Thread: Tonight at Bandimere

Tonight at Bandimere

Taking into account this was my first time at Bandi with a motorcycle, I'm going to give myself a little bit of a break. I got a total of 3 runs in, each against another sportbike.

1st run:

RT : -.183
    60' : 3.258
    1/4 : 14.280
    MPH : 112.91

Okay, so I could not launch to save my life. No burnout, I staged and revved to about 7,000. Third amber light goes green and I popped the clutch. Redlight... doh! The front tire immediately leaves the ground, I freak out and chop the throttle. Front comes back down with a hard *thump*, my nuts become one with the gas tank, and the bike bogs. Hardcore. Doh! I immediately got back on the throttle and had a cup of tea while I waited for the RPMs to climb from 1k to redline.

2nd run:

RT : .088
    60' : 2.639
    1/4 : 13.401
    MPH : 111.51

Knowing that popping the clutch doesn't work, I revved to 8,000 and when the 3rd amber lit, I tried feathering the clutch. Front tire leaves the ground ever so slightly, I freak out again and chop the throttle.. leaving my nuts in a very bad state of despair. Knowing how badly I had done, I revved back to about 10k and feathered the clutch out again. The front tire leaves the ground about 3.5' in the air, and this time I stayed on the throttle. The front tire gently came back down as I shifted to 2nd.. and stayed there to the finish. Whew.

3rd run:

RT : .545
    60' : 3.021
    1/4 : 13.998
    MPH : 111.73

Almost a replica of the 1st run, I was extremely nervous. Knowing if I wasn't gentle enough on the clutch, the bike was going to come up. I decided that maybe leaning over the tank as I launched would be a good idea. I'm leaning with the bike at 8k, amber lights up, and I popped the clutch. Front tire stays on the ground, but the bike bogs down again. God damn it! I clutch in and rev back up to 10k and let the clutch go while still leaning over. Bike launched like it felt it was supposed to, and I just kept going.

Things to try next time... higher revs, more weight over the front of the bike, and be gentler but faster on the clutch.

First run:

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Re: Tonight at Bandimere

I will try to get there next Wednesday. One of the more safer places to be when you want to see what your bike can do.

Board Newbie

They didnt make you wear full leathers?

What tim edid it start, I was thinking about trying to get down there on a Wed as well. How much was it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by dsmxsteve View Post
    They didnt make you wear full leathers?
    Full leathers aren't required until 120mph. BUT... they wouldn't let me wear my fucking Shark because the back of the helmet didn't have a Snell rating on it. I still need to check inside the thing to see if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by K7Gix1000
    What tim edid it start, I was thinking about trying to get down there on a Wed as well. How much was it as well?
    I think the gates opened at 4pm.. and it's $30 to run.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Sounds like fun none the less. Can you go out there any Wed. and do this?
    Danny

I think that they do it every Wed thru the end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aracheon View Post
    Full leathers aren't required until 120mph. BUT... they wouldn't let me wear my fucking Shark because the back of the helmet didn't have a Snell rating on it. I still need to check inside the thing to see if I can find it.

If I remember correctly my MSF course instructor commented that the Sharks are not Snell rated, yet. But that was like 2 months ago. :P