Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stirring the Pot... Happy 4/20

Re: Stirring the Pot... Happy 4/20

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Know your facts I'd love to see your genious big brain disprove this!

Marijuana (from the Mexican Spanish marihuana) also known as cannabis, is much more powerful today than it was 30 years ago. Marijuana is the herbal form of cannabis, and comprises the flowers, leaves and stalks of the mature female plant while hashish is the resinous, concentrated form of cannabis. Chemically, the major psychoactive compound in marijuana is Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC); it is one of 400 compounds in the plant The smoke also contains more than 150 other types of these cannabinoids such as cannabidiol (CBD), cannabinol (CBN), and tetrhydrocannabivarin (THCV), which can produce sensory effects unlike the psychoactive effects of THC. The pharmacology of marijuana is complex. The cannabinoids are vaporized (smoke) and then deeply inhaled. They are fatty compounds which rapidly cross from the lungs into the blood and tend to accumulate in specific regions of brain.

The immediate (acute) effects of marijuana include changes in time-sense, a loss of recent memory and impairment in attention.*There is also a general difficulty expressing simple thoughts in words. Other effects include impaired motor skills, increase in hunger, nausea, dizziness, and *- depending on the personality of the person and the context in which it is taken – altered moods such as euphoria, a state of relaxation, panic, anxiety, tension, anger, confusion and – especially when eaten –*an unpleasant sensation called depersonalization.

The*effects on your body are not good either

Marijuana smoke contains more than 150 compounds*many of which*are cancer–causing so the respiratory system including the lungs suffer the most. Common symptoms include air obstruction, chronic cough, bronchitis, decreased tolerance to exercise and cancer. An increase in heart rate can aggravate existing cardiac conditions or high blood pressure (hypertension) – so don’t take this drug if you have a weak heart.

Marijuana decreases blood testosterone levels, sperm count and motility. It also decreases sex-drive (libido) and impairs fertility as well as disrupting the female reproductive system which can impact pregnancy in adverse ways. The effect of the drug on the immune system is still unclear but recent studies in animals demonstrate that it impairs T helper cells – key cells in the immune system – which may increase the risk of cancer (by disrupting the cancer surveillance system).
    Since he didn't debate this I will

Not sure where you found these facts, but seem

Marijuana is the herbal form of cannabis, and comprises the flowers, leaves and stalks of the mature female plant -Flowers are from the male plant which is NOT smoked! Buds are what they actually mean. Next, unless you are a poor hippy you do not smoke tHje leaves or stalks.

The cannabinoids are vaporized (smoke) and then deeply inhaled - smoking and vaporizing are a different process! One actually burns the entire product and one only heats the product to extract the THC!

Common symptoms include air obstruction, chronic cough, bronchitis, decreased tolerance to exercise and cancer. - Again, all effects of smoke and their are other options to avoid this! These side effects are true for anything smoked and put into the lungs.

Marijuana smoke contains more than 150 compounds*many of which*are cancer–causing so the respiratory system including the lungs suffer the most. Many of the cancer causing toxins occur when you smoke the product. Vaporizing, liquid drops, edibles, drinks, etc have all found ways to get the THC without the smoke toxins.

decreased tolerance to exercise and weak heart.- Many pro athletes have been caught for Marijuana - Here are just a few...
    Ricky Williams, Josh Howard, Randy Moss, Michael Phelps, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Nick Diaz, Carmelo Anthony, Allen Iverson, LeBron James, Ferguson Jenkins, Joe Pepitone , Usain Bolt .....list goes on and on... http://suburra.com/blog/2009/11/30/w...ote-marijuana/
    http://newsone.com/98611/top-5-weedhead-athletes/

anxiety - This is actually one of the things it is prescribed by doctors to treat! Been proven over and over to work.

