Thread: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    If you look at that aerial view, Lorenzo could have avoided that by a mile and even a bit wide he could have kept Dovi at bay, ran a bit wider line into the stand up part and every rider would have gone on with their race but that was an excessively violent move by Lorenzo to just move that far over and that quickly, he knew someone was lurking back there plus like you said, they left that door wide open, what is he supposed to do, not go for it? If the race line is open well you go for it lol
    The thing is Lorenzo has some blame in that he did try to get back on the racing line very fast. I think he did it to stop Dovi from getting back in front of him as this is a corner that has a bit of run off and allows for the rider to maintain some speed. I'm sure he was aware of Pedrosa behind them, just how far back Pedrosa was is something he couldn't calculate. I don't think he expected Pedrosa to be there.

And with that said, I still maintain the incident wouldn't have happened without Dovi involved.

It's a good 90/10 here. 90% Dovi and 10% Lorenzo. Still no way Pedrosa should take any blame. Only way he can say he could have avoided the accident, is to not get out of bed and go racing that day.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The thing is Lorenzo has some blame in that he did try to get back on the racing line very fast. I think he did it to stop Dovi from getting back in front of him as this is a corner that has a bit of run off and allows for the rider to maintain some speed. I'm sure he was aware of Pedrosa behind them, just how far back Pedrosa was is something he couldn't calculate. I don't think he expected Pedrosa to be there.

And with that said, I still maintain the incident wouldn't have happened without Dovi involved.

It's a good 90/10 here. 90% Dovi and 10% Lorenzo. Still no way Pedrosa should take any blame. Only way he can say he could have avoided the accident, is to not get out of bed and go racing that day.
    I'm not sure how this is Dovi's fault? He went for a pass, went in too hot, Lorenzo also went in too hot and not as wide and then ran straight to the apex where Pedrosa was. Lorenzo could have hit his normal brake marker and made the corner allowing Dovi to blow the corner and both Lorenzo and Pedrosa would have been by Dovi with no problems. Riders go in too hot plenty of times to pass another rider and don't mess up the rider being passed. It happens MANY times during a race. Hell, I've done it a few times trying to get by someone and it didn't make them go off line. So how is it the passing rider's fault that guy being passed went wide? Did he select mapping 8 for him going into the corner?

I've watched the replay a few times and didn't see how it was Dovi's fault at all. Even though I can't stand Lorenzo, if the rolls were reversed, and Dovi was being passed and Lorenzo the passer, it wouldn't have been Lorenzo's (the passer) fault for the accident.
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Tue May 8th, 2018 at 07:56 AM.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I'm not sure how this is Dovi's fault? He went for a pass, went in too hot, Lorenzo also went in too hot and not as wide and then ran straight to the apex where Pedrosa was. Lorenzo could have hit his normal brake marker and made the corner allowing Dovi to blow the corner and both Lorenzo and Pedrosa would have been by Dovi with no problems. Riders go in too hot plenty of times to pass another rider and don't mess up the rider being passed. It happens MANY times during a race. Hell, I've done it a few times trying to get by someone and it didn't make them go off line. So how is it the passing rider's fault that guy being passed went wide? Did he select mapping 8 for him going into the corner?

I've watched the replay a few times and didn't see how it was Dovi's fault at all. Even though I can't stand Lorenzo, if the rolls were reversed, and Dovi was being passed and Lorenzo the passer, it wouldn't have been Lorenzo's (the passer) fault for the accident.
    It's Dovi's fault from a pure standpoint of who caused the whole incident or event. The difference for Lorenzo, is that I think he was pulled off his line because Dovi passed him. If I'm not mistaken, it was mentioned during the race that at times a rider that gets passed by a dive bomb move can at times be pulled out as well.

I agree, Lorenzo could have taken a better line through the corner, and I think he did tighten up his line rather fast but I maintain that was because he wanted to block Dovi from getting back. I don't think he factored in Pedrosa being as close as he was. That being said, we don't know what each rider was thinking at that given moment when it call went down.

Now whether you want to recognize it or not, the catalyst for the crash was Dovi. He's the one that caused the chaos. If he had chosen not to make the dive bomb pass, then all three of them would have made it through the corner, business as usual. If Dovi would have waited for a better chance to pass Lorenzo, I think he would have gotten by cleanly. He still cleanly passed Lorenzo regardless of the crash that he caused. But it was the fact that he chose to dive bomb pass Lorenzo, which then upset Lorenzo's rhythm through the corner. Not knowing what was going through Lorenzo's mind, the facts are he decided to get back on line as quick as possible, and in result slammed right into a fully leaned over Pedrosa, who had no clue where the other two were at(given his lean angle).

So again, like it or not. Dovi was 100% the cause of the incident. And not only did he cause it, he then went on to blame the two other riders behind for his mistake. That's not ownership or accountability, that's pointing the finger and being mad because he completely blew it and got slapped upside the head as a result.

Am I saying Dovi is in the wrong for trying to make the move?? No, he's a racer and paid to earn places or wins. They're supposed to go out on track and take risks.

What I am getting at is the accountability and ownership factor from someone who's blaming others for his bad decisions. It's from a pure principle of the incident factor is where I'm coming from. Basically, getting to the bottom of who caused what and why?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."