Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual Sport Ride Colorado Springs

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Dual Sport Ride Colorado Springs

Looking at a dual sport ride out of the Springs this Saturday or Sunday.
    Don't really know how many of you sportbikers cross ride onto street legal dirt. I have done this ride a few times this year and will eat up the better part of a day.Leave the Springs mid morning to let the hills warm up a bit.

Head straight west up Old Stage to Gold Camp.

Gold Camp into Victor and then over to Cripple Creek.

Cripple Creek to Canyon City via Shelf Road.

Lunch in Canyon City and then back up into Victor via Phantom Canyon Rd.

Back down into C Springs the way we came in,Gold Camp/Old Stage Rd.

My wife will be going so there is really nothing tough and or unusally challenging. Mostly graded dirt with a bit of asphalt. The aspens are about to start changing and this is more or less a scouting trip.

Let me know. I know one rider has a new bike and we need to break it in proper.

OK peeps, it looks like Saturday is the day.
    Meet @ the....

Western Omlette
    16 South Walnut

This is basicly Colorado and Walnut

10:00 AM for some good greasy food
    11:00 AM wheels are roll'in.

if you guys don't mind one little tough section
    we can roll over the tunnel on Gold Camp or
    go around to Old Stage Road. We can decide
    in the morning. See you suck'as then.

Peace Bash
    Last edited by Bashed; Thu Sep 11th, 2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Edited for meeting time and place
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Re: Dual Sport Ride Colorado Springs

I'll be up for every dual sport ride next spring once i have my Husky

I gotta clear it with my people.

The DR-z wants in, but this sounds like GS turf.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Now what?

Whatever you damn well feel like.
    Proud pilot of the one and only 1994 Kaw EX500 "Failstrom" adventure-mo-dealie!

IBA# 20672

wate just a doggon minnit

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    My wife will be going so there is really nothing tough and or unusally challenging. Mostly graded dirt with a bit of asphalt. The aspens are about to start changing and this is more or less a scouting trip.
    Hey, this kind of post should be somewhere else. It's clearly not SoCO enough to be in Regional. It can't be Trips & Touring since it's not an overnighter. I have to argue against "carving" when it comes to dirt and especially if you're going to refer to it as a "scouting" dealie.

Moderators! Move this thread immediately. It clearly belongs to another sector where people meet & mosey about in a social way.

better yet... DUAL SPORT SCOUTING DEALIE SUB-FORUM NOW!
    Now what?

IBA# 20672

But really being on dirt you doing more craving of the canyons then any sport bike does. other then the ones that feel they need to do a little off roading
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

PharmerKyle, you are such a rebel.
    This is an interesting thing though as it really
    has no place anywhere. I like your thinking on it's own forum.
    Lets take that one more and give it it's own web site.
    I move for a new site for this thread!

Peace Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

ADVRIDER.COM in the Rockies section...

I move for a new site for this thread!
    Yes, clearly you need to post this on the FTA, MHM, RR and other forums.

I will do my part by making a flyer to staple to my one emplyee that hangs out at the Shell. Gotta get the word out...

Has Mental even answered this thing yet????

I apologize if I'm speaking out of turn. I still need to get with my people on this.
    Now what?

IBA# 20672

Count me in.....Where is mental and his new ride?

Quote Originally Posted by zetaetatheta View Post
    Count me in.....Where is mental and his new ride?

Thats who I was refering to.

Mentalllll, OH Mentalllll!!!

Come out to play.
    Last edited by Bashed; Wed Sep 10th, 2008 at 08:30 PM.

a specific position or point in physical space

Don't forget the (belongs in another forum...I know) social event that we are having on Sunday...the Indianapolis GP...1pm...races and food...

Ciao,
    Drift
    9/7 MotoGP Fan
    "Four wheels move the body...Two wheels move the soul"

http://www.lubedealer.com/otg_oil_lube

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    Don't forget the (belongs in another forum...I know) social event that we are having on Sunday...the Indianapolis GP...1pm...races and food...

Ciao,
    Drift

Good looking out there Drift!

Looks like this is on for Saturday people.

Or we leave early on Sunday to be back in time for the social event.

The GS got borrowed as a part donor. I should get it back tonight, but it depends on replacement part arrival. We had to get a traveller back on the road.

