Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where have I been?

Where have I been?

In case everyone hadn't heard, I was involved in a motorcycle accident on August 26th, 2008. I've been in the hospital since. I was in critical condition at Denver General for 11 days, and I'm now at Craig Hospital, the premier hospital for those rehabilitating from spinal cord injuries. The City of Denver Police currently believe the cause of the accident was manfacturer defect, but they're not certain just yet. Either way, I'm now paralyzed from the nipples down. That's right - I rode my Ducati Monster S4R for 3 months and am now paralyzed for life. Saving grace: if I hadn't been wearing my helmet, I would certainly have died. The damage to the Scorpion helmet was extensive.

Safe riding everyone, and SHINY SIDE UP. Otherwise, you'll be like me... or worse.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Re: New Member introductions

Oh no.. .... I am sooo sorry to hear this .... Do you have family here ?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Re: Where have I been?

Quote Originally Posted by prakarp View Post
    Either way, I'm now paralyzed from the nipples down. That's right - I rode my Ducati Monster S4R for 3 months and am now paralyzed for life. Saving grace: if I hadn't been wearing my helmet, I would certainly have died. The damage to the Scorpion helmet was extensive.

I'm speechless. Is there anything you need? Anything we can do?
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Oh no.. .... I am sooo sorry to hear this .... Do you have family here ?
    no but my mom has flown up from Texas to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post

I'm speechless. Is there anything you need? Anything we can do?
    no ... Unless you have a magic wand!

In case everyone hadn't heard, I was involved in a motorcycle accident on August 26th, 2008. I've been in the hospital since. I was in critical condition at Denver General for 11 days, and I'm now at Craig Hospital, the premier hospital for those rehabilitating from spinal cord injuries. The City of Denver Police currently believe the cause of the accident was manfacturer defect, but they're not certain just yet. Either way, I'm now paralyzed from the nipples down. That's right - I rode my Ducati Monster S4R for 3 months and am now paralyzed for life. Saving grace: if I hadn't been wearing my helmet, I would certainly have died. The damage to the Scorpion helmet was extensive.

Safe riding everyone, and SHINY SIDE UP. Otherwise, you'll be like me... or worse.
    This is truly sad and I wish you a speedy and 100% recovery. Please keep your spirit up! I would recommend also starting this in its own thread to keep those that care about you on the board updated on your progress and your needs. My prayers are with you.
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend, let us know if you need anything at all, even if its just good company. Keep your head up and your heart strong, you are still on this earth for a reason.

Best wishes my friend.

Cesar
    For My Diavan

prakarp, really sorry to hear this. Even though we've never meet, know that you have friends here. Very sorry to hear of the accident and hope only the best for you. For whatever recovery lies ahead of you, we all hope it's nothing short of the best. Keep your chin up

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

no ... Unless you have a magic wand!
    I don't...but, every now and then, I think I'm that little girl again who believes in magic.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

words cant express. I'll be praying for you.
    Red and Black, 08 CBR600RR.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter gtn's Avatar

In case everyone hadn't heard, I was involved in a motorcycle accident...
    I'm so sorry. You have my hopes.
    Gary
    08 CBR1000rr - Candy Dark Red/Metallic Silver

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Prakarp,

I'm sorry to hear about your accident & injuries... I just read your post in the New Members thread, and decided to split it off into its own topic. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask - the CSC family is always willing to help.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I spoke with Chris the other day by phone and will be going to visit sometime soon.

For those who hadn't met him, he's a great guy that I met at one of the Brothers events that Youngblood sponsored. He had just sold his car and replaced it with the bike, going nothing but two for the summer.

Chris, I was sad to hear of your accident, and hope you have a speedy recovery. I'll see you soon.

Scott

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Chris,

I am sorry to hear about your accident, but grateful that it wasn't any worse than it was. I wish you a speedy recovery into a "normal" life (at least out of the hospital).

There's lots of good folks here, and if you need anything (even if it's just a visit from someone) don't hesitate to give a shout on the board.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I wish you the very best in things to come, Chris.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm sorry about your accident and injuries. I hope that you have a speedy and full recovery.

Well wishes to you, sorry about your injuries. So any more information on the Manufacture Defect? Or has your lawyer told you not to comment on it?

You do have a lawyer?
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Oh. My. God.

Dude, weren't we JUST talking about that fucking bike the last time I say you?

You have my prayers and my thoughts. You also have PM.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Hang in there. I wish you the best.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

This is terrible news and I am so sorry about what happened. I will be keeping you in my prayers and I am with everyone else on here....if you need anything dont hesitate to ask!!!!!!
    Silly Boys Gixxers Are For Girls!!!

To the friends that I have lost Bryan, Kris, Thor, Matt, Nick, and Gene you will never be forgotten! I love you!

myspace.com/gsxr_lover_t

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Don't know you, but sorry to hear about these tragic events. I wish you the very best in your recovery and in life.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

wow..... so sorry man. keep your head up.

sent you a pm.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Very, very sorry to hear this bro, hang in there.
    Rest assured you are in the best of hands at Craig.
    Last edited by SamuraiX; Sat Oct 4th, 2008 at 07:23 AM.

Chris, I'm not sure if I met you at the Brothers BBQ event but either way my prayers are with you and your recovery. I know there are no magic words to make you feel better, and saying sorry is short of how we all truly feel. I am, like the other members, here for you wether you need company or assistance with anything. I hope for a fast and 100% recovery.
    Casey D