Thread: whats better?

Cool whats better?

To buy my rear tire online and have a shop put it on or buy it from the shop? how much does it usually run to swap the old for a new tire if you bring the tire? thanks guys

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: whats better?

Go to TFOG. You cannot go wrong.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guessinthe2000 View Post
    To buy my rear tire online and have a shop put it on or buy it from the shop? how much does it usually run to swap the old for a new tire if you bring the tire? thanks guys
    Give TFOG a call. They were doing a special last month on mounting tires. They also give a CSC discount. I did check prices on line and locally... they were all within about $10 bucks of each other.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

I have a michelin take off set and a bridgestone take off set. Both are in excellent condition. Michelin has 25 practice laps, Bridges have 2 7 lap races. $100 each set. I can also get them mounted for you...pm me.

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Give TFOG a call. They were doing a special last month on mounting tires. They also give a CSC discount. I did check prices on line and locally... they were all within about $10 bucks of each other.

+1
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Better to support a local shop, builds your relationship with them.....

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

TFOG is a really good shop Jim is on top of his game. Also, it will be cheaper to remove the tire when you have a shop do it. Its not hard if you know what your doing. And it gets the you the tire back quicker.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

+1 for TFOG. With the CSC discount, you won't find it much cheaper online and you can't beat the $5 mounting deal he has going on right now. And you are supporting a local business. Yeah, you can save a few bucks buying online here and there but there are times when it's really nice to be able to get something locally and to be able to tap into the vast knowledge and experience of someone like Jim.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson