Thread: Hey OKD, all the cool kids are doing it...

Hey OKD, all the cool kids are doing it...

GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Re: Hey OKD, all the cool kids are doing it...

Cold....

simply

I got the old 79 KZ-1300 out of the corner of the garage and moved it down to the basement to get it going again..

AND... this is BIG NEWS...

Ducati called today and admitted that the Rapid Bike was not the cause of the failure on my bike and said that they would warranty it.

Problem is, it is being build at the Ducshop with other than stock Ducati parts.

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldKneeDragger View Post
    Cold....

simply

I got the old 79 KZ-1300 out of the corner of the garage and moved it down to the basement to get it going again..

AND... this is BIG NEWS...

Ducati called today and admitted that the Rapid Bike was not the cause of the failure on my bike and said that they would warranty it.

Problem is, it is being build at the Ducshop with other than stock Ducati parts.
    No problem for you, it seems that they now have a really big problem.
    That is still probably cheaper than thier rebuild using thier stock parts.
    Tell them to just pay your bill there and you won't sue the living shit out of them.
    No problem.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Quote Originally Posted by OldKneeDragger View Post

Damn it took them long enough,and at least they decided to do the right thing. But then again a couple months late and many dollars short!
    Bashed Bikes, Fat Kids Inc., JDH Welding /Mental made me follow him into that corner... And then he followed me down that hill and then Dallas followed too!

I hope that Ducati comes through (for a change). To me this is much more than simply paying the repair bill. Consider the following:

1) Bike failed in the spring, it's now fall. I missed an entire riding season.
    2) The bike has depreciated substantially while I was unable to enjoy it.
    3) I've spent $thousands on getting it back together again.
    4) Having suffered a major failure on the flagship Ducati, I want more than stock.
    5) The 1098 is old stuff now, 2009 offers the 1198.

I'll wear my special T-Shirt and show you my business cards that I was passing out at Indy tomorrow. After all, it is what got them to reconsider.

see: http://www.ducati-lies.com

Ron, that is great news, but I would say that really deserves its own thread. A lot of folks on this board are pulling for you and may not see this.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Ron, Since they admitted the mistake and you now have an old bike you never really got to enjoy, just ask them to send you one of them 1198's in return for the 1098. You just want to return a defective unit for a newer better model, simple. Ok, just dreaming here.....but that would be really cool!

Glad to hear Ron hope to hear about this tonight.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

My new (well OK its a 90 )Suzuki DR 350 dual sport! I have to do a litle electrical work but it should be going by next weekend.
    Bashed Bikes, Fat Kids Inc., JDH Welding /Mental made me follow him into that corner... And then he followed me down that hill and then Dallas followed too!

Oh my God that thing is fugly.
    It is perfect for around here.
    If you need some help let me know.
    I think Im going to take Juan out for
    a little DS on Sunday if you can get
    it going by then.
    Peace Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Can I come...huh...can I can I ?!?!?!?!

Well, as a fellow Duc rider I hope everything works out for ya OKD!

"i AbDuCt TwIsTiEs"

2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S (Black)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Tarded out yo! lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    Can I come...huh...can I can I ?!?!?!?!

By all means Mental. I think we might have a good sized group for this event.
    GSXR scott
    mental
    zethethwhatever
    yamacatibob
    juan
    pharmerkyle?
    myself
    I did a little prerunning this afternoon.
    You guys are going to love it!

Got the DR fired off this morning, first time it has run in two years. I replaced the motor for the guy last summer and he didn't know how to hook up the electrical (newer motor dual pick up coils from a single pickup coil) did that this morning and vroom!!! I will be putting the Scott touches to it tomorrow and giving it the break in on Sunday with you guys. Time to get dirty!!

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrscott View Post
    ... I will be putting the Scott touches to it tomorrow...
    Painting it like "My Little Pony" and adding handlebar streamers?

The top 10 excuses list

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    By all means Mental. I think we might have a good sized group for this event.
    GSXR scott
    mental
    zethethwhatever
    yamacatibob
    juan
    pharmerkyle?
    myself
    I did a little prerunning this afternoon.

You guys are going to love it!
    1. DR-z's still weeping coolant
    2. Failey's leaking fuel
    3. Need to install case guards on DR-z
    4. Boots smell funny- checking foir dead mice
    5. GS is too big for the tunnel section
    6. Spent all my cash on the Mickeyboat last week
    7. Sarah Palin scares the hell out of me
    8. Church tomorrow
    9. The sun's in my eyes
    10. I'm going to suspend my DS riding to work on the Economic Crisis!
    Last edited by PharmerKyle; Sat Sep 27th, 2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: wasn't done yet
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Now what?

Whatever you damn well feel like.
    Proud pilot of the one and only 1994 Kaw EX500 "Failstrom" adventure-mo-dealie!

IBA# 20672

OK boys and girls, meet @ the
    Garden of the Gods visitor center
    @ 9:00AM. We will start this adventure
    by scaringthe hell out of the tourists.
    should be good for a laugh or two.
    No tunnels to go over on this trip.
    Should be back by about 3:00PM
    or so.Bring your lunch and gas $.
    Your gonna need it.
    Peace Bash

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    Painting it like "My Little Pony" and adding handlebar streamers?
    Well this is the progress so far, but I went with bark busters instead of streamers. lol

nice suzuki man. enjoy that bike!

Hell Brat, you know me, I enjoy ALL of my bikes!