartararo pairing for 2021. This all impinges on Rossi retiring and Vinales back to Suzuki.

Also one last scenario

Lorenzo to Pramac = Miller losing his spot and Alex Marquez being brought in on a one year deal for Repsol Honda. He looks to win the Moto2 championship and it would be a Marquez bros INC. at Honda for a year at least.

Lastly,

I have got my Avast browser to work with MotoGP.com so I'm using that at the moment.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Now that was a good race!! Congrats to Dovi!!

That's how you beat Marquez, just stuff him in a corner and not let him out.

About time we got a good race til the end.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah that was a great scrap man, clinical for sure. Dovi late trailbraking technique going into the second to last corner was a thing of beauty man, that's what gave him enough to hound to the last corner dive. What an awesome race, I am very surprised the Yamahas finished so high up, FQ keeps impressing race by race as of how he can make that Yamaha work so well given all its woes still and sad that he outrides both the factory guys almost every round lol, that kid is thirsty. Very hard earned race win for Dovi for sure, hope this gives the team and himself a bit of push and fuel to take it to Marquez in these remaining rounds and see if they can put the pressure on and close that gap in points. How about Pecco and Olivieira man, they finished really well this round and rode superbly. So much upcoming talent in this paddock is amazing. Bummer for Pol Espargaro on the KTM to stall out mid corner after showing some decent pace on the weekend... Onto Silverstone!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Some good races today, MotoGP/2/3 and MotoAmerica.

Rumors running around Zarco requested contract termination with KTM, don't know where he would go from there.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Rumors running around Zarco requested contract termination with KTM, don't know where he would go from there.
    yeah did see all races across the board and they were great, glad to see Fenati climbing back out from the cellar after his dumb decisions almost cost him his career. It is official that Zarco won’t continue with KTM but yeah sort of a knucklehead move since there are no open seats left in GP at the moment. The guy goes into a project expecting wins and podiums his first year and quits? Doesn’t say much positive of him but that he’s just like Lorenzo and wants to reap rewards without doing horse work. If I was a team manager I wouldn’t look his way.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Its more than a rumor:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2019/...e-split/304917

So Miller re-signed with Pramac. So that puts to rest the Lorenzo speculation there. Still somewhat surprised Zarco is leaving but it looks more like KTM did the split more than Zarco.

I'm thinking now Lorenzo will stay with Honda. I would, even if he doesn't gel with the bike next year, least he can finish the contract and then move on.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Crashes or not but Miller deserves to stay, he has gotten some great results and would have been low from Ducati to not sign him. The pressure is on him now to deliver results though so sure hope he stays on the bike more than not. In another news, there’s talk about Redding replacing Bautista at Ducati in WSBK, can’t believe he’s seriously thinking about jumping to Honda after all their disasters in WSBK after the years
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Guess it’s official now, Bautista to Honda so RIP to his career and Redding to take over his seat

https://www.motorsport.com/wsbk/news...0/4517186/amp/
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

About freakin time Yamaha pulled their heads out(though I though Rossi screwed himself at the end with all that cat and mouse with everyone). Looks to be a good race tomorrow, I might actually get up and watch this one live for once. Have to say, these guys are obliterating the lap records at Silverstone.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

If anybody watches Moto3 keep an eye out for #96, Brandon Paasch. He is the first American rider to get a wild card ride in a Moto 3 race in a long time. His normal series is the British Superbike equivalent of the Moto3 class. I do not know him but a friend does having raced against him as an amateur in Pennsylvania

Yea, definitely good to see him get a chance, hoping he does well.

I'm not surprised with the lap records, brand new pavement and some bump removal between F1 and now.
    Blair

Yeah will definitely be watching all 3 races tomorrow, incredible what those level of grip have done for Yamaha, at the level they should be, if only they could achieve it at all race tracks imagine where they'd be. FQ is on a roll man, wouldn't surprise me if he took the factory seat very soon. Sure hope that BP gets good placement in Moto3, nice seeing another American on the grid again
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Just finished watching the MotoAmerica Race 1 at Pittsburgh man and what a scrap in between the Yamahas. Glad to see Jake Gagne get that 4th position on the bimmer and bummer for Kyle Wyman who was doing well but low sided trying to chase Jake down. The AMA series has been fun this year
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Rins bro, wow what a move from that kid. Snoozefest races till the last few laps this season, that Suzuki has insane corner speed and edge grip, thing has to be a blast to ride. Curious to see what Rossi has to say and as of why he could never get any pace going as they were all on the same tire choice. Hope Dovi is okay after that nasty get off, that looked gnarly as hell.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

That last move was epic from Rins. Even that go around the outside move the lap earlier was insane. Rins was a beast towards the end of the race. Again, another good race we got today. Rins is an alien, he just needs to sort some of his riding, but I think he's got the speed to take it to Marquez.

One more thing, Matt Birt can eat a d*ck. Stop saying, "you've got to really feel for Marquez, for doing all the work." Yeah, not really. He's ripped off wins from all kinds of riders in the past, and then the same thing happens to him and we are supposed to feel bad?? Sorry Matt, but pull you head out of Marquez' ass and realize he got slapped at the end.

Yamaha were a bit lackluster today, especially showing strong pace during FP's and Q's. I expected more from Rossi. I didn't think he would win but at least be in the fight and podium. Come race day, it's always all different for Yamaha.

