Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
First, the bolts are Torx screws with a security pin and I have the appropriate tool to remove (and reuse) them. No drilling needed. I can find the wire tonight (manual at home) but be careful around the switch as Kawasaki put security into the switch so you can't just hot wire the bike
That's awesome! I was really hoping to avoid having to remove the triple tree and then drill them out. They look like a headless bolt tho so I think they are ones you'd have to drill out? I hears they are the type of bolts that once tightened the heads snap off at a certain torque setting. If you have a Kawasaki tool that can somehow get these out easily that would be great! Then I can remove the tumbler and take it apart to see what's wrong inside of it. Like I said it turns ON and to PARKING but will not turn leftwards from ON to the OFF setting. Key works fine in the tank and the underseat area.

If I can fix it that would be the BEST option. Otherwise, I would hope to find the wire that is specifically for the parking light setting so I can put a bridge in there to disengage it so that the light will not turn on when I take the key out. Do you happen to know tho if it is in the parking light setting if that is the ONLY think that would draw current at that time? If I can disengage the light and that's the only thing then I shouldn't have any problems taking the key out and just leaving it in the parking light setting.