Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minibike World Record; Denver to Sturgis

Minibike World Record; Denver to Sturgis

Follow Chris from Grand Prix (aka Sticky296) and Ryan as they attempt to set the minibike world record this week-

http://minibikeworldrecord.com/
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Re: Minibike World Record; Denver to Sturgis

Are they going to be riding 2 up?

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Harry and Loyd.

Haha. Oh my. I cant wait to hear more about this...

What are they going to do about the problem of driving an unregistered vehicle on an open interstate highway, also the fact that these things are only capable of 40mph?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofColorado View Post
    Harry and Loyd.
    They're even coming from colorado! That was probably the best part of that movie.

I'm looking forward to this trips outcome too.

I imagine they are sticking to state/ county two lane highways. Who's gonna care out in NE & SD anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by chanke4252 View Post
    They're even coming from colorado! That was probably the best part of that movie.
    They were coming from Nebraska to Colorado on the scooter I believe weren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Motodrew View Post
    They were coming from Nebraska to Colorado on the scooter I believe weren't they?
    If memory serves me right, they were in Colorado and Lloyd took the wrong turn and ended up in Nebraska. Hence why they said, "that John Denver was sure full of s**t." About the Rocky Mountains being high.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

But they were only on the scooter from NE to CO am i right? We got off topic quick. who cares anyhow. ha.

But they were only on the scooter from NE to CO am i right? We got off topic quick. who cares anyhow. ha.
    yeah you're right it's been awhile since I've seen D&D'er. He traded off the van for that scooter HAHA!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Oh..there is a whole site in their honor..and they are going to make the Guiness Book of World Records....Quite the deal drew. Chris was telling me all about it. I think their asses are going to hurt something furious...lol. But you can tell at anytime where they are at...and its being covered by the discovery channel as well as big hoopla when they get ther at noon. He was pretty stoked. Yamaha even gave 2 new bikes to them to do this.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

Please don't take what I said the wrong way. When I stated "who cares anyhow" I was referring to the Dumb & Dumber trivia.

Coming from the midwest myself, I wasn't attempting to poke fun. I really just meant that if they are stopped by authorities in NE or SD they will most likely not give them trouble & wish them safe travels. I'm sure they are taking the necessary precautions & riding safely. Good luck to them both!

something like that. i know aspen was the destination, lol. great movie. i hope they take vids of this.

Harry and Loyd.
    exactly what i was thinking,
    keep us updated

Please don't take what I said the wrong way. When I stated "who cares anyhow" I was referring to the Dumb & Dumber trivia.

Coming from the midwest myself, I wasn't attempting to poke fun. I really just meant that if they are stopped by authorities in NE or SD they will most likely not give them trouble & wish them safe travels. I'm sure they are taking the necessary precautions & riding safely. Good luck to them both!
    Oh...no offense taken Drew! Im from the midwest too don't forget. I just think its cool that we all know someone who is doing this...and Its only 6 1/2 hours regularily to the Black Hills...Sturgis isn't that far off. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

4 weeks

4 weeks

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

AKA "Devaclis"

The fact that Pabst Blue Ribbon is sponsoring this record attempts assures me it will be epic win.

Good luck out there guys. Your ass is going to take a pounding but you will walk away with a great smile on your face.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GixxerCarrie View Post
    doing this...and Its only 6 1/2 hours regularily to the Black Hills...Sturgis isn't that far off. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them.

It all depends on which way they go. If they go through custer or not. But 6 1/2 hours is spending doing 80=85 the entire trip. ( I drive it every summer ) i hope they have lights on the bikes, as im thinking if they leave at noon, im thinking they will get there around 1 or 2am in the morning, unless they have the modified little pocket bikes that do 65 mph. then there trip will be about 8 -9 hours.
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Jeebus! Isn't Chris a little tall for those? That can't be comfortable.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by t_jolt View Post
    It all depends on which way they go. If they go through custer or not. But 6 1/2 hours is spending doing 80=85 the entire trip. ( I drive it every summer ) i hope they have lights on the bikes, as im thinking if they leave at noon, im thinking they will get there around 1 or 2am in the morning, unless they have the modified little pocket bikes that do 65 mph. then there trip will be about 8 -9 hours.
    I do it too...to meet family..I ghing I'm the one doing 80-85...hmm...figure that!

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GixxerCarrie View Post
    I do it too...to meet family..I ghing I'm the one doing 80-85...hmm...figure that!
    where do you have family up there? Got some that actually live 20 mins outside rapid city. Out by johnson's siding.
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c