the sound of the rounds was to me as well bk until I found a video of guy shooting an ar with a bump stock in a canyon shooting into water.

https://youtu.be/pqxoiAjSrAU

watch skip about three quarters of the way through it.

as for background checks? a background check only captures what has already happened. time and time again we hear how there was no criminal background. here we have the same thing. another guy with no criminal background. not even any coverage about mental illnesses. how could a background stop this?

bk I was thinking he used a bump stock from the get go. the sounds of the shots was never consistent. full auto doesn't change in rate of fire. you can hear the rounds slow down.

now my question to anyone who thinks this could have been prevented is simple. how do you stop a man who's willing to spend more than ten thousand dollars just to kill thousands of people. if not guns it would have been bombs. seriously think about that for a second and take into account how involved this plan was. he had at least ten thousand dollars in just fire arms. he spent a week in this hotel room preparing. even shipped his wife out of the country before he attacked. video surveillance on the hall so he could see law enforcement coming.

it's a tragic thing but honestly the only way to save us from these things is to stop leaving our houses. the world is not a safe place. we do not live in some Utopia.

freedom does not come with sacrifices and those sacrifices don't just come on battlefields. let's stop pretending the world is rainbows and sunshine.