Quote Originally Posted by R1100S";p="158850
there's only one truely good looking bmw, and that one aint it
it does look better than the multistrada though
I feel like stepping in to defend BMW in general. Not everyone can look good on an R1 or a GSXR. Big, ugly guys with German genetics do not blend well with the most recent design and fashion schemes (I do speak personally on this). Imagine sgt. Schultz from Hogan's Heros on a ZX-10 and you get the picture. Besides, do you really want to be outshined by your bike?

On the other hand, Fugly is an excellent word to describe this bike. I wouldn't even ride this one... and I've ridden some ugly bikes! Forgive me for cross-quoting, but this scheit cracked me up today:

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Batman";p="163475
wasn't there a post here awhile ago about some girl that had plastic surgery, got married, they had kids and the guy want to divorce and and sue her ass because he didn't know???
This is my big problem with the current trend in bodywork. From the R1200GS to the newest incarnation of the Triumph Daytona we're seeing a Yamahification towards sharp angles and steep horizontal looking triangles. I only hate this Beemer because they dressed it up to be something that it's not. At least the Multistrada was more honest. It at least maintained its Ducatiness while getting beaten by the ugly stick.
:P