Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PMP Track Day INFO- CSC EXCLUSIVE!!!

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

PMP Track Day INFO- CSC EXCLUSIVE!!!

Good morning all,

A couple years back we were able to arrange a couple of CSC exclusive track days at SCR before it closed. In that spirit I've been able to arrange a CSC exclusive track day this summer at Pueblo Motorsports Park. But wait....it gets better! It's on a weekend On top of that Pueblo has agreed to open their Cafe for lunch that day (it costs a few bucks, but the burgers are delicious ). Finally there are going to be opportunities at the event to win 1/2 track days and a few other prizes. If the event gets big enough I may be able to convince some shops to be involved for tire changes or some special deals on gear and supplies for your motorcycling addiction. No promises there yet, let’s see how this goes!

Here are the facts:

When: Sunday July 29th, all day
    Where: Pueblo Motorsports Park
    Why: Because it's there (thanks Sir Edmund)

What do you need to do to be on the list: You need to support the CSC as either a yearly or a lifetime member. This is in place because this weekend day is HIGHLY desirable in the open market and while I don't want to exclude anyone, I don't want people becoming members here for one day to get in on this and then not contributing to this community again.

Other Requirements: These are rules that are in place at Pueblo. There will be no exceptions to these rules as violating them will assure that we are not invited back.

1. You need either a one piece full leather suit or a two-piece all leather suit that zips together all the way around. There are no textile suits allowed at Pueblo. Other gear includes boots that cover the ankles, gloves that extend beyond your wrist, a back protector and a full face helmet with visor in good condition.

2. Your bike must be in good operating condition and prepared for the track. This means:

a. Your tires have over 50% tread remaining
    b. There are no leaks (including fork seals)
    c. There is no anti-freeze in the cooling system. It must be drained and replaced with water, or water and water wetter
    d. Lights are disconnected and taped over
    e. Mirrors are removed

3. You must have attended a track safety course. There are several versions of this that are acceptable, including one that will be available at the track that day.

a. PMP Safety course (next one is April 17th, it will be available on the 29th)
    b. Current race license from a recognized sanctioning body such as the MRA, WERA, CRA etc.
    c. Certification from another nationally recognized trackday organization such as NESBA, Sportbike Track Time, or the Pridmore School.

Note 1: Please be prepared to prove your previous instruction, if that is the route your going. This means having a cetificate or card from a recognized organization that says you've had on-track instrction in the last 3 years.

Note 2: While there is going to be some instruction available at R2SL, it will not meet Pueblo's course requirements as there will be no certificate.

4. There is NO STUNTING of any kind allowed. Period.

Violation of any of these rules will find you expelled, wearing the dunce cap and not getting any kind of refund. Pueblo is VERY serious about safety and I intend to support them fully in that endeavor.

Cost: There are two tiers for cost for this day, based on your training level.

$85 - if you have the proper training to be out there (PMP training, MRA license, Pridmore School, NESBA card etc)

$160- If you need the class, it will be offered that day at the track.

I know these numbers are slightly higher than the usual Pueblo day rates. Some of that is me assuring that I can cover the expense of the exclusive day. If there are funds left over at the end of the day I will donate them, in the name of the CSC, to the safety fund that has been created in Gene's name to make Pueblo a safer place for us all to ride. This fund helps to support the instructional team at PMP as well as buying safety equipment for use at the facility.

There is a separate thread to sign up for the event located here:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=12152

Please ONLY sign up in that thread. Ask any questions about the event in this thread.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Scott
    Last edited by rybo; Fri Apr 20th, 2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: edited Pueblo safety requirements

Re: PMP Track Day INFO- CSC EXCLUSIVE!!!

Scott, the sign up thread states
    Has had a PMP class, has a current MRA card or a card from another recognized trackday organization
    I would assume that my 2006 license would still qualify even though it is not "current"?
    If not I do have a really nice RMS License

I might be up for this depending on when I arrive in CO, my most likely timing is Mid July to Mid August but might still come out to get to meet some people.

Curious about the classes though, How strict are they? I have expired CCS license and several days running advanced with STT events but not since 2005. Haven't been on track since fall of 05 but getting ready for R2SL in a few weeks. Don't think I'd want to pay for a class, so whatcha think? Or is there a better person to ask this question? Thanks!

Site Admin

"Current" is defined by PMP as "Able to race without having to take a class" for the MRA that means you've had the class within the last three years. So, Dave, you're good.

Curtis, I don't know what the CCS rules are. Let me check with the PMP folks and see what they say about it. I'll post up here with the answer.

On a general note:

If you've had some "other" training, not the PMP class, please be prepared to prove it. Bring your race license or cert card from the other organization that has a date on it.

Thanks

Scott

Scott-
    Would riding in R2SL allow bypass on the class thing? I've got CA Superbike and Pridmore's, but those were 2-3 years ago...
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Site Admin

The R2SL thing is a good question, and one that I don't have an immediate answer to. I will get back on that one.

"I've got CA Superbike and Pridmore's, but those were 2-3 years ago..."

Found my certifs... disregard
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Site Admin

I've edited the inital post to include this info:

"Current" means having had instruction from a recognized organization within the last three years AND having a card or certificate with you that proves that fact.

While instruction will be available at R2SL, it will not meet Pueblo's requirement as there will be no certificate stating that you took a course while there. Sorry.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

The other thing about R2SL's training is that while excellent, it doesn't tell you anything about the unique requirements at Pueblo, so it won't qualify.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Sorry to be dense, but "member" of the CSC...? I have been involved with CSC for 5 years, participating in events, group rides, posting, etc., but I don't know what makes me an official member. (other "older" username is TribalTT)

If I am in fact eligible to participate as a member, I would be there 100%.

