Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stolen Sv650S

Re: Stolen Sv650S

Holy shit! Glad to hear you got it back man! My GSXR went walking in the middle of July, and I have recieved a whopping 1 (thats right ONE) fucking phone call from the police department and was given a detectives number, left mulitple messages with him, and no answer. Its a chritsmas miracle that you got yours back!! Happy for you! Be sure to get full coverage and lo jack or at the minimum an alarm installed on it now! Good news today!
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...

Thank you every one it is safe and sound in a garage in the mountains for the time being. They messed up all the locks and some wiring and had some minor scratches here and there. It sucks alot but all in all I am counting my blessings and consider myself very lucky. I will upload some pics of the damage tomorrow, tonight I am having some celebratory beers!!

Did you buy theft/vandalism insurance yet?

Quote Originally Posted by hrvstofsrrw View Post
    They found it and arrested the driver! Pressing every damn charge I can!

Who was the arresting department?

Dude you scored big time!
    Canyon Rippers Unite!

2015 Aprilia Tuono V4R

Yeah it has full coverage now, the bike was reported stolen in lakewood but recovered in denver by dpd

Glad you got your bike back, I have five words for you...

Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit U-Loc
    Canyon Rippers Unite!

2015 Aprilia Tuono V4R

Good stuff man! I've got an sv650s as well and ill be watching my shit as well! I park in a parking garage as well. We park it in a paid underground lot as well.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Glad you got your bike back. There is a post from June 10th that you had a 2001 Ex250 stolen and recovered. Whazzup?

Yeah had my last bike stolen as well back in 06, its the last time I will have my bike in anything other than a personal garage with full coverage. Pain in the ass but I guess the lakewood area has its fair share of bad parts.

Quote Originally Posted by ezrider View Post
    Glad you got your bike back, I have five words for you...

Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit U-Loc

I am gonna go with the almax sexcurity chains out of london, expensive but I have a friend that has one and the thing is a damn behemoth

+1
    Almax series III or IV. Will you post the total cost of what you get? Also the weight. I was looking on their web site and I'd like to get the chain and lock but I'm not sure if I want to carry the chain and lock around when I'm out riding. Also these things are not cheap!! Thanks, Dan

I am waiting to hear back from them on a shipping quote but their series 4 in a 2.5 m length with the squire lock is about 360 before you even look at shipping. If you opt for the shortest chain it saves ya about 100

Thanks. Let me know about the shipping and weight.

Quote Originally Posted by hrvstofsrrw View Post
    I am gonna go with the almax sexcurity chains out of london, expensive but I have a friend that has one and the thing is a damn behemoth
    Sounds good. You could give this one a look on amazon for 106 including shipping.
    Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Chain with Disc Lock - 3 Ft. 3 In http://amzn.to/VGga23

I read an article by a "x-professional" motorcycle thief who said that the Fahgettaboudit setup is hard to beat. He actually recommend using three locks: the steering lock, a rotor lock PLUS the Fahgettaboudit lock with chain. AND a locking cover. This is the method I use if I park on the street in front of my apartment overnight. I also use the three lock method when my bike is in the storage unit. In a pinch he recommended taking the clutch lever off the bike. That's only a one time deal because if a thief is casing you he'll come back with a clutch lever. (personally I'd like to kick his ass even if he is an "x")

Hope this helps you keep your bike.
    Canyon Rippers Unite!

2015 Aprilia Tuono V4R