Thread: 21' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 21' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Honestly good seeing Marc back on the grid and seeing his emotional reaction after the race definitely makes you feel for the guy and all he fought mentally and physically through these last 9 months and it was like a weight lifted off his shoulders. Don't know how to feel about the new track limits crap and also that yellow flag rule, it's a bit F1 absurd like honestly and man that one qualifier lap from Pecco was amazing and how was he supposed to see the flag when he's looking through the turn and the bunker is on the opposite side, we are taught to not fixate, Dorna and FIM fucked up on that one and badly for sure. Great job by Quartararo and getting that Yamaha firing right from the get go but hope it won't be the same blunder from last season, Maverick just keeps finding stupid ways to fuck up and not help his case, if he keeps going the way he is, he will loose his seat after his current contract mainly with how much competition/talent is coming up through the ranks. Damn good race from Roberts and Beaubier in Moto2, those two are making great strides and are putting the US back on the motorcycling map. As far as Rossi goes man, he is unfortunately just looking like a fool now, he should have retired last year with the factory team and called it good. Being in a new team, new setting and just new everything overall it's not good for him, being as old as he is it's hard to adjust to internal change after having the same team for such a long time but well hopefully he can salvage some results in Europe cause man, so far it's been worse than his Ducati days, at least the bike sucked then so there was that excuse but he has factory parts and support so there's no reason for him to be in the back of the pack the way he is. Badass seeing Aleix Espargaro doing work with that Aprilia, those guys made a huge stride in the off-season and they'll be a contender soon, just need those couple extra steps but they're right there. Also hell of a salvage job by Pecco and Binder today, pretty good race overall. We'll see how things keep shaping up in Jerez now that Marc shook the nerves off and he keeps getting closer to fitness and all.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Apr 18th, 2021 at 05:49 PM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Re: 21' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Honestly good seeing Marc back on the grid and seeing his emotional reaction after the race definitely makes you feel for the guy and all he fought mentally and physically through these last 9 months and it was like a weight lifted off his shoulders. Don't know how to feel about the new track limits crap and also that yellow flag rule, it's a bit F1 absurd like honestly and man that one qualifier lap from Pecco was amazing and how was he supposed to see the flag when he's looking through the turn and the bunker is on the opposite side, we are taught to not fixate, Dorna and FIM fucked up on that one and badly for sure. Great job by Quartararo and getting that Yamaha firing right from the get go but hope it won't be the same blunder from last season, Maverick just keeps finding stupid ways to fuck up and not help his case, if he keeps going the way he is, he will loose his seat after his current contract mainly with how much competition/talent is coming up through the ranks. Damn good race from Roberts and Beaubier in Moto2, those two are making great strides and are putting the US back on the motorcycling map. As far as Rossi goes man, he is unfortunately just looking like a fool now, he should have retired last year with the factory team and called it good. Being in a new team, new setting and just new everything overall it's not good for him, being as old as he is it's hard to adjust to internal change after having the same team for such a long time but well hopefully he can salvage some results in Europe cause man, so far it's been worse than his Ducati days, at least the bike sucked then so there was that excuse but he has factory parts and support so there's no reason for him to be in the back of the pack the way he is. Badass seeing Aleix Espargaro doing work with that Aprilia, those guys made a huge stride in the off-season and they'll be a contender soon, just need those couple extra steps but they're right there. Also hell of a salvage job by Pecco and Binder today, pretty good race overall. We'll see how things keep shaping up in Jerez now that Marc shook the nerves off and he keeps getting closer to fitness and all.
    Alright!! few races in and 2021 is shaping up to be a good year. Marquez is still hurt and needs time(still not 100% yet), Vinales doing what Vinales does best and that's win a race and then go backwards the rest of them. Quartararo is the man to beat this year. I think he's got some taste for winning, he's fast and can string together good races. He just has some tire issues, like everyone else. I think Bagnaia is going to be tough and consistent. I thought Zarco might be doing that as well. Mir is going to do the Mr. Consistent thing again if he can. I think Rins is showing some good speed, his problem is himself. I think Morbidelli will come on strong as he gets his feet again.

I really believe this new batch of riders have moved the goalposts. Marquez will have his hands full once he returns to full form. I think he will win and be dominant but nothing like before. He's really going to have to dig deep to keep up with these maniacs. There are a lot of contenders this year. Still too close to call the championship but for race wins I think it's anybody's game at the moment. Even Miller is starting to finally develop into a racer, that last win really took the weight off. Still think he's a bit of a bitch for the move he pulled on Mir in Qatar, but whatever, rubbin is racing as they call it.

The only turd in this whole crowd I can see is Rossi. I'll flat out say it, he f**kin sucks this year. Dude's not even an "also ran" anymore, he's just a "has been" with those performances he's showing.

I know they don't do it in racing all that much because I'm sure it can hurt a racer's fragile mind. But if it were up to me, I'd take an example straight out of American pro-sports and that's if someone sucks, they get benched. That's exactly what I'd do with Rossi, sit him down and say, "either you get your sh*t together, or you're going to get benched for one race." And as disappointed as I am right now with Rossi, I'd wait until Mugello and bench his ass out of spite. It's not like it's going to hurt him in the points, you actually need to have some points in order for a DNS to affect you.

The best part is I'd keep doing it race after race. I wouldn't fire him, I'd retain him all season long and just keep benching him. Put his bike out in the pits and hang on sign on it. "I'd love to be out racing, but the guy who rides me can't manage anything better than top 20, so here I sit."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."