Thread: The Deckers Route~Experienced Riders Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Deckers Route~Experienced Riders Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by G35CO View Post
    I don't consider myself experience rider but from the years I rode so far I notice another element of risk – some days you are not mentally capable of riding. Every once in a blue moon i go for a ride and I notice that I make stupid mistakes that I will never do normally. Instead of fighting it and forcing myself to bad situations I take it easy, make a coffee stop to reboot my brain or just go home.
    Yeah, and this is especially problematic in group rides where people feel like they must keep up with the group and they must ride the full ride or else everyone will undoubtedly point and laugh and bitch about you behind your back--the truth is, if you're not feeling up to riding, don't ride.

Even if it means you have to lag in the back and/or just take off and head for home--do it. Everyone would rather you ride safely, at your pace, and if that's not enough, then just go home. It's not worth pushing yourself if you're not "fit" for the day...there'll be other days...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: The Deckers Route~Experienced Riders Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yeah, and this is especially problematic in group rides where people feel like they must keep up with the group and they must ride the full ride or else everyone will undoubtedly point and laugh and bitch about you behind your back--the truth is, if you're not feeling up to riding, don't ride.

Even if it means you have to lag in the back and/or just take off and head for home--do it. Everyone would rather you ride safely, at your pace, and if that's not enough, then just go home. It's not worth pushing yourself if you're not "fit" for the day...there'll be other days...
    Exactly why that is the first and foremost thing that should be impressed upon a n00b.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)