Thread: looking for a bike...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: looking for a bike...

you dont "need" all the stuff. but just like racing. things happen. so having protection helps. as well as the sprocket, you dont "need" it. it just makes things easier.

like my bike for instance, stock sprocket i have to clutch it at like 12k to get it at balance point fast. where as, my +8 sprocket i only have to clutch at 6k. and also with stock sprocket its harder to keep it at idle when in a wheelie.

so, just as racers wear protective gear "in the event of a crash". stunt riders have protective cages "in the event of a crash". and as racers change gearing to get more power lowend or highend. stunt riders do it to get more lowend power. you dont "need" these things. it just makes it easier and more consistent.
    _04 ZX636R Stunt Edition <-video__ Silverado Z71______

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    you dont "need" all the stuff. but just like racing. things happen. so having protection helps. as well as the sprocket, you dont "need" it. it just makes things easier.

like my bike for instance, stock sprocket i have to clutch it at like 12k to get it at balance point fast. where as, my +8 sprocket i only have to clutch at 6k. and also with stock sprocket its harder to keep it at idle when in a wheelie.

so, just as racers wear protective gear "in the event of a crash". stunt riders have protective cages "in the event of a crash". and as racers change gearing to get more power lowend or highend. stunt riders do it to get more lowend power. you dont "need" these things. it just makes it easier and more consistent.
    Ok, this is what I assumed. Man would it have made doing wheelies so much easier for me if I didn't have to drop my clutch at such high RPM's because that is the part I hated: I once hit it too hard and almost flipped the bike and jumped on the tank and my windshield went through my helmet visor when it was open and nearly broke my nose.

I guess this is really only possible if you have one bike dedicated to stunting to do this too. Mine have always been bikes I rode on the street then did tricks on the side (I use tricks loosely as I only learned wheelies, stoppies, and well burnouts). I would sure love to get back into stunting by having a dedicated bike with these mods to see how much better I could progress.

You know what would be cool is to offer a safe place that you could rent these "proper" stunt bikes to play around on (liability waiver of course). Guess it may not be too cost effective if people thrashed the bike though, but would be something I would pay to do.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Feb 2nd, 2011 at 01:41 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Ok, this is what I assumed. Man would it have made doing wheelies so much easier for me if I didn't have to drop my clutch at such high RPM's because that is the part I hated: I once hit it too hard and almost flipped the bike and jumped on the tank and my windshield went through my helmet visor when it was open and nearly broke my nose.

I guess this is really only possible if you have one bike dedicated to stunting to do this too. Mine have always been bikes I rode on the street then did tricks on the side (I use tricks loosely as I only learned wheelies, stoppies, and well burnouts). I would sure love to get back into stunting by having a dedicated bike with these mods to see how much better I could progress.

You know what would be cool is to offer a safe place that you could rent these "proper" stunt bikes to play around on (liability waiver of course). Guess it may not be too cost effective if people thrashed the bike though, but would be something I would pay to do.
    Safe spot stunt spot! No one better not steal my name, i will sue you!
    Mrs.Wondo