Thread: Sunday 9/16

Sunday 9/16

Looks like Sunday's going to be beautiful. Where is everyone headed out? I need some ride ideas.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

Re: Sunday 9/16

I'm thinking about going to the X-Games sponsored by Go-Fast! I heard, on the radio, a great add for the games. Then this morning on channel 9 there was an interview with one of the BASE jumpers. I hear that they'll be jumping all day long-- every day, Friday through Sunday. Other folks have been talking about a run to Bishop's Castle.
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

We just did Bishop 2 weeks ago, it was AMAZING fun!

Hmm, X-Games? Where's that happening?

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

KUSA - If you're into adrenaline rushes, Canon City is the place to be this weekend. The annual Royal Gorge Go Fast! Games will return to the 1,053-foot-high Royal Gorge Bridge to showcase world-class athletes in their daring sports.

On Wednesday, Susie Wargin welcomed B.A.S.E. jumper Hank Caylor for the 6:20 Sidebar and he talked about what it takes to jump from 1,000+ feet. Did you know they don't have a reserve shoot? Slightly crazy! To see the interview, visit the video link on the left.

This weekend athletes like Hank will showcase B.A.S.E. and bungee jumping (participation is by invite only), and big wall climbing exhibitions. Also, for the first time this year, famed Go Fast Jet Pack Pilot, Eric Scott, will perform flights throughout each day of the event.

What is BASE jumping?
    BASE jumping is an acronym for the four types of fixed objects that are utilized for these foot-launched skydives: (B)uilding, (A)ntenna, (S)pan, and (E)arth. The most experienced BASE jumpers from all over the world travel to the Royal Gorge Bridge, for this once-a-year event. The BASE jumping portion of the weekend is organized by Apex Base.

What is Bungee Jumping?
    Bungee Jumping is the sport of jumping from a tall structure while connected to a large rubber band. The intense thrill comes as much from the free-falls as from the rebounds. When the person jumps, the cord stretches to absorb the energy of the fall, then the jumper flies upwards again as the cord snaps back. The jumper oscillates up and down until all the energy is used up. Established in 1990, Vertigo Bungee is one of the premier bungee companies. Based out of the Pacific Northwest, Vertigo Bungee has over 80,000 supervised jumps, over 60 different structures-domestic and international, and various heights/obstacles including bridges, train-trestles, and construction tower cranes.

Schedule of Events:
    Friday, September 14th – Sunday, September 16th, 9am – 6pm

For more information about the Go Fast! Games, including directions and hotel information along with other attractions at the Royal Gorge, visit the links to the left of this article.

Rider Workshop-USA

*Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

You should ride on Saturday, since I won't have a bike on Sunday.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Ill be there sat. and sun. to ride. The usual 830-900 at Moco. Iam into riding just about any where. Like to go towards granby then out 125 to waldenthen back through to kremlin over to silverthorne over loveland then over sqaw pass back into town. Just a little ride to warm up the aprilia for sun. havent rode it in a couple weeks just been riding the 675.

I would be down for a ride through my neck of the woods!

I'm up for a run on Sunday to the northwest territories. Depart 8:30 from MOCO. I'd like to push further out to the flattops if possible.

Also, a ride Saturday down to the X-games would be good. Again, 8:30 depart.

I think I'll split this up into two posts on the board.

Pilot

Rider Workshop-USA

I'm game for another ride today.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.