Thread: Dead forum?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Dead forum?

I still check in/lurk from time to time. Maybe a once a month, a quick scan for any interesting posts.

Sadly, CSC has been slowly fading away the past few years. The best days, IMO, were circa 2007-2008 when we started doing epic overnight adventure rides like to Durango and such.

Since my crash last year, I haven't replaced the bike. I keep eyeing a '17 KTM Superduke 1290 R or the GT version, even checked it out today... but Mrs. Clovis wants the motorcycle stuff sold. Who knows, maybe next year?

The crash gave me some pause over some things and this summer I did a lot of fun things with my family. Took the kiddo (3yrs old now!) camping 3 times including one last trip from Labor Day through Wednesday Lots of trips to hot springs and the mountains. The bike phase may just be over for me for awhile, at least until the kiddo is older.

That was really the worst part about the crash. Realizing that if I had died, I wouldn't even be a memory to my daughter, then just 2, but I would be a story.

I love my girl too much to not be in her life. Daddy is "her best friend"

(The dog is also her "best friend"... ha)

Guess we'll see what the future brings.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    I still check in/lurk from time to time. Maybe a once a month, a quick scan for any interesting posts.

Sadly, CSC has been slowly fading away the past few years. The best days, IMO, were circa 2007-2008 when we started doing epic overnight adventure rides like to Durango and such.

Since my crash last year, I haven't replaced the bike. I keep eyeing a '17 KTM Superduke 1290 R or the GT version, even checked it out today... but Mrs. Clovis wants the motorcycle stuff sold. Who knows, maybe next year?

The crash gave me some pause over some things and this summer I did a lot of fun things with my family. Took the kiddo (3yrs old now!) camping 3 times including one last trip from Labor Day through Wednesday Lots of trips to hot springs and the mountains. The bike phase may just be over for me for awhile, at least until the kiddo is older.

That was really the worst part about the crash. Realizing that if I had died, I wouldn't even be a memory to my daughter, then just 2, but I would be a story.

Yeah dude, I lurked around since 05' and didn't join until 07' but those were fun days, full moon rides, north meets the south, poker runs, random rides, etc. Miss those days but times move on, many have sold their bikes, moved to ADV type riding or do their own private rides with specific people or gone to full racing. While I still have my bike but I honestly have very little desire to ride on the street anymore, it's become an utter shit show with the transplants and it's just no longer fun, not even in the hills. I ride maybe once a month. I've racked a whole whooping 800 miles of riding this season when it used to be like 20k a year before. Making memories with the family is definitely more important and trust me you're not missing out on much out here lol
    Last edited by madvlad; Sat Sep 9th, 2017 at 07:50 AM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post

Clovis, lol. you still in widefield?
    down the street. still clovis as i read.
    btw new video trailer. pike and trout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQJWs-5XMWg