Marijuana decreases blood testosterone levels - This has never been proved and even so no more than alcohol
    Government experts concede that pot has no permanent effect on the male or female reproductive systems.1 A few studies have suggested that heavy marijuana use may have a reversible, suppressive effect on male testicular function.2 A recent study by Dr. Robert Block has refuted earlier research suggesting that pot lowers testosterone or other sex hormones in men or women.3 In contrast, heavy alcohol drinking is known to lower testosterone levels and cause impotence. A couple of lab studies indicated that very heavy marijuana smoking might lower sperm counts. However, surveys of chronic smokers have turned up no indication of infertility or other abnormalities.

It also decreases sex-drive (libido) - Studies on this too, but bottom line is ask anyone that smokes pot regularly and they will laugh at this. or better yet ask their wives/gf who gets bugged for sex daily!

OK, I AM TIRED OF ANSWERING. THIS LINK HAS SOME INFORMATION AND ALL ARE BACKED UP WITH REFERENCES. http://norml.org/library/health-repo...h-mythology#16

P.S. As for curing cancer I highly doubt that and causes a good laugh!

And lastly to discredit Grim and show he is not a reliable witness!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    So you both are coming over to watch the UFC tonight, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    I didn't even know you were hosting again.
    Lies I PM'd him about this on Friday and my "sent" box has proof! And showing how much he was active on this thread shows he was online!
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Apr 23rd, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleev View Post
    what is that in the background? Enya? I think I just had my period
    +1 Internets

Well played.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Since he didn't debate this I will

Not sure where you found these facts, but seem

Marijuana is the herbal form of cannabis, and comprises the flowers, leaves and stalks of the mature female plant -Flowers are from the male plant which is NOT smoked! Buds are what they actually mean. Next, unless you are a poor hippy you do not smoke tHje leaves or stalks.

anxiety - This is actually one of the things it is prescribed by doctors to treat! Been proven over and over to work.
    The buds are also referred to as flowers, ask any grower. And it can cause anxiety, I'll attest to that, and I've seen it enough in others as well.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    The buds are also referred to as flowers, ask any grower. And it can cause anxiety, I'll attest to that, and I've seen it enough in others as well.
    Technically I guess this is true, but I've personally seen giant white pedaled flowers on male plants! Do we go buy our girls "flowers" that are not those pretty colorful leaf things? Only male Marijuana plants produce the pretty petals (aka flowers)!

Yes, but as YOU stated, drugs like Tylenol can also cause these things, but is not the norm. Hell I know people that get severe anxiety from one cup of coffee! Just saying they use it to treat anxiety as well! Also that anxiety usually only occurs when your body is first getting use to it and not the daily user as it is prescribed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    And it can cause anxiety, I'll attest to that, and I've seen it enough in others as well.
    It goes both ways... Nothing better than watching a rookie take a massive bong rip

Nate, Canabinoids are way more complex than smoke that has been vaporized. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    It goes both ways... Nothing better than watching a rookie take a massive bong rip

Nate, Canabinoids are way more complex than smoke that has been vaporized. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid
    I understand that THC isn't the only thing that gives the high feeling, but from what I have read only like two cannabinoids really even get noted as giving a "high" effect; Tetrahydrocannabinol and recently Cannabidiol.

Actually here is something about this thread on Cannabidiol! Medically, it has been shown to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea, as well as inhibit cancer cell growth. Maybe there is more to the cancer thing that we thought!

Gold Member

Using alcohol to compare weed to is lame. Also played out. I havent seen anyone ever say that weed is more dangerous to anything. I hate that argument. Also dont give the legal debate. Last i seen there ate more pot stores then liquor stores. As far as the card? Get out of here. Its a joke.

I understand that THC isn't the only thing that gives the high feeling, but from what I have read only like two cannabinoids really even get noted as giving a "high" effect; Tetrahydrocannabinol and recently Cannabidiol.

Actually here is something about this thread on Cannabidiol! Medically, it has been shown to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea, as well as inhibit cancer cell growth. Maybe there is more to the cancer thing that we thought!
    When they use it in the oils it has no intoxicating or "high" effects. It is VERY strong with some cancers and they are saying its uses are endless.

