Thread: Which tire to get?

Which tire to get?

I'm trying to decide between a set of Continental Road Attacks and a set of Metzler Z6s for my '06 VFR. I don't commute. My favorite thing to do on the bike is canyon riding.

Any opinions on which set to get?

Re: Which tire to get?

I just went with Pilot Powers on my 07 VFR, and am VERY pleased ($365 for the pair plus install, $475 for the pair installed at Interstate Honda in Fort Collins, I couldn't say no to that price), I was looking at the pirelli diablos also
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was flyin when I passed you...

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I've never had road attacks, so I can't speak wisely about them, but can say that the z6 is one of the most impressive tires I've owned. Great feel, good grip, good wet weather performance and long life.

s

I have Road Attacks after reading about them on Canyonchasers.net, and talking with the guy who wrote the article. Good turn initiation, and confidence inspiring grip. Talked to one of the techs at Rocky Mtn Kawi who also ran a set; I run them a couple psi higher than the recommended pressures, they seem to wear more evenly or so they say. If you're not commuting why not the softer Sport Attacks?
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Most sport touring tires can handle just about everything you'll do on the street and provide better mileage. Conti's, Metzlers, Pirelli, go with the best deal you can get at TFOG.