Thread: Horsetooth Res via Full Throttle

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Horsetooth Res via Full Throttle

So, I was liking the feel of the sunshine through the windows where I sit to tap away at my keyboard and was getting a lil antsy to ride. I decided to take a short jaunt up to Full Throttle, since I haven't been there since they opened. Nice place and Amy's really great to talk with.

Check out the yellow painted lines for motorcycles.

Amy and her husband Josh love to ride just as much as anyone else I know.

Just had to get a shot of that picture/clock...but the first dollar looks like it could use some framing, too.

For those of you who are new to the North area, if you're ever up at Full Throttle and are itching to take a short ride, then Horsetooth Reservoir is a pretty good destination. It's not up into the mountains, so no worries of gravel on the road during the winter (mostly). It's an easy ride west of FT...

You can either take the road going south and west around the lake, or go north. Although it's not very long, it is one way to take care of the withdrawals during winter. The scenery isn't too bad either...

Welp...looks like it's day by day now as far as riding on two wheels is concerned. I'll find myself riding around Horsetooth a bit during winter and if I get real adventurous, maybe hwy7, which is a south-facing road, so it will typically be more clear than most other roads from gravel.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Re: Horsetooth Res via Full Throttle

Yay Cath!

A friend and I did Big Thomson on Saturday then went thru Glen Haven to Estes. OMG OMG OMG.

It was my first time seeing those roads and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god for motorcyles and sanity. It was absolutely the most wonderful ride. I can't even tell you how much I needed it and loved it. Good Lawd!! Gorgeous!!!!!

I always love the pictures you post.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Thanks, Terri.

Yeah, some of those canyon roads can get a bit dicey in the winter, but I'm glad you were able to get up Devils Gulch to Glen Haven and Estes before the really bad weather hits. It's not a road to play on in the winter time.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

I'm new to the CSC. I was out enjoying the great job that Bart at Faster Motorsports did on my stage 2 jet kit on my blue Super Hawk Friday. My daughter was riding with me and my son was on his red XR650L. We past you there at the overlook. I've seen your posts, if I had known it was a club member, I'd have stopped and introduced myself. We had an awesome ride.

You should head up to Full Throttle when they do their bike nights. They're gonna try out both Wednesday and Thursday this week and will do that for a while to see which night is best.

Sorry I missed ya. Saw lots of cruisers and GW types...maybe only one sport bike. I may get out again next weekend depending on the weather of course.

I really wish I could have gone, but Cat was out all day and I was stuck with the kiddos. After that I could have used a ride
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Me and Psychomike went by there on Saturday and the owner seemed really nice. I hope they survive there.

help help help after sitting on my a** yesterday i need a ride and not the one you get from the playstation
    well thats a rap

hey the PS2 did it job. I was going nuts sitting around the house all day. by the way let me know when your ready for a rematch.

lol...you guys and your gaming...sheesh!

Hey, if the weather holds out next weekend, you guys wanna try and do a run in the hills on Sunday?

I'm not even a gamer, I just had to ride...even if it meant on a video game. lets see what the weather and roads look like after this week.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Little chilly both days, but I had a great ride Saturday into boulder, and then a quick rip to Estes-n-back sunday
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Little chilly both days, but I had a great ride Saturday into boulder, and then a quick rip to Estes-n-back sunday
    So who was the passenger in the red leathers?
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    lol...you guys and your gaming...sheesh!

Hey, if the weather holds out next weekend, you guys wanna try and do a run in the hills on Sunday?
    Hopefully it'll be my first weekend in a while that I'll be free. Forecast is looking iffy though, it'll be day by day. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-105.112&e=0
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    So who was the passenger in the red leathers?
    ......some little cutie I just happened to pick up along the way....

Did I pass you and miss seeing ya?
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonnieLass View Post
    ....Thank god for motorcyles and sanity....
    .....only one of which Terri is actually in possesion of.

But I can't believe you've never riden those canyons.
    Those bastard Northies are bogarting all the best runs.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    Darn skippy sunshine! But it aids me in continuing to think you are just the greatest.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    ......some little cutie I just happened to pick up along the way....

Did I pass you and miss seeing ya?
    I was coming back into Boulder and turned left in front of you as you were waiting to turn left from eastbound Baseline to northbound 28th Street. You were the first in the left turn lane. I was busy working that day.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonnieLass View Post
    ....it aids me in continuing to think you are just the greatest.
    LOL,
    Proof positive you're not in your right mind.
    (And right back at ya Sunshine.)
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post

But I can't believe you've never riden those canyons.
    Those bastard Northies are bogarting all the best runs.
    .....not to mention 125 between Granby and Rand......

But I gotta say, the roads Steve and i did on our last ride were the best sweepers ever.....well, till we finde something even better next summer! hopefully, your headlights will be working then!

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    I was coming back into Boulder and turned left in front of you as you were waiting to turn left from eastbound Baseline to northbound 28th Street. You were the first in the left turn lane. I was busy working that day.
    Ahhhhh yes, I didn't recognize the truck that almost made a hood ornament out of us..... J/K!

We were coming down from Flagstaff. Thought I'd take her on a nice little ride up there to show her the view. She's new to this area up North (Eh?) so I thought I'd show her the sights.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I stopped by Full Throttle last night for some coffee and cake, not to vote for Wednesdays for Bike Night but more because the temps are going to be colder today. There were around 10 customers including myself and a friend.

Afterwards I took a moonlight spin up around Horsetooth, to Rotary Park to view the city lights and then down to the south boat ramp area. The moon was bright and a headlight was almost unnecessary. On the way back I passed by a deer strolling along in the bike lane. It didn't jump or alter its line at all as I went by, just kept ambling obliviously. Something to keep an eye out for...

With warm enough clothes I'm kinda liking these late night/late season rides.
    03 SV1000S
    97 DR650