Are the 2 groups going to run in different sessions?

Quote Originally Posted by ctb View Post
    Sorry to be dense, but "member" of the CSC...? I have been involved with CSC for 5 years, participating in events, group rides, posting, etc., but I don't know what makes me an official member. (other "older" username is TribalTT)

If I am in fact eligible to participate as a member, I would be there 100%.

Are the 2 groups going to run in different sessions?

ctb-

I may be wrong, but I think it refers to donating financially as either a yearly or lifetime member. You can find this info. here;

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/payments.php

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL* View Post
    ctb-

I may be wrong, but I think it refers to donating financially as either a yearly or lifetime member. You can find this info. here;

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/payments.php

If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.
    You are right on. This is exactly what I had in mind.

Like I said, I don't want to be exclusionary, but I did put some effort into making this happen for the club and I want those who contribute to benefit.

There will be sessions during the day, but the "day of" schedule is far from finalized. I'll get it worked out once I see how many people are in each category.

This is preety much the first thing I've seen that is to be a csc event what else comes along or does one get out of supporting this club?
    Does this club have meetings and stuff besides drinks ?
    Would the safety class have more track time on a date not being shared with this csc track day.

Scott,

Are there really only 20 spots?
    2003 GSX-R750 Angry Marmot Motorsports #256
    Voted "Best Smelling Exhaust" May 2006

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by N1KSS1KS1x View Post
    This is preety much the first thing I've seen that is to be a csc event what else comes along or does one get out of supporting this club?
    Does this club have meetings and stuff besides drinks ?
    Would the safety class have more track time on a date not being shared with this csc track day.
    Supporting the club covers some of the costs that have been invisible to us as members for many years. There are people who've paid a lot of money to make this possible. Server, T1 line etc.

So, what do you get for your $15 a year? The entertainment of being here I guess.

The safety class is 1/2 day instruction and 1/2 day track time. There is no additional track time beyond that.

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by *KEN* View Post
    Scott,

Are there really only 20 spots?
    Nope...that's just a good start.

So there is no less track time due to it being on the same day as the trackday?
    I was hoping that maybe we would get some features that you get if your a member. On-site as well as off

Site Admin

I'm not exactly sure how the "day of" scheudle is going to work out yet, but because there will be sessions I would suggest that you won't miss too much track time.

While I know it seems like a burden, this class really is a GOOD thing. I realize that you are a newer member here, but as a bit of history, we lost a good friend and good person last year to an on-track accident. The accident was the result of another rider not having the necessary information and making a mistake that just shouldn't have been made. This course has the goal of trying to prevent that from ever happening again.

Pueblo is NOT IMI. It's a serious endeavour. I've seen 160 MPH at the end of the front straight there and by no means do I have the fastest bike out there. Turn one is possible to roll through at over 100 MPH. Having a little bit of good instruction before heading out there is a good thing and I promise the instructors there have something to teach you. (and me)

I'm sorry to push this issue, but it is the requirement that PMP has for us to use their track and again, it is a very good thing

Oh forsure, I understand that and its al hella of a good thing.
    I didnt know Gene but knew about it from following the mra for years just didnt come on here cause I didnt have a bike.
    Let me ask you this Would I be better off spending more money and doing a race school with Ricky. I wanna go to the star school but I can't make the may deadline. I feel I would learn more about riding or is the instuction about the same but with more saftey stuff covered?

Re: CSC exclusive track day Sign UP

Y the hike in price? Is that because its reserved?
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

I understand you don't have the exact details worked out yet, but will there be sessions grouped by speed? Last track day I did there were three groups: street (for noobs/slowies both in the safety class and not), sport (for experienced weekend-canyon-style riders), and race group for the fasties. Something like that planned? Or is it just "noob" and "not noob" ? I'm not a noob, but I'm not fast/stupid/brave enough to mix it up with racers.

^ Yes, is there an actual fee to be a yearly supporter? I could make this, but would be less inclined if I have to pay to be a supporter. (Sorry I'm not here much.)

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    Y the hike in price? Is that because its reserved?
    Dion,

2 reasons, one is because it's an exclusive day I want to make sure I can cover all of the PMP costs. The track is essentially reserved in my name at this point, so it's on me to make sure I can pay for it. If there are any extra dollars at the end I will be donating them, in the name of the CSC to PMP's safety fund.

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    Scott, I would like to sign up for Group 1. What are my options for paying my "Yearly" or "Lifetime" support fee?

Perhaps I could hand over cash to Ralph at the next R2SL training meeting?
    I'm going to point you to Ralph on that one, I know one option is to paypal money to him. I think if you go into your user preferences on the site it walks you through the process.

Quote Originally Posted by albinohickey View Post
    ^ Yes, is there an actual fee to be a yearly supporter? I could make this, but would be less inclined if I have to pay to be a supporter. (Sorry I'm not here much.)
    Like I said, I don't want to be exclusionary, but a weekend open track day at Pueblo is impossible to come by, so I want to offer it up to those who support the club first. The yearly supporter fee is only $15, and it's those funds that keep this site here for us to use. Please consider it.

Scott

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by sky_blue View Post
    I understand you don't have the exact details worked out yet, but will there be sessions grouped by speed? Last track day I did there were three groups: street (for noobs/slowies both in the safety class and not), sport (for experienced weekend-canyon-style riders), and race group for the fasties. Something like that planned? Or is it just "noob" and "not noob" ? I'm not a noob, but I'm not fast/stupid/brave enough to mix it up with racers.
    No question there will be sessions, just not sure how many and what division of riders yet, but safety is the primary concern and the sessions will be divided with that in mind.