Quote Originally Posted by neh View Post
Colorado can always use another track. And when you have 12 clubs that already have $850K going towards the developement of their own track, of course they will want to back their own track.

The main thing with genoa is the lack of info on progress. I suppose that is the way they want it.

High Plains Raceway is lacking 2 things and soon it will be pared down to one. The first is the approval of the USR application. When approved that will let CAMA close on the land which is under contract. Second is money, ground breaking won't begin until they have enough to have at least a usable facility. The more money raised the better the comforts(indoor plumbing, etc)
12 clubs? at first i thought someone said CAMA was 4 clubs (1 motorcycle and 3 car), then it was 5 (CAMA clubs), now I hear the new track will be made up of the 5 CAMA clubs plus 3 private investors (but they wont have any rights over the CAMA clubs), if that's right where are the other 4 clubs making 12 in total?

At one stage I thought someone said that they already bought the land, now they still are waiting for another application to be approved before they can close

seems like a little bit a cloak and dagger at times because of all the false (meaning unnoficial) speculation, and yet people like rip on the Genoa project for not disclosing information, crazy huh but hey, I am still new to Colorado and am still trying to figure out how things work around here