Thread: Hey Clovis, I'm selling my Ducati

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Re: Hey Clovis, I'm selling my Ducati

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    If you go here: http://www.fim-live.com/en/library/ and put in keyword paint it will take you to http://www.fim-live.com/en/library/d...07/no_cache/1/ which has the list of currently approved paints and test results of the new one they approved.
    I'm not familiar with the SRT units, but with 77 being dry asphalt, that paint's value is 74, which strikes me a pretty good. I'd like to see numbers on the stuff that is used on the street. This stuff may not have the right properties for the street (e.g. durability), but it seems to me that if street appilcations not being researched, it would be worthwhile to do so.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Re: Hey Clovis, I'm selling my Ducati

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    I'm not familiar with the SRT units, but with 77 being dry asphalt, that paint's value is 74, which strikes me a pretty good. I'd like to see numbers on the stuff that is used on the street. This stuff may not have the right properties for the street (e.g. durability), but it seems to me that if street appilcations not being researched, it would be worthwhile to do so.
    The one they tested in that document is meant to be removed with a power washer as well. I imagine you can find the test results for the other approved paints. I expect you could find a happy medium somewhere that might not be FIM approved, but would be better than what's currently used.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760