Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC late summer newb ride

Re: CSC late summer newb ride

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I know.. I'm such a slow poke It's really hard for me to keep up, but I'll do my bestest!!
    Sully can ride sweep. As in, how bout riding ahead and sweep .. for cops...
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

I won't be playing rabbit !!! .. lol
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I won't be playing rabbit !!! .. lol
    i feel you.... trust me!
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

OK so the route is almost finalized. For the MoCo group, there will be a short section of multi lane 55mph, any n00bs not comfy with that?
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Wooo Hooo - time to lead again with the Vespa!!!! I'm In!!!

If you want to lead with the Vespa that's cool.

It looks like there'll be a group from north-central meeting Cathy in Lyons, awesome! I've updated the first post.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

I'm in. Been out of town a lot this season, but I'm ready to get back to it. I can sweep if needed.
    05 Yamaha FZ6

Hi another Boulder nOOb here that will be meeting y'all
    @ the Diamond Shamrock in Lyons Sunday the 10th.
    This should be fun meeting and ridin' w/ everyone.
    Redhair...Black Leather...my favourite colour schemes

Feeling so good I'm gonna break someone's heart tonite

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    MRA is racing that weekend, so I'm out...Sorry guys (and gals)
    Well at least you're doing your speed riding in the safety of a closed course!

Account Deactivated at users request

I can play Guinea Pig out front. I might be staying the night in Glenwood Springs so we'll see if I can roll out with the NorCo people.

I'll be there.. Hopefully some of the knoobs will get rid of their chicken strips

Quote Originally Posted by highpsi03 View Post
    I'll be there.. Hopefully some of the knoobs will get rid of their chicken strips
    Not that kind of ride. It's slow, speed limit to 5/10 over. More to get a little more used to canyon riding.

I may be in, doesn't look like I'll be able to sneak away for the whole weekend to Pueblo. If so I can lead/sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Not that kind of ride. It's slow, speed limit to 5/10 over. More to get a little more used to canyon riding.

I may be in, doesn't look like I'll be able to sneak away for the whole weekend to Pueblo. If so I can lead/sweep.
    O it wont be like our ride last night? Lol.

I'm in, but I'll point out that I'm exceptionally so if you need another sweep, or more realistically someone to sweep the sweeps, I'm your guy.

Quote Originally Posted by will-t View Post
    I'm in, but I'll point out that I'm exceptionally so if you need another sweep, or more realistically someone to sweep the sweeps, I'm your guy.
    Usually the faster guys speed behind to make sure that everyone is ok.. So being the you are you need to be in the front to mid

Quote Originally Posted by highpsi03 View Post
    Usually the faster guys speed behind to make sure that everyone is ok.. So being the you are you need to be in the front to mid
    There's really no point having anyone behind me, unless they want to be really bored.

I make a great caboose. When I pull in, it's a great indication that no one is back on the road behind me.

We'll work out the sweeps & leads when we start up. There will probably be a fast group, a medium group (maybe faster folks new to colorado & the CSC), and then a slow group of folks newer to canyons and newer to riding (probably a year or less). If you wanna go fast there's a group for you, if you wanna kill some chx strips there's probby a group for you. The focus, tho, will be on the newer folks & getting them used canyons and group riding. So if you want to go fast, please do not volunteer to ride sweep as you'll only get frustrated.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by will-t View Post
    There's really no point having anyone behind me, unless they want to be really bored.

I make a great caboose. When I pull in, it's a great indication that no one is back on the road behind me.
    Lol...ok we get it hahaha, what are you riding anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    We'll work out the sweeps & leads when we start up. There will probably be a fast group, a medium group (maybe faster folks new to colorado & the CSC), and then a slow group of folks newer to canyons and newer to riding (probably a year or less). If you wanna go fast there's a group for you, if you wanna kill some chx strips there's probby a group for you. The focus, tho, will be on the newer folks & getting them used canyons and group riding. So if you want to go fast, please do not volunteer to ride sweep as you'll only get frustrated.
    Please read the first post in this thread, Cathy and I will be focusing the ride on the newer folks. If you want to ride faster go on ahead in your own group, and meet up with us in Nederland. The n00b ride will be slow. kthxbye
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Please read the first post in this thread, Cathy and I will be focusing the ride on the newer folks. If you want to ride faster go on ahead in your own group, and meet up with us in Nederland. The n00b ride will be slow. kthxbye
    Hey Jeff. My new place is equally far from both starting points. I think I may just head straight to Nederland--spiritedly--via CC or GG and do a post n00b ride with you after we have some Kathmandu lunch buffet.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Check this out!!!

Counting down to the newb ride and thought I'd share something with everyone...actually, what I found isn't hard to find at all, since it's a link on this website. But, unless you are looking, you'd never know it was there.

Wanna know some things before joining us on the newb ride, or just want a quick refresher...or, maybe you haven't read "The Pace" or it's been a long time since you have read it? Either way, click the link and check out the rules and then read "The Pace" if you are curious.

We'll cover all this stuff before we ride on Sunday, but it's a good heads-up.

See ya.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    kinda the point I was making...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!! I'll be at MoCo - Look for me with the flat black Duc. There's 3 different start points so I hope at least a couple of you lead/sweep volunteers will be at MoCo.

I think everyone who volunteered have been PM'd the route. Lemme know if you did not get the link. (subject to minor last minute revisions on the day of)

Sounds like a big group heading out of Lyons. Let'see if the MoCo group can match.

-Jeff
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

I'll be at Moco
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]