Thread: When to Ride the Wife??

When to Ride the Wife??

So how long had YOU been riding before you decided you could ride 2^ and how long would you recomend for a Newb??

Lol has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".

Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles...

R.I.P. Les Paul

Re: When to Ride the Wife??

If you need to ask when to ride your wife...

(... ride her whenever she wants. )
    Last edited by Aracheon; Sat Jul 5th, 2008 at 06:13 AM.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Aracheon View Post

Key word being SHE.............all you hubies know what I'm talking about.

Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles...

R.I.P. Les Paul

yeah, i think all us hubbies definitely know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    and you did it!

the rest of us were just thinking it.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalineaddiction24

01 zx9r
    99 r6 (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerves View Post
    So how long had YOU been riding before you decided you could ride 2^ and how long would you recomend for a Newb??
    I had been "riding" by myself for a couple years before I decided to let my gf try. She had already been riding with some other guy so knew how to do it. I didn't have to convince her, she wanted to. She also rode by herself before as well though.

Once you are confident in your skills, you should try to go on a short ride and see how she likes it, then go for longer rides. But no funny business, if you do some weird stuff on the first or second rides, you might scare her away from riding and then you will have to do it by yourself forever. And that isn't nearly as fun as having her do it with you. GFs are usually willing to be more risky than wives, but at this point, I guess that isn't an option for you. Or is it?

Riding with a passenger is good way to see how smooth you are as well. If her helmet bumps into the back of yours then its your fault as the driver in most cases. You have to be super smooth with the shifting and bracking.
    I would also recommend you give her a small block of instruction if she has never been on the back of a bike before. How to lean with you into the corners (and not move around) and how to get on and off the bike are the big things. I watched a Hardly passenger dump the bike because the driver wasnt ready for her when 'she was ready' to get off.
    I personally find riding two up a lot harder because I am concentrating so much on making the ride more enjoyable for her and the extra responsibility that comes with carring a passenger.
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

I personally would rather buy my wife a bike and keep mine mono(and she would too). Then again my special exhaust system prohibits passenger pegs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by elbromisto View Post
    I personally would rather buy my wife a bike and keep mine mono(and she would too). Then again my special exhaust system prohibits passenger pegs anyway.
    Thats the plan, next spring. This season however.................

R.I.P. Les Paul

I have been riding for almost two years and I have been taking my girlfriend out for rides. I slow down a lot from where I normally ride. That isn't so bad because I actually get enjoy the scenery.

She does fine back there and it is amazing how her wiggling around makes the bike move. She really enjoys it though.

She and I did practice panic braking from 40-0. That was interesting to experience and we are both glad we did it. I wanted her to be prepared for it. And I was wondering how the bike would act stopping the extra 110lbs. The amount of front end dive was surprising.

The last quick ride we did was up Lookout Mountain. All of the switchbacks were fun riding two up.

James

Quote Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post

She does fine back there and it is amazing how her wiggling around makes the bike move. She really enjoys it though.
    OMG... What an easy joke. I won't do it.

R.I.P. Les Paul

Account Deactivated at users request

I've been riding my girlfriend for a while on the back of my bike. It depends on your comfort level and how well you ride. I am more worried about other people on the road endangering us than I am of me doing something stupid. What bike are you on?

It takes a bit of work at first. Just make her understand not to make any drastic moves when you corner. Only thing you will notice right off the bat is the take off from first gear. But once you get the hang of it, good times!!! She will want you to take her everywhere on that bike. But dont be a show off and speed around because she will lose her confidence in you. Wish I was still in Denver, out here in a small town called Muskogee, OK it is damm boring. Will be back soon though....... GL

Quote Originally Posted by Nerves View Post
    OMG... What an easy joke. I won't do it.
    Dude this post is filled with them.. for example

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    She had already been riding with some other guy so knew how to do it. I didn't have to convince her, she wanted to.
    SEE!!!
    It's a celebration bitches!!! - RIP 502

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer

My wife and I have been riding 2up for the last four years. The best advice I have is to get on a track like IMI where you can practive all kinds of things without the risk of traffic and other things you might find on the street. I would try to get out there during the week so that you wouldn't have to compete with other bikes on the track.

I love riding 2up, and I really miss having her on the back of the bike when she can't ride. The feeling of leaning off the bike together is amazing, and the bond that you build with your rider is really something cool.

I hate riding people.. The exact reason i took my pegs off and put the cowl on. No more drunk girls asking for rides...

I have only been riding a little over two months in my life (~4100 miles) and I just gave a friend of mine rides all over town the last couple of days. It's not that bad. Starting is harder, but stopping is where I notice the biggest difference. Make sure you brief your passenger what to do. Any movements on their end will cause the bike to move. The only complaints she had was when I was turning in water one time and the fact that my passenger seat is too hard to ride on. She also said she was screaming "slow down," but I couldn't hear her when she was.
    "6 pairs of kicks is my definition of 12 steps"

Quote Originally Posted by Aracheon View Post

yeah---what he said!!.
    jk dude.
    start slow and get her to feel you and the bike.
    she'll either learn to love it or hate it.
    the biggest complaint I get from mine is that the vibrations are not as good as on a hog.
    be nice till it's time to no longer be nice

The nice thing about riding a passenger is that when you are at full lean you can go WOT without fear of bobble or highside. At least on a 600.

Quote Originally Posted by Mort82 View Post
    The nice thing about riding a passenger is that when you are at full lean you can go WOT without fear of bobble or highside. At least on a 600.
    Really not the best advice to give a noob, ya think?

I just started riding a friend and I think it is a kick in the ass, I haven't had someone 2 up for years but I like it. Doesn't hurt that she had previous exp. and is very petite
    Last edited by Bueller; Mon Jul 7th, 2008 at 04:32 PM.

One other thing I forgot:

Your manhood is going to get crunched on the tank. That's the only part that sucks.
    "6 pairs of kicks is my definition of 12 steps"

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Really not the best advice to give a noob, ya think?

I just started riding a friend and I think it is a kick in the ass, I haven't had someone 2 up for years but I like it. Doesn't hurt that she had previous exp. and is very petite
    No, not the best advice for a n00b, just stating an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmofo View Post
    One other thing I forgot:

Your manhood is going to get crunched on the tank. That's the only part that sucks.
    Stomp grips.

Quote Originally Posted by highpsi03 View Post
    I hate riding people.. The exact reason i took my pegs off and put the cowl on. No more drunk girls asking for rides...
    Wow, I never thought I would hear a man say that...."Dude, Don't you want to be that mistake?"