And I hope Dovi is o.k., very nasty crash...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah I will agree with you on the comment he made there, definitely don't feel bad as he used Rossi to tow to pole position yesterday so if he would have started mid pack, it could have been a much different story for sure. Yeah man MV showed a bit of something there towards the end but just when you think there is light at the end of the tunnel for these guys, something goes south either during race day or practices/qualifiers, it's like it never goes right on both ends. They have either strong race pace but their qualifier sucked so they waste all of that fighting their way forward or they have a good qualifier but drop like flies. It's rather mind boggling to me what's going on at Yamaha at the moment for sure.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah I will agree with you on the comment he made there, definitely don't feel bad as he used Rossi to tow to pole position yesterday so if he would have started mid pack, it could have been a much different story for sure. Yeah man MV showed a bit of something there towards the end but just when you think there is light at the end of the tunnel for these guys, something goes south either during race day or practices/qualifiers, it's like it never goes right on both ends. They have either strong race pace but their qualifier sucked so they waste all of that fighting their way forward or they have a good qualifier but drop like flies. It's rather mind boggling to me what's going on at Yamaha at the moment for sure.
    I do find it rather odd as well, especially since they are lapping during the race close to three seconds off of what they qualified on. One would think, o.k. with the pace a lot less frantic, the Yamaha's will for sure put in a good fight and be there at the end.

And I understand that qualifying is just that, it's usually a couple super fast laps and that's it. But these guys were going quicker during their FP's and then come race time, everyone is just slower. So it would lead you to believe, that everyone will bunch up and be there at the end. Didn't happen that and really only two guys featured in the race.

So I'm not sure what Yamaha's problem is at the moment. Either they can't dial in their electronics for full race distance, or the tires took a huge dive again, or the temps went up and the bike chewed them up quicker. The speed is there for both Vinales and Rossi, but the bike isn't complete yet. Something is still missing.

Look at how the Suzuki was destroying the Honda in the flowing turns and tight turns. Yamaha's should have been doing the same thing.

But looking at how everyone(except Yamaha) have improved their engines and power delivery, it leads me to believe one thing for sure. That the Yamaha engine must be a real crapper...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

One more thing, Matt Birt can eat a d*ck. Stop saying, "you've got to really feel for Marquez, for doing all the work." Yeah, not really. He's ripped off wins from all kinds of riders in the past, and then the same thing happens to him and we are supposed to feel bad?? Sorry Matt, but pull you head out of Marquez' ass and realize he got slapped at the end.
    I thought the same thing

So I'm not sure what Yamaha's problem is at the moment. Either they can't dial in their electronics for full race distance, or the tires took a huge dive again, or the temps went up and the bike chewed them up quicker. The speed is there for both Vinales and Rossi, but the bike isn't complete yet. Something is still missing.
    I hope Yamaha comes to the fight next year with a truly redesigned machine.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

... he used Rossi to tow to pole position yesterday so if he would have started mid pack, it could have been a much different story for sure. ...
    Pretty sure MM was going to pole whether Rossi was in front or not. He probably gained a little bit following Rossi, but his first run time would of still been on the front row.

I do find it rather odd as well, especially since they are lapping during the race close to three seconds off of what they qualified on. One would think, o.k. with the pace a lot less frantic, the Yamaha's will for sure put in a good fight and be there at the end.

And I understand that qualifying is just that, it's usually a couple super fast laps and that's it. But these guys were going quicker during their FP's and then come race time, everyone is just slower. So it would lead you to believe, that everyone will bunch up and be there at the end. Didn't happen that and really only two guys featured in the race.
    Everybody was going slower during the race. Looking at fastest lap differences between Q2 and the race:
    93: 1.8s
    46: 1.9s
    12: 1.4s

So everyone slowed down by about the same amount. Between temperature changes and tire changes it's not hard to believe a 1 - 2 second difference across the board for all riders. When your competitors have a couple tenths or more per lap on you (both in qualifying and the race), it's hard to stay with them.
    Blair

Pretty sure MM was going to pole whether Rossi was in front or not. He probably gained a little bit following Rossi, but his first run time would of still been on the front row.

Everybody was going slower during the race. Looking at fastest lap differences between Q2 and the race:
    93: 1.8s
    46: 1.9s
    12: 1.4s

So everyone slowed down by about the same amount. Between temperature changes and tire changes it's not hard to believe a 1 - 2 second difference across the board for all riders. When your competitors have a couple tenths or more per lap on you (both in qualifying and the race), it's hard to stay with them.
    Right, and I get all that but it's not like in Formula 1. In Formula 1, they have ridiculous time spreads. They can qualify a good 4 or 5 seconds faster than what race pace come race day will be. To me that's just absurd. Why the massive deviations of lap times?? Just goes to show what the cars are capable of, but only during Q sessions and not the actual race. Which in turn, can mask a particular driver's either advantage or disadvantages.

You have one lap wonders that look to have tons of pace and then show up as big turds during the race.

MotoGP for instance though, tends to be a little more closer in times and more competitive. Rossi showed very good pace during the FP's and had a more than solid Q2 session. But come race day it all went backwards for him(which is usually not the case, it's the other way around, he sucks in Q2 and then has to chew his way forward). Yes, everyone goes slower during the race but they still maintain that strong pace they showed during the practice sessions. Rossi, seemed to have lost all the pace he had in the practice sessions. 11 seconds off the winner is not showing strong pace, that's getting your pee pee slapped big time(especially starting the race in P2).

Vinales showed way more consistency and speed throughout the race. Which again shows, he brought his pace with him come race day. Same as Marquez and Rins. Where the hell was Rossi at??

It just goes to show, that the Yamaha really is sucking hind tit in some key areas. Both Vinales and Rossi should have been there fighting for the win and podium. Vinales was close, but Rossi didn't have a sniff. I don't think Fabio would have been close either though, as he'd of fell back with Morbidelli, still ahead of Franco.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Tomorrow's race looks interesting. Vinales has the pace and a few others. Not sure exactly what the hell Marquez and Rossi were doing during Q2. Someone needs to sit these two down and ask them when they are both going to grow up. It's getting old watching these two dick with each other on track. Enough is enough already.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"