The DR-z has a headache andit might rain... and WHERE THE HEKK IZ MENTAL?
    Now what?

IBA# 20672

Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    The GS got borrowed as a part donor. I should get it back tonight, but it depends on replacement part arrival. We had to get a traveller back on the road.

The DR-z has a headache andit might rain... and WHERE THE HEKK IZ MENTAL?

Soooooo, does that mean you are a lock for in?
    I went by your place of employment yesterday
    and the DRZ just looked pissed off out there by
    itself. No doubt it has a headache. It is not made
    of sugar though so it will not dissolve in the rain.
    I don't care what it keeps telling you.

PMing Mental.

Got he PM, I'm in. Thanks for the heads up! I vote Saturday so we don't misses Drift's Moto GP party

But I would aurgue we need an ADV section.
    If only I knew a moderator...you know, someone who could be bribed with energy drinks....
    Last edited by Mental; Thu Sep 11th, 2008 at 11:46 AM.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Yup it only took you 3 days to see it. And there is a mod that we can bride with enrgy drinks. WTF
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

OK peeps, it looks like Saturday is the day.
    Meet @ the....

Western Omlette
    16 South Walnut

This is basicly Colorado and Walnut

10:00 AM for some good greasy food
    11:00 AM wheels are roll'in.

if you guys don't mind one little tough section
    we can roll over the tunnel on Gold Camp or
    go around to Old Stage Road. We can decide
    in the morning. See you suck'as then.

Peace Bash
    Last edited by Bashed; Thu Sep 11th, 2008 at 04:45 PM.

Meh, I've been stalked by worse than you...

Soooooo, does that mean you are a lock for in?
    My people finally got together and had a meeting.

I'm IN!

...she's not.

"I'd be more than willing to dabble on the DR-z a little bit, but that whole day up and back crap's just too much for my n00b ass." - PharmaWife

In other words, she doesn't think Chrissy's thought this through.
    Now what?

IBA# 20672

This is how Da South Side does Tounge Piercing.

Re: Meh, I've been stalked by worse than you...

In other words, she doesn't think Chrissy's thought this through.
    Oh Krissy was sayin HELL NO!!!!! after she read this thread and asked Mr Bash "I'm goin???????"

Seeing as how I have been on a self proclaimed strike around the house, Bash crossed the picket line last night and said he was going to do laundry which frankly scares the hell outta me so I am out for this adventure because I must reclaim my domestic side
    One time I got stopped for speeding on the Colordo Utah boarder
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

Cluckity whaaa??? ...hey look, an LOL smilie!

Quote Originally Posted by 636Chick View Post
    ... so I am out for this adventure because I must reclaim my domestic side
    Bawk b'gawk much???

Now what?

IBA# 20672

This is how Da South Side does Tounge Piercing.

Re: Cluckity whaaa??? ...hey look, an LOL smilie!

Bawk b'gawk much???

Alway's!!!!!!!!

Uhmmm have you met my husband............?????????

Attachment 9324
    One time I got stopped for speeding on the Colordo Utah boarder
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

I am 90% on this one...bringing the DR, should be fun. Don't wait for me if I am not there. I hate waiting for that "one more guy should be here". What is the exit i need to take going southbound on I-25? I tried to map quest it and it didn't help at all. I am coming from Littleton if anyone from the Denver south wants to meet up and ride down together.
    13 BMW F800GS, 01 Suzuki DRZ 400S
    "It's not about the destination. It's about the ride"
    www.colorado2wheels.com

The new exhaust, it sounds good...

13 BMW F800GS, 01 Suzuki DRZ 400S
    "It's not about the destination. It's about the ride"
    www.colorado2wheels.com

Quote Originally Posted by gregs04wrx View Post
    I am 90% on this one...bringing the DR, should be fun. Don't wait for me if I am not there. I hate waiting for that "one more guy should be here". What is the exit i need to take going southbound on I-25? I tried to map quest it and it didn't help at all. I am coming from Littleton if anyone from the Denver south wants to meet up and ride down together.

You will need to get off @ the Bijou St. exit.
    Head west or right till you get to Spruce St.
    Head left or South and it will be on the right,
    just before you get to Colorado. See you then.

peace Bash

anyone know if the crossing on shelf road is flooded?
    Now what?

IBA# 20672