Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
In these difficult times, and with the upcoming holiday season that is upon us, I encourage all of you to seek out the charity of your choice and give them something. Time, money, monetary items. It might make you feel better and will most definitely make them feel better that you did. My $0.02.
Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
This morning my 11-year-old told me about the canned food drive at her school, so I opened up the cupboard and put a few cans in a bag for her. It's the feeling you get knowing that you are still capable of doing something to make a difference even if your world seems like shit at the moment...cuz, ultimately it still doesn't compare to what others may be going through.
Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
And, before I ever helped anyone overseas, I think we ought to turn our attention to those fellow Americans who need our help:

(Salvation Army article was here)

So, if you have the means, and you're feeling generous and/or can put off that $7 Starbucks, why not help someone over here (possibly right in Denver)first?
Alright, so I've been having this thought for a while now... Racing 2 Save Lives has a 43-foot cargo trailer that sits relatively unused this time of year. What if the CSC as a whole filled the thing up with food and delivered it somewhere like Salvation Army as a little "giving back to the community" present this holiday season? It would be a hell of a way to give back to thousands of people who really need it.

I guess my only questions are "why not?" and "how do we make it work"? How do we collect that much food in the next two weeks? I've helped run a charity for years that has given close to a quarter million dollars to kids in need, and I can tell you people will give when they're encouraged to properly.

Anyone else think this would be a good idea and are willing to commit to making it happen?