Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aspen for Lunch

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Aspen for Lunch

Hey! --- weren't you those hooligans at the pump in Leadville?

Looks like your ride was a bit dryer than ours

Woody Creek Tavern is good eh?
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post

Yes.

Possibly.

eh...
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Bunch'o motorcycle-ridin' hoodlums...sheesh!

Start

Middle

Finish

Dead last
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

What a day!!!

Can someone please help me find my ass...I think I lost it somewhere back in Leadville (on the second pass). Oh no...wait...oh yeah, there it is...still numb.

Even with the 2-hour'ish detour, I was still home after my appointed time. But, damn what a freakingly awesome day. Great friends...not so bad weather...amazing scenery...and lunch, er strike that, late lunch (early dinner) was worth it.

I didn't keep track of milage on my trip meter, but am guessing it was a total of 514 miles round-trip. Got a total of 10,347 miles on the Zed since getting it in late October with 2800 miles on it. Yep, it's still fun to ride.

You can't beat a ride, no matter how gruelingly long where there were no tickets, no crashes, and no blow-outs. Yeah baby!!!
    Last edited by mtnairlover; Mon Jul 7th, 2008 at 09:34 AM.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post

I guess "dry" is all relative.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    I didn't keep track of milage on my trip meter, but am guessing it was a total of 514 miles round-trip. Got a total of 10,347 miles on the Zed since getting it in late October with 2800 miles on it. Yep, it's still fun to ride.
    I remeasured it on my copy of Streets & Trips, it was 512mi door to door for me. Too bad we didn't document it, gotta be an aluminum butt award in there somewhere.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    I remeasured it on my copy of Streets & Trips, it was 512mi door to door for me. Too bad we didn't document it, gotta be an aluminum butt award in there somewhere.

How about "numb butt"?

So, add the extra 40 some odd miles (both ways) for me coming from Loveland and it was over 550 miles for me. Heck, so for Sy coming from Greeley, it was close to 600.

Bunch'o motorcycle ridin' nuts!

Shannon actually got the entire mileage on her odometer. It was 4-something. But yeah, it was a lot. Good times.

I happen to like the longer rides and am thinking about the next one. Guess I'll have to get out the dartboard and map ...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post

..Bunch'o motorcycle ridin' numb-nuts!
    Fixed that for some of us. Ow! Parked the bike in the garage and haven't even looked at it since.
    Last edited by asp_125; Tue Jul 8th, 2008 at 10:56 AM.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Talking Re: Aspen for Lunch

For those of us coming from Aurora, my official mileage for the day was 461....those of you from the north were easily in the 500+ range.

Wow...I can't believe how pissed off I look in most of those pictures! Believe it or not, I actually did have a great time! Lots of firsts for me. Thank you again to all of those that had to put up with riding behind me, especially in the rain and/or on the pass. And thank you to Jason for putting this ride together. I may be sore and sunburnt but it was worth it!
    "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."
    - Unknown

"You can't fix stupid with a reboot..."
    - K. Moore

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Fixed that for some of us. Ow! Parked the bike in the garage and haven't even looked at it since.
    Geesh! I've ridden to work both yesterday and today and plan on riding to Boston's tonight.

My Mexico trip was 8 days like Sunday. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by shadigirl View Post
    For those of us coming from Aurora, my official mileage for the day was 461....those of you from the north were easily in the 500+ range.

Wow...I can't believe how pissed off I look in most of those pictures! Believe it or not, I actually did have a great time! Lots of firsts for me. Thank you again to all of those that had to put up with riding behind me, especially in the rain and/or on the pass. And thank you to Jason for putting this ride together. I may be sore and sunburnt but it was worth it!
    I'm glad you had a good time. That's all it takes to make ya wanna ride more and more. You've got the right attitude, so you're on the right track.

I've been riding 3 years, as well, but without having to deal with a broken arm in between. I think you'll find yourself in front of groups as time and miles add up.

Oh and Jeff, I'm gonna do another long ride on Thursday, but North this time. Should be maybe around 400 miles...give or take.