Thread: Flood Flood Victims and Red Cross could use some help.

Exclamation Flood Flood Victims and Red Cross could use some help.

Sadly, the Red Cross has run out of funds to assist victims of the midwest flooding that is ripping apart that section of our country. Perhaps you have a few spare coins you can donate: a cutback on beer at a social, skip a cheeseburger or something to help? On behalf of all the folks out there that could use some serious help right now. Thanks.

MSNBC

click here to help
    MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Flood Flood Victims and Red Cross could use some help.

Pilot,

If one wanted to make a donation, how would someone go about doing that?

s

We were talking about this at work yesterday. The Red Cross is borrowing money to continue operations.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    Pilot,

If one wanted to make a donation, how would someone go about doing that?

s
    Thanks for asking. One can click on the link in the picture of the Red Cross and then there are several area to donate. Such as for flood relief, aid to our troops, etc. Also, the RC is always looking for volunteers. BTW, the RC has sent out several job offers to their volunteers. I get them via email. They pay decent and have OK benefits. Plus it is a job of giving a little back.

Anyways, here is the link:

MSF-RiderCoach,TOTAL CONTROL Advanced Riding Clinic-Level 1/Level 2 Instructor

Ricky Orlando Motorcycle School,
    Rider Workshop-USA

Suspension Academy Graduate 1 + 1 = 3
    Writer, 2008 MRA Season Program-Feature Article, "The Colorado Sportbike Club"
    *Mngr., TerraNova Team Racing, MRA #112 Andrew Gillespie, Novice GTU Champion/Rookie of the Year-2007
    Member: AMA
    Red Cross--Disaster Assessment Team Captain, CPR, AED, First Aid, Veteran-USAF-K-9 Handler

now i dont mean to sound uncaring or any thing, i just rember a few years back when my uncal was charged for a blood transfuesion by the red cross. i forgot the excat $$ number the presdint of the red cross makes somthing like $X000000 or more for people giving them funds now im not saying that the people that volunteer should not get paid, but getting paid $X000000 a year on other peoples donations and then saying we dont have enuff funds we can help people any more. id say donate your money to a locale charity there.
    Last edited by codfish124; Thu Jun 19th, 2008 at 01:04 PM. Reason: hope that helps a bit im at work and spellcheck dont work sorry pharmgirl forgot to preread

^^^that made my brain hurt! please hit the spellcheck button (on the right) next time. Maybe a couple periods. Damn!
    CEO, Angry Marmot Motorsports
    07 Passion Red Kawi 650R

now i dont mean to sound uncaring or any thing, i just rember a few years back when my uncal was charged for a blood transfuesion by the red cross. i forgot the excat $$ number the presdint of the red cross makes somthing like $X000000 or more for people giving them funds now im not saying that the people that volunteer should not get paid, but getting paid $X000000 a year on other peoples donations and then saying we dont have enuff funds we can help people any more. id say donate your money to a locale charity there.
    He makes more money than you because he's a heckuva lot smarter than you. Just because people work for a charity doesn't mean they can't make decent money. That is about the dumbest excuse for your own selfishness.

ps. here are some links to the local Red Cross chapters:

In Dubuque - http://www.arcdbq.org/

Indianapolis - http://www.redcross-indy.org/
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

id say desent is $250000 thats what toe presdent of the US makes but over a million and they cant even help people out cause funding? and i give just to locale things like 31 news and the greeley papper