Im usually not a big alternative medicine kinda guy (for say) but this is being used in the mainstream now and its effects on some people are life changing.

Maybe there is more to the cancer thing that we thought!
    That is why MBH originally posted the videos (or at least it was the direction he was going)... Everyone just spun it into a "weed" conversation and went off the deep end with it.

Weed doesnt cure but it allows people to live that are terminal or "un-fixable". It is making HUGE differences in people with autism and they expect a lot of discoveries in the coming future.

When they use it in the oils it has no intoxicating or "high" effects. It is VERY strong with some cancers and they are saying its uses are endless.

Im usually not a big alternative medicine kinda guy (for say) but this is being used in the mainstream now and its effects on some people are life changing.
    Oh yeah for sure it is! I’ve seen it personally change people’s lives for the better! Anyone saying Marijuana does not have great medical benefits is just ignorant!

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Using alcohol to compare weed to is lame. Also played out. I havent seen anyone ever say that weed is more dangerous to anything. I hate that argument. Also dont give the legal debate. Last i seen there ate more pot stores then liquor stores. As far as the card? Get out of here. Its a joke.
    Why is the comparison lame? It is a valid comparison seeing as one is legal and proven more dangerous than the illegal counterpart! Goes to show that just because something is legal does not make it safe; just the government’s policy on how they classify it. Not to mention alcohol really has no medical benefits when Marijuana does! Also I highly doubt there are more “pot stores” than liquor stores in our state (if that is what you meant since you wrote “ate” ). Last the card is a joke? Really? You do understand Marijuana does help many people with pain and is safer and less addicting than pain killers? Yes the card may be given out too easily, but there are many legit cases where people use it for things other than to get high!

That is why MBH originally posted the videos (or at least it was the direction he was going)... Everyone just spun it into a "weed" conversation and went off the deep end with it.

Weed doesnt cure but it allows people to live that are terminal or "un-fixable". It is making HUGE differences in people with autism and they expect a lot of discoveries in the coming future.
    True! Hey studies HAVE shown it inhibits cancer cell growth, so maybe MBH video wasn't that far off! (just think he debated this wrong with his responses)

Gold Member

Oh yeah for sure it is! I’ve seen it personally change people’s lives for the better! Anyone saying Marijuana does not have great medical benefits is just ignorant!

Why is the comparison lame? It is a valid comparison seeing as one is legal and proven more dangerous than the illegal counterpart! Goes to show that just because something is legal does not make it safe; just the government’s policy on how they classify it. Not to mention alcohol really has no medical benefits when Marijuana does! Also I highly doubt there are more “pot stores” than liquor stores in our state (if that is what you meant since you wrote “ate” ). Last the card is a joke? Really? You do understand Marijuana does help many people with pain and is safer and less addicting than pain killers? Yes the card may be given out too easily, but there are many legit cases where people use it for things other than to get high!
    Actually alcohol has a ton of useful benefits. Alcohol is only dangerous in the wrong hands. Thousands of people use it everyday without hurting themselves or others. Also if you want to compare the two lets do it. Lets go pound for pound. What has the higher potency? What gets you fucked up faster? Maybe if i shot up alcohol like meth it would be about the same.

Look man this isnt a debate as to what is beteer for you alcohol or pot. Both can be abused and when its done can affect the lives of the person abusing it. Dont tell me weed doesnt affect people in a negative manor. I have seen it with my own eyes.

My comment on the card is also referring to how it makes it no longer illegal. I mean i dont even smoke pot and i seem to understand it more then people who do. I would say a good 60% of people that have a card do it just to get high. I like to get high they every now and then for fun. Its fun. At least i dont hide behind some idea that im supporting some super plant that will one day save the world while i get high.

Before people go off and call me a druggie i enjoy my spare time. I have no family and could really care less about the views of people who dont enjoy life in the same matter that i do.

