Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windy!

Windy!

And I'm riding Rita's Ninja this week (winter rotation). Should be an interesting ride in this morning. If you're riding, be careful.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

AKA "Devaclis"

Re: Windy!

When I left at about 6:15 the wind in HR had died out completely. The ride in was a nice, warm 44!!! Woohoo!!! It is supposed to get cold around 11 this morning tho.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

I've seen numerous bikes get blown over in the parking lot where I work... no wind protection.

After being woken up at 4 this morning because of the wind, I opted to leave the bike at home... sux cause I really wanted to ride today.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Unfortunately Rita vetoed the ride. "If you drop my bike, I won't be able to get