Thread: 21' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 21' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    What's even crazier is that Marquez may not make his return this year. Honda is holding out on what actually is happening. If I had to bet on it, I'd say he will return this year but won't be 100% Which in turn will cause him to ride way too hard and end up making things worse. I read somewhere awhile back, that someone saw a pic of his arm and it is severely atrophied. How true that is, it's hearsay at this point.

I'm sure 2021 will be about like 2020, with just more races. Actually looking forward to the new season to be honest. With as strange as things are going these days, would be nice to just sit back and watch some racing. I'm thinking I might even buy the subscription this season just for the hell of it.
    Looks like you may be right, Marquez is set to miss the testing sessions so his season is still in jeopardy. Even if he does come back, his days of dominance are over. He's much older now and it'll take a while to come back to form and that's if he even goes back to 100% after like 3-4 surgeries for the same problem and that's hoping he doesn't fall and get injured again which doctors say it may be career ending if he goes through the same injury again.

About the subscription, it went up about $30 from last season and they don't even offer an installment option anymore, also their streaming quality is not that good honestly, at that type of price it should be above 1080p at this point. They're going to lose out on a lot of viewers and I may only renew the WSBK subscription instead cause Gerloff is going to kill it this year. That strong finish to the season and the brief MotoGP ride he got in Valencia showed his potential and then some. I foresee him stepping into MotoGP before long. Going to have to see if I can stream the race elsewhere cause there's no way in hell I'm paying $175 for the season and nothing else improves and some races have fallen off the calendar as we move closer to the start of the season, that pass should be way cheaper.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Looks like you may be right, Marquez is set to miss the testing sessions so his season is still in jeopardy. Even if he does come back, his days of dominance are over. He's much older now and it'll take a while to come back to form and that's if he even goes back to 100% after like 3-4 surgeries for the same problem and that's hoping he doesn't fall and get injured again which doctors say it may be career ending if he goes through the same injury again.

About the subscription, it went up about $30 from last season and they don't even offer an installment option anymore, also their streaming quality is not that good honestly, at that type of price it should be above 1080p at this point. They're going to lose out on a lot of viewers and I may only renew the WSBK subscription instead cause Gerloff is going to kill it this year. That strong finish to the season and the brief MotoGP ride he got in Valencia showed his potential and then some. I foresee him stepping into MotoGP before long. Going to have to see if I can stream the race elsewhere cause there's no way in hell I'm paying $175 for the season and nothing else improves and some races have fallen off the calendar as we move closer to the start of the season, that pass should be way cheaper.
    I have not looked up their prices yet. Last time I had the subscription, I paid $99 as I'm sure that was a special renewal price for being a member for awhile. But I always did just get the basic subscription, no extra tier package.

From what I gather, MotoGP may be getting shown on xfinity cable. Last year, I was able to see a few races on tv, I think it was NBCSports, same channel that runs Formula 1. If that's the case and they do pick up MotoGP again for the new year, I won't buy the MotoGP subscription. I'll just catch it on normal tv, just later on in the day(or even a day late).

I've thought about the WSBK subscription now for a few years. I'm a Rea fan, and I think they seem to have some good competition over there. Would like to see someone riders challenge Rea's dominance. Bautista seemed to have been the would be successor but then he flew apart like a cheap watch in the second half of his first breakout season. Then Scott Redding seemed to have something for Rea as well. Although, I must admit that I don't care for Redding at all. I think he's a bit of a tool but he is fast and seems to have found a second calling in WSBK. I always had high hopes for Van Der Mark and Lowes, but they have turned out not so well(especially Lowes, he's a turd at times). Sykes is old news, and the one guy to watch for is that Razgatlioglu as he seems to make his Ducati go well.

All I know is I'm ready for some racing. Even looking forward to Formula 1 as well. It will be a Hamilton show for sure, but at least some other drivers have moved around and see what happens with them.

My take on Hamilton is that I really think he's overrated. He's not that good and honestly the fact that George Russell jumped into his car as a substitute driver(when Hamilton had Covid) and almost won the race, just goes to show how far ahead of the competition Mercedes are. It's all car and zero driver there. Even Bottas(who was good with Williams) seems to stomp on everyone who isn't named Hamilton or driving a Mercedes. Which is why I think Hamilton will continue to remain with Mercedes until he retires. He's such a SJW douche bag, and he's bound and determined to have all the F1 records for himself. When in reality, if he wasn't driving for Mercedes and in another team, I honestly think he's a midpack driver at best(look at his career from 2007 to 2013, sure he was gifted the title in 2008, which was stolen from Felipe Massa but the rest of the seasons he was 4th or 5th).

