Thread: 2008 Annual CSC BBQ! Saturday August 2nd

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Arrow 2008 Annual CSC BBQ! Saturday August 2nd

It's time once again for the Annual CSC BBQ!!

Edit: Click here to let us know if you'll be attending!

When: Saturday August 2nd, starting around 11:00 AM. Goes till we're done (usually around 6)
    Where: Clement Park in Littleton (directions below)
    What: The grill will be going with burgers and dogs, you're welcome to bring other stuff to grill if you like
    Who: Family is welcome, and this is kid/dog friendly (pets and some kids must be leashed!)

Every year we seem to get even more people! This will be a lot of fun, don't miss it!

How Do I Get There?
    From Wadsworth and Bowles, go East on Bowles half a mile to the park entrance by the library (at W. Long Dr.) Follow the road up and around the back of the library and through the parking lot towards the skate park. We will have the same shelter as last year; paved parking is available next to the picnic site, and we'll have the CSC banners up for the directionally-challenged.

What Can I Bring? How Can I Help?
    We need food, obviously. We'll supply the dogs, burgers, buns, and some basic condiments; beyond that we need everyone to step up and bring a side dish, pop, dessert, or whatever! We've had some great smoked brisket, soups & salads in the past - keep it up! Post up and let us know what you're going to bring - we'll keep an updated list lower down in this post. If you decide to come at the last minute and can't bring any food, cash donations are welcome... you can also call me (@ 303-478-8801) to see if we need anything.

If you have a pop-up or easily assembled canopy and can bring that, let us know. The extra shade has come in handy in the past. Same with chairs, that sort of thing.

Volleyball net? Football? Frisbee? Other "park" activities? Bring it!

Can I Bring My Friends Who Aren't CSC Members?
    You can, but please remember this is a CSC function. We do ask that they contribute to the food somehow, it's cool if they come but not cool if they show up en masse and eat a bunch of food when everyone else brought some.

How Do I Bring Food and Ride?
    If you're planning on riding to the picnic, either strap it on real good, or pass it off to someone who is driving. We'll start a list of cagers below who can take stuff there for people. If you do go this route, please don't expect them to pick it up from your house - you need to make arrangements to get it wherever it needs to be.

Who's Bringing What:
    This is a list of who is bringing what food/drink/etc:
    1. Bob (Spiderman) - Burgers, dogs, buns, condiments, plates, napkins, utensils, etc.
    2. Dana & Linda (Devaclis & Sweetie Pie) - homemade dips, watermelon, bottled water, vitamin water
    3. Tipys - TBD
    4. Brandon (Barn) - Keg of Beer ... frisbee and a baseball glove or two
    5. Terri (64BonnieLass) - Zesty Pasta Salad
    6. Chris (MetaLord 9) - pico (if we're all lucky ) & a soccer ball
    7. Jeff (Sortarican) - a side dish or some smoked game meat, salmon, etc.
    8. Brian (McVaaahhh) - Beer (going halfers on the keg with Barn)
    9. Timmay - Canopies & chairs
    10. Ralph & Donna (rforsythe & Dizzy D) - Smoked pork loin
    11. John (Mother Goose) Chadwick - pasta salad
    12. REPSOLSASH - Oranges & Yeager
    13. Horsman - himself (aka: Lawn Dart Goalie)
    14. Sully - pasta or potato salad, name tags and a sharpie, & volleyball and softballs (in case anyone wants to toss them around - just bring your glove).
    15. Mel - Foods
    16. Lindsay (inkahootz) - Polish Diltes, tomatoes, pickles, lettuce and onions (and maybe/hopefully some bacon)
    17. shahiran - sodas & water
    18. CHRISTIAN COWBOY - mashed potatoes garnished with, ummm, pocket lint?!?
    19. John (FZRguy, aka Low Mileage) - baked beans (lots of em!)
    20. rapparee - fresh fruit, water and Guinness
    21. Tamira (LadyT) - beverages and chips
    22. Matt (mclarke) - plastic cups for beer
    23. GixxerCarrie - nametags a sharpie or two
    24. merlotSV - some chips or other side dish that is easily stuffed in a jacket
    25. ShinySideUp - cookies
    26. Brandi (ToxicGirl) - green chile and rellenos
    .......What can you bring?

Who is Caging It and Transporting Food for People?
    This will help those of you on bikes arrange a cage to get your baked beans or whatever to the picnic. If you can volunteer please post up, but include your general location! Expect some people to PM you asking for your services. If you need food brought for you, PM one of these people.

1. Bob (Spiderman) - coming from Parker (Jordan & E-470)
    2. Brandon (Barn) - coming from Brighton
    3. Ralph & Donna (rforsythe & Dizzy D) - coming from S. Denver (near Colorado & I-25)
    4. Jon (Player 2) - coming from Arvada
    5. Timmay - coming from County Line & Quebec area
    6. John (Mother Goose) Chadwick - downtownish (Denver)
    7. Mel - From Highlands Ranch (because she can't ride a fucking bike)
    .......Who else can help?

SEE YOU THERE!!
    Last edited by Spiderman; Thu Jul 31st, 2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Updating lists
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.