Thread: Cops don't like wheelies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cops don't like wheelies

I pulled an illegal left turn. Got it pled down to improper equipment.

Also, as much as it sucks, the average person has no idea what a wheelie entails and how safe they may be at times. Her calling it in doesn't mean her life is empty. I've called guys in for tearing down the west side of Eisenhower cutting cars off on an icy road. It's called being a responsible citizen.

Be glad your not in Florida. A couple of years ago they passed a new law specifically for wheelies. $1000 first offense (+points), $2500 second, and third is a Felony offense, probably going to jail and you'll have a felony charge on your record.

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Quote Originally Posted by brennahm View Post
    Also, as much as it sucks, the average person has no idea what a wheelie entails and how safe they may be at times. Her calling it in doesn't mean her life is empty. I've called guys in for tearing down the west side of Eisenhower cutting cars off on an icy road. It's called being a responsible citizen.
    Oh, so you're the guy in the left lane doing 25mph under the speed limit because you "THINK" the road is icy, or because you believe what every sign on the road tells you... like "caution... 25mph turn ahead". I understand the argument of being a responsible citizen, but me tearing past you anywhere because you won't move the fuck out of the way, is ME DRIVING RESPONSIBLY. I don't want to be near people like you who drive like complete morons, so over cautiously... so I speed my ass past you to GET AWAY FROM YOU. Unfortunately, you make it difficult for people. I know the control of my vehicle in every condition, better than you do. Stop making the rest of us drive like you do... Move over, get the fuck out of the way, and maybe people won't cut you off.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by brennahm View Post
    I pulled an illegal left turn. Got it pled down to improper equipment.

It's called being a responsible citizen.
    I suppose that's one word for it...not the first one that jumps to mind...

Honestly, it's not being responsible, it's being scared, and tattling to the authorities because you don't think anyone should be driving other than however you're driving.

Clearly you made an illegal left, so you're not perfect either, do you need people following you around calling in all your mistakes and lapses in judgment (as perceived by them)?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson