Thread: Corbin seats - who's got 'em?

Corbin seats - who's got 'em?

I just ordered a corbin for my 06 GSXR 1000, which has the ergonomics of a torture rack in my opinion. Who else has a corbin seat, and how much does it help? Are they worth the money?

Re: Corbin seats - who's got 'em?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT WORTH THE MONEY

i have one, used it for about 2 hrs, now it hangs on garage wall. its like sitting on a lazyboy.

might be good for long long trips, but i dont really do that on a sportbike, thats what goldwings are for
    04 RC51

Corbin's work for the GS and the ST, but I'd never get one for the Duc. Sportbikes are built to have more weight on the pegs and very little on the seat. Just depends on the kind of riding you do. You'll never see a Corbin at the track, but you don't see many stock seats at IBA rallies either.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Now what?

Whatever you damn well feel like.
    Proud pilot of the one and only 1994 Kaw EX500 "Failstrom" adventure-mo-dealie!

IBA# 20672

I sadly bought a corbin for my 03 R1 and I agree that they are not worth the money. The fit was so bad that I had to get the drill out to make the proper alignment. They said it would "break in" around 1,500 miles and here I am at 2,500 and the seat is still hard as a rock.

But hey...it looks good

Well, that wasn't what I was expecting. I haven't done a track day yet, but I figured that I would just swap the stock seat back on for the track. I'm just looking for extra comfort for those longer rides. Those of you who don't want their seats, why don't you just sell them on ebay? They seem to hold their resale value.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I thought Suzukis were the most cush of all the big-4 anyway?

You shoulda skipped the Gix and got a Grand Vitara instead Rob.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I got one a year ago... and the thing is still rock hard ...

The stock seat is much more comfortable......
    "“Don’t have good ideas if you arent willing to be responsible for them” - Alan J. Perlis"

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Had a Corbin on the VFR and it was great. Also rode an RC51 with a Sargent and have to say for any kind of distance it was a great improvement over the vinyl covered piece of plywood of a stock seat that comes with the RC.

For a track day....who cares, but for distance they can be an improvement.

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Have one on my Triumph and don't really care for it.
    But it came with it so I never really compared it to the stock seat.

A friend had the same Harley as mine with a corbin, swapped bikes on a ride once.
    The Corbin was nicer than the stock seat, but not $300 nicer.
    So +1 for not worth it.

Anyone ever try changing the foam out on the stock seat with the new space-age jell foams?
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

The problem is that I'm one of those people like Hank Hill - no ass. I need some ass implants or something. The stock seat isn't bad cushioning wise, it's the shape of it that gives me two pressure points. I chose Corbin because they supposedly shape the seat to spread out the pressure and eliminate the pressure points. They don't make their seats with a lot of cushion, it's still hard, just shaped more correctly - like a saddle. I guess if I don't like it, I'll just put it on ebay. Sargent apparently doesn't make a seat for my bike or I might have given them a try.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

It largely depends on the bike, too. Others I've sat on didn't do it for me, but I just put one on my DR650 (dual sport) and it positively *rocks*.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

I don't leave home without mine
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

ditto the N_N words. had several over the years. butt-conformity is good when ya go for many sequential hrs. the stock bus_seat puts yer 'tenders' into the tank often NFG!
    bus_henry
    "its boxy, its fast..."

iba#14410 -- 1kss, bbg, 50cc, 2kss, 3kss and b2b_insanity completed -- it has been 4 years.
    UPDATE bbg_insanity will run somewhere btwn APR-JUN 09

Board Newbie

I have had one for a few months now, and generally I like it. Bought it for a road trip so my ass didn't fall off at the end of 2 weeks.

Installation was a 45 minute wrestling match involving hammers and prybars. Mount bracket came in the forward-most position, and scraped (a hidden part of) the tank on my first try. Needed to flip the bracket around to get the holes even close. After a few thousand miles though, it has settled, and drops right in.

It is much firmer than the stock seat. Love it or hate it.

Sometimes it tends to slide me towards the tank. Finding that perfect riding position is a combination of pants, underwear and butt sweat. Some days I got it, some days I don't.

In the end, I have kept the Corbin seat on and haven't considered going back to stock. Here it is on the 2003 SV-650.

My bike came with the Corbin seat already on it and I never thought to try the stock seat. I think that the seat is comfortable, but then again I am just a newbie.
    1997 YZF 1000R

although the corbins are harder, they are dished out and shaped so that the pressure is supported by the entire seat, not just the 2 small areas of your ass that contact the stock seat. stock seat with no padding are just flat and hard and others with a boatload of padding are rounded and create pressure points where your ass bones meet the seat

i wouldnt put a corbin on a sportbike again though. the high edges make it alot harder to move around on the seat. try hanging off and you will be rewarded with the raised edge of the seat being crammed up your crack

but on a bike like my zrx, which rides like a lazy boy mounted on a dirt bike anyway, the corbin is nice

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

Thanks for the comments. Seat will be here on Thursday. I'll post pics and comment.