Actually alcohol has a ton of useful benefits. Alcohol is only dangerous in the wrong hands. Thousands of people use it everyday without hurting themselves or others. Also if you want to compare the two lets do it. Lets go pound for pound. What has the higher potency? What gets you fucked up faster? Maybe if i shot up alcohol like meth it would be about the same.

Look man this isnt a debate as to what is beteer for you alcohol or pot. Both can be abused and when its done can affect the lives of the person abusing it. Dont tell me weed doesnt affect people in a negative manor. I have seen it with my own eyes.

My comment on the card is also referring to how it makes it no longer illegal. I mean i dont even smoke pot and i seem to understand it more then people who do. I would say a good 60% of people that have a card do it just to get high. I like to get high they every now and then for fun. Its fun. At least i dont hide behind some idea that im supporting some super plant that will one day save the world while i get high.

Before people go off and call me a druggie i enjoy my spare time. I have no family and could really care less about the views of people who dont enjoy life in the same matter that i do.
    I have never heard of a person being prescribed alcohol for a illness like it is with Marijuana. Prove me wrong and show me the facts of where you see this done on regular basis; if it is true would be way easier than Marijuana since it is legal. I bet all you find is how one glass of wine is good for the heart. As I have said before my GF is a nurse in the ICU department and they get daily cases with alcoholics, but never one for Marijuana (minus maybe a car crash, but people should not be on it while driving either). She even claims the withdrawals she sees are worse than people coming off of heroin or meth. As with other threads there have been plenty of people that have posted how they know someone who takes Marijuana medically and it works. My buddy has Ankylosing spondylitis and was on pain pills for years. He was basically a zombie on them and could barely have a conversation. He got on Medical Marijuana and it helped his pain better and he was not a zombie anymore.

I am down to go pound for pound to compare the two, but you will lose! Go visit any ER or ICU or pull up the deaths per year and compare them! Have you ever heard of someone needing a transplant for Marijuana? Yet there are thousands dying each year fromCirrhosis, but I have never heard of a transplant needed for Marijuana. Bring the facts though if you want to compare!

Higher potency? Serious man? One can kill you if taken enough of it, but Marijuana has NEVER had a overdose! That is enough right there! Does your body try to reject and purge (throw up) if you take in too much Marijuana; no! But almost all of us that have drank have thrown up and been sick the next day.

Messed up faster? Probably equal there depending on how fast you can drink! Don’t forget you can get Everclear (190 proof) and take a few swigs of that and be drunk in minutes! All and all how many people do you see on a Friday/Saturday night rowdy from weed compared to alcohol?

You state you seem to know Marijuana better than most, but you bring no facts to the board and seem to ignore all the alcohol related deaths compared to Marijuana. Even people that don’t smoke it see which is deadlier and have expressed that opinion on this board.

Not saying Marijuana is good for you, but making it seem like it will ruin lives is a bit of a stretch….

Gold Member

Sehaha so because people abuse things we should ban it? I drink. ALOT. have been doing so for about 1520 years. Liver is fine. No shakes. No addiction. By the way you are posting you are saying that i will die from drinking.
    Okay lets do a little test. You get a whole pound of weed. I will bring over a pound of whiskey. I will take a shot every time you smoke a whole bowl. I will find a leo to come over and do tests to see who gets fucked up first. Btw im not paying for your end. Just mine.

As for knowledge.

Moderate drinkers tend to have better health and live longer than those who are either abstainers or heavy drinkers. In addition to having fewer heart attacks and strokes, moderate consumers of alcoholic beverages (beer, wine and distilled spirits or liquor) are generally less likely to suffer strokes, diabetes, arthritis, enlarged prostate, dementia (including Alzheimer's disease), and several major cancers.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/AlcoholAndHealth.html
    Last edited by #1Townie; Mon Apr 23rd, 2012 at 03:08 PM.

Sehaha so because people abuse things we should ban it? I drink. ALOT. have been doing so for about 1520 years. Liver is fine. No shakes. No addiction. By the way you are posting you are saying that i will die from drinking.
    Okay lets do a little test. You get a whole pound of weed. I will bring over a pound of whiskey. I will take a shot every time you smoke a whole bowl. I will find a leo to come over and do tests to see who gets fucked up first. Btw im not paying for your end. Just mine.

As for knowledge.

Moderate drinkers tend to have better health and live longer than those who are either abstainers or heavy drinkers. In addition to having fewer heart attacks and strokes, moderate consumers of alcoholic beverages (beer, wine and distilled spirits or liquor) are generally less likely to suffer strokes, diabetes, arthritis, enlarged prostate, dementia (including Alzheimer's disease), and several major cancers.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/AlcoholAndHealth.html

You are fooling yourself if you think your liver is as healthy as a non-drinker if you drink A LOT like you say! The fact here is you are still young and that same liver/kindey has to work for another 50 years, but you have damaged it if you drink more than 4 drinks a day! Other than the facts and having a gf who does this for a living I lived with a alcoholic stepfather for many years who preached the same thing about alcohol. You know where he is now…dead…and yes from alcohol! Not saying you will die, because for some reason it effects others more than some, but continue to drink a lot everyday and it will damage your liver/kidney and alcoholics are not eligible for a liver/kidney transplant! So if that liver does go, you are shit out of luck and have to live for as long as they work. It is not a nice death either!

Challenge accepted, but we will do it till one of us dies or falls over and goes unconscious (no need for a Leo)! Like I said you need to look up the facts on Marijuana because you could smoke a pound and be ok (yes you will messed up, but you will not die). My friend even had a chihuahua who weighs less than 5 pounds eat an entire ounce of weed and he lived! You drink a couple 5th’s of 80 proof and you WILL get alcohol poisoning because the facts are your liver/kidney can only filter out so much before they shut down! It is simple math and documented when they do BAC levels!

Moderate drinkers are not someone who drinks everyday more than 4 drinks per day! Moderate drinkers are probably like once a week drinkers who drink a few drinks! You saying you drink a lot does not make me think you are a moderate drinker, so you may want to rethink how you drinking is helping to get fewer heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, etc. Like I said my stepfather preached this to me all day when he was drunk….

Explanation of BAC levels:
    • .020 Light to moderate drinkers begin to feel some effects.
    • .040 Most people begin to feel relaxed.
    • .060 Judgment is somewhat impaired.
    • .080 Definite impairment of muscle coordination and driving skills. This is the legal intoxication level in most states (including California).
    • .100 Clear deterioration of reaction time and control. This is legally drunk in all states.
    • .120 Vomiting usually occurs (unless this level is reached slowly or a person has developed a tolerance to alcohol).
    • .150 Balance and movement are impaired. At this BAC. level an equivalent of 1/2 pint of whiskey is circulating in the blood stream.
    • .150-.25 Most people begin to experience blackouts
    • .300 Many people lose consciousness.
    • .400 Most people lose consciousness and some die.
    • .450 Breathing stops. This is a fatal dose for most people.
    http://www.lmu.edu/Page25066.aspx

ALCOHOL POISONING http://www.intoxikon.com/Pubs/Facts%20on%20ALCOHOL%20POISONING_4_7_05.pdf

For a 100 lb. man or woman drinking very
    quickly, it would only require about 8-10
    drinks in an hour to reach the lethal level

OH AND DON'T THINK IT IS ONLY THE LIVER/KIDNEYS

Went to see how many deaths caused by alcohol this year and it changes so fast they had to do a live total:
    http://www.worldometers.info/alcohol/

At 778,503 when I checked it at 4pm!

According to WHO, worldwide alcohol causes 1.8 million deaths (3.2% of total) and 58.3 million (4% of total) of Disability-Adjusted Life Years (DALYs). Unintentional injuries alone account for about one third of the 1.8 million deaths, while neuro-psychiatric conditions account for close to 40% of the 58.3 million DALYs.

Gold Member

Hahaha bro you have no idea what you are talking about. Let me know when you 2000 bucks to blow. Im down you seem like a cool guy to hang out with. Im sure i have ten bucks in change for whiskey. We will go until you pass out. Lol.

No really man you need to stop judging drinkers with such a closed mind. I dont drink everyday. My liver failing? Maybe when im 80. I hope i dont make it to 70. I live to live. Im not a alcoholic. If i needed a transplant i wouldnt have a issue getting one. You seem to read into things more then you should.

So for real man let me know when you want to do this. I will brimg some extra lighters for you.

Hahaha bro you have no idea what you are talking about. Let me know when you 2000 bucks to blow. Im down you seem like a cool guy to hang out with. Im sure i have ten bucks in change for whiskey. We will go until you pass out. Lol.

No really man you need to stop judging drinkers with such a closed mind. I dont drink everyday. My liver failing? Maybe when im 80. I hope i dont make it to 70. I live to live. Im not a alcoholic. If i needed a transplant i wouldnt have a issue getting one. You seem to read into things more then you should.

So for real man let me know when you want to do this. I will brimg some extra lighters for you.
    yeah man, I made up all those stats and webpages! I also made up that alocholocis can't get a transplant when that is common knowledge! Seems like you are the type to not change your mind even when it is laid out for you!

I got $2000 bucks right now, so say when! I'll prove facts are facts!

Gold Member

Okay this weekend. What day is good for you? And im not saying what you are posting isnt true. Im saying you are over reading it. More people die from car accidents. Should we ban those?

Take video...post to youtube...hilarity ensues
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Okay this weekend. What day is good for you? And im not saying what you are posting isnt true. Im saying you are over reading it. More people die from car accidents. Should we ban those?
    I am free Saturday, but I will have to see the $2K before we even start it and we have to agree what size a bowl is and what alcohol. How about you bring the strongest weed (not hash or anything made from it) and I bring the alcohol which I will choose Everclear! (We will reimburse eachother for the product if you are worried about cost)

Although since Marijuana is illegal I may have to substitute in a person that has their card so we are not commiting a crime! The avarage person is allowed 4 ounces per week prescribed I think.

You sign a waiver saying I am not liable because I have shown it is fact you will die with enough alcohol in your system. I am not seeing how you think you are above poisoning, but if you are willing to hurt yourself to show you think you are above human and facts then YOU will be liable and not me!

PLEASE AT LEAST READ WHAT I POSTED ON BAC LEVELS BEFORE EVEN STARTING THIS! IT IS FACT THAT A PERSON CAN ONLY HAVE SO MUCH BEFORE DYING! IT IS ALSO A FACT A PERSON HAS NEVER OVERDOSED FROM MARIJUANA! FACTS STATE THIS IS NOT A FAIR BET!!!!!!

Gold Member

I think its going to be very boring. The picture of comparison should be funny. I might have to get a little extra so i can at least get a buzz.

AND JUST TO COVER MY ASS

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_ov...uana_if_so_how

Marijuana and Overdosing

"No. There has never been a documented case of marijuana overdose.

In order for a human to consume enough marijuana to be fatal, they would have to consume nearly 40,000 times the amount of THC required to intoxicate them. In contrast, it only requires about 5 to 10 times the amount of alcohol required to intoxicate, to be fatal. For example, if it requires 3 beers to intoxicate you, it only requires 15 to 30 beers to kill you. However, if it takes you 3 'hits' of marijuana to intoxicate you, it would require 120,000 hits to kill you. Thus, it is virtually impossible to die of a marijuana overdose.

EDIT: Oh wait one study has shown that if you can smoke your body weight in 15 minutes it may kill you. I'd have to smoke 180 pounds in 15 minutes
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Apr 23rd, 2012 at 04:56 PM.