Thread: chip magic paint shop

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Talking chip magic paint shop

So last saturday 7/23 the ninja unfortunately saw the ground at 5mph on the ren festival dirt road. Long story short some kids were in my way and apparently when you honk your horn at teenagers it means jump in front of whatever is going to hit you. i had to slam the front brake and the front end slid out under me on the dirt.

Anywho i spent a good part on monday trying to find a shop that would paint my bike i was reffered to Gunslingers by about 10 different autobody shops..I saw there website and its obviouse that they do good work but they dont answer there fucking phone and i didnt get a return call untill 8 hours after i left a voicemail.

I did however find Chip magic in denver the gentleman answered right away and over the phone quoted me $200 based off of the damage i said there was.

When i got to his shop he saw that there were three different pieces that were going to need to be painted and said it would be an additional $100 to paint all of them.

He let me pull all of the fairings off myself at his shop so i wouldnt get charged labor for his guys to do it and they even helped me anyways!

I made the bike street legal and rode it home w no fairings but he did say if i wanted i could leave the bike there.

I got a call early this afternoon that everything was done and i could come put the fairings back on my bike.

The paint job is amazing my bike isnt a gloss clear coat its a matt clear coat and can be difficult to work with but these guys did an awesome job the color matched perfectly and everything looked great. He also painted the undamaged left side fairing for free so it would be a fresh paint job and match the other side!!!

so all in all i paid $300 to have me entire bike painted except the tank in two days!!!! awesome place and i highly recommend you go there!

Re: chip magic paint shop

Looks good man, give us the review on the longevity of it.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Very nice! Price seems fair too...

damn...thats cheaper than I could do it for myself, and flattening additives are a PITA for sure

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

I also forgot to mention that They warranty their work so if anything starts to chip or peel they will re-paint it at no cost!

Thinking about taking my plastics to Chip Magic, the guy was very friendly and informative on the phone. Any discounts for CSC members? Who should I say referred me?

Anyone buy aftermarket plastics (like MotorcycleFairing.com, SureTribe, NiceCycle, etc.)? Full sets for just under $950, then I'd have two sets for less than a new paintjob. Or does the quality suck? Probably cheap Chinese-quality crap, right? EasyFairings.com kits are $700.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Tue Jun 19th, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Thinking about taking my plastics to Chip Magic, the guy was very friendly and informative on the phone. Any discounts for CSC members? Who should I say referred me?

Anyone buy aftermarket plastics (like MotorcycleFairing.com, SureTribe, NiceCycle, etc.)? Full sets for just under $950, then I'd have two sets for less than a new paintjob. Or does the quality suck? Probably cheap Chinese-quality crap, right? EasyFairings.com kits are $700.
    For aftermarket you might want to look into Delkevic, I have not tried them but they look pretty good. They seem to be run out of Steeles Cycle here in Denver and also seem to have a nice guarantee behind them. Was looking like $500 for unpainted for your bike and $600 for the painted fiat ones. http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-R1-YZ...t_12225wt_1330
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Korean/Chinese plastics suck, especially for fitment, and they're a way cheaper plastic than the OEMs use, plus they won't have the backing/pads that the OEM (lowers) usually come with.

Plus, regardless of who's selling them, most come from the same factory.

@Grim, I think your bike has an unhealthy attraction for the ground...it might be possessed. I suggest covering it in elk piss to ward off evil spirits.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson