Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday 11/21 Bike Night with the CSP

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Friday 11/21 Bike Night with the CSP

I'd duct tape my tag (car or bike) if I were you. Just so you don't make it onto 'the list'.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I only have one question for the people of the law:

Does this thong make my ass look fat?

J/K, I will have on the chaps too, it is supposed to be cold.

There's no place like home............

This is how Da South Side does Tounge Piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post
    I only have one question for the people of the law:

Does this thong make my ass look fat?

J/K, I will have on the chaps too, it is supposed to be cold.
    Should we be contacting your wife for the bail money????????????? Cause I am sure they have a charge for visual assault
    One time I got stopped for speeding on the Colordo Utah boarder
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

You know you are going to call me before you head out the door so we can coordinate outfits. You always do.......

There's no place like home............

Thanks for setting up the info and meeting night. I'll be there.

Notes

Our guests gave a good presentation and were very professional. Most of the tips were about how the Troopers are trained. It is, unfortunately, State policy that they zoom up quick behind a bike to get a picture of the plate. They suggest slowing or putting on signals if it seems intimidating. Our speakers also covered behaviors to put the Trooper at ease once pulled over. They were very clear when they spoke of either policy or personal preference. Not all Troopers will react the same way to the same situation, so when in doubt, ask before doing anything. They also confirmed the myth that Troopers are trained to have made a decision to cite before exiting their vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Now what?

Whatever you damn well feel like.
    Proud pilot of the one and only 1994 Kaw EX500 "Failstrom" adventure-mo-dealie!

IBA# 20672

Very enjoyable, they even brought a Trooper who rides.

One of the things they mentioned is the trend of how a lot of us mount our plates. Green on a white background actually doesn't stand out (hence the need to get a picture of the plate), combine that with a small motorcycle plate and they are already at a disadvantage, then a lot of us get rid of the ugly original fender and mount it higher and at an angle, exaggerating the problem.

Of course there are those out there who flip up the plate and run. One of the things he mentioned was, if they see a crease in your plate (and they look) you are already setting yourself up for a bad day.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    One of the things he mentioned was, if they see a crease in your plate (and they look) you are already setting yourself up for a bad day.
    lol... a crease huh..? i wonder if thats a state patrol thing. ima ask a ftn cop if he does the same thing. profile bc of a crease in the plate....

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

My take on the meet:

Not all officers are going to say and do the same thing,
    they are as individual as the people they pull over.

The faster you pull over and non threating you are when
    you do get yanked will help, but is no gaurentee.

The State Patrol do profile sportbikers, expecially in
    the Springs ,due to the large # of riders that flee in
    this town as opposed to other cities.

A part of his speal was on sportbikers fleeing in town
    when caught doing illeagal actions, and not being able
    to read thier plates and or creased.

All the sportbikers in this town are lumped in together
    due to the actions of primarally one group, the shell boys.

Thanks asshats.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Yeah, it was fun and I personally was impressed that they sent the top dog District Commander and a District Seargant to meet with us. I guess my email really accomplished something as the trooper that pulled me over was repremanded for some of the things he said to me.

The discussion was very open and honest. I don't think anybody held back and there was no unexpected complications. (Tipsy was smart not to ride and Dallas failed to show.) Surely they ran all the license plates in the parking lot before they left...

Of all the discussions, I still lost on my major gripe. I understand the reason why the troopers will rush up behind you to get the license plate but I strongly disagree with the tactic and think there are better ways to do that. You don't have to close at a high rate of speed and then break just feet from a bike so you can get the plate. I argued my point and lost so now I will just bitch.

I did send them a thank you note for following up with me and for taking the initiative to accept my invitation to our bike night. I think it might be fun to invite them to one of the track days as well next summer...

Later... OKD

Quote Originally Posted by OldKneeDragger View Post
    ...I did send them a thank you note for following up with me and for taking the initiative to accept my invitation to our bike night...
    Classy. Good form

...I think it might be fun to invite them to one of the track days as well next summer...

Later... OKD
    Definetly, I talked with the Sgt and he seemed interested in a dual sport ride and a track day. We migt get in trouble with his missus, but I bet he'd like it.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Yeah, it was fun and I personally was impressed that they sent the top dog District Commander and a District Seargant to meet with us. I guess my email really accomplished something as the trooper that pulled me over was repremanded for some of the things he said to me.

The discussion was very open and honest. I don't think anybody held back and there was no unexpected complications. (Tipsy was smart not to ride and Dallas failed to show.) Surely they ran all the license plates in the parking lot before they left...

Of all the discussions, I still lost on my major gripe. I understand the reason why the troopers will rush up behind you to get the license plate but I strongly disagree with the tactic and think there are better ways to do that. You don't have to close at a high rate of speed and then break just feet from a bike so you can get the plate. I argued my point and lost so now I will just bitch.

I did send them a thank you note for following up with me and for taking the initiative to accept my invitation to our bike night. I think it might be fun to invite them to one of the track days as well next summer...

Later... OKD
    OKD -- I applaud you for your initiative to develop a positive communication link between the CSP and the sportbike community as I would fail miserably at this endeavor. My past relationships with the authorities prevents me from keeping an open mind in discussions of this nature. You are a dedicated ambassador to the sportbike community.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    OKD -- I applaud you for your initiative to develop a positive communication link between the CSP and the sportbike community as I would fail miserably at this endeavor. My past relationships with the authorities prevents me from keeping an open mind in discussions of this nature. You are a dedicated ambassador to the sportbike community.
    My past "Relationships" with ole Johnny leaves me just as uneasy as you, when it comes to looking forward to the next discussion i have with whoever the Saint is that pulls me over .. But hey, Thats them out there doing their job, and thats me out there trying not to get caught! LOL!
    Every man dies..
    Not every man really Lives...

www.myspace.com/5thdynasty