Hamilton may have equaled Shumacher in titles, and he may go on to break all the other records, but in my opinion he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Shumacher. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned with Senna, Shumacher, Hakkinen, Prost, Lauda and so on.

The thing with Hamilton, he is for the most part a decent and nice guy. But he's taken this racial s**t to the enth degree, it just really turns my stomach to look at him anymore. I watch Formula 1 for the racing, not to see BLM propaganda.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I have not looked up their prices yet. Last time I had the subscription, I paid $99 as I'm sure that was a special renewal price for being a member for awhile. But I always did just get the basic subscription, no extra tier package.

From what I gather, MotoGP may be getting shown on xfinity cable. Last year, I was able to see a few races on tv, I think it was NBCSports, same channel that runs Formula 1. If that's the case and they do pick up MotoGP again for the new year, I won't buy the MotoGP subscription. I'll just catch it on normal tv, just later on in the day(or even a day late).

I've thought about the WSBK subscription now for a few years. I'm a Rea fan, and I think they seem to have some good competition over there. Would like to see someone riders challenge Rea's dominance. Bautista seemed to have been the would be successor but then he flew apart like a cheap watch in the second half of his first breakout season. Then Scott Redding seemed to have something for Rea as well. Although, I must admit that I don't care for Redding at all. I think he's a bit of a tool but he is fast and seems to have found a second calling in WSBK. I always had high hopes for Van Der Mark and Lowes, but they have turned out not so well(especially Lowes, he's a turd at times). Sykes is old news, and the one guy to watch for is that Razgatlioglu as he seems to make his Ducati go well.

All I know is I'm ready for some racing. Even looking forward to Formula 1 as well. It will be a Hamilton show for sure, but at least some other drivers have moved around and see what happens with them.

My take on Hamilton is that I really think he's overrated. He's not that good and honestly the fact that George Russell jumped into his car as a substitute driver(when Hamilton had Covid) and almost won the race, just goes to show how far ahead of the competition Mercedes are. It's all car and zero driver there. Even Bottas(who was good with Williams) seems to stomp on everyone who isn't named Hamilton or driving a Mercedes. Which is why I think Hamilton will continue to remain with Mercedes until he retires. He's such a SJW douche bag, and he's bound and determined to have all the F1 records for himself. When in reality, if he wasn't driving for Mercedes and in another team, I honestly think he's a midpack driver at best(look at his career from 2007 to 2013, sure he was gifted the title in 2008, which was stolen from Felipe Massa but the rest of the seasons he was 4th or 5th).

Hamilton may have equaled Shumacher in titles, and he may go on to break all the other records, but in my opinion he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Shumacher. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned with Senna, Shumacher, Hakkinen, Prost, Lauda and so on.

The thing with Hamilton, he is for the most part a decent and nice guy. But he's taken this racial s**t to the enth degree, it just really turns my stomach to look at him anymore. I watch Formula 1 for the racing, not to see BLM propaganda.

Yeah NBCSN would replay the race later in the day and a few days later again but only GP, not Moto2/3 and would love to see more Moto2 cause of Cameron and Roberts being on the grid. Not sure if them or who will be taking over replaying those this season, haven't heard of anything or any type of confirmation. I think FS will continue to cover MotoAmerica which that is also another paddock that is stacked this year. Loriz Baz will be riding with Warhorse HSBK Ducati and also Herrin is back with the factory Yamaha team and now with Cameron being gone, the racing will be much closer and competitive. If Bobby Fong can remain healthy, he can also be a contender with the M4 Ecstar Suzuki bike. We'll see how Redding does with the new teammate michael rinaldi taking over for Davies and Davies taking his seat in the satellite team Go Eleven for 2021. Rinaldi showed some serious potential and even won a race in the satellite bike and literally embarrassed the rest of the field. For me Rea is about up to par with Hamilton honestly, they both reaped the rewards of the manufacturer gaps and they haven't been tested to truly show their champion status. If it wouldn't have been for Bautista autodestructing that first year with Ducati, he would have literally moped the floor with Rea and Kawasaki. Yamaha made great strides and definitely have come much closer and Toprak is definitely the dude to watch there, he's used to riding way out of shape sort of in a Marquez sort of way and with how forgiving the Yamaha is, he can push that much further, however the usual problem with Yamaha is the lack of top speed and power.

I stopped watching F1 many years ago, it's become a one man show and just excessively boring racing honestly. Hamilton again reaping the rewards of other teams being underdeveloped/underfunded. Yeah, will agree that Hamilton doesn't deserve to be among the great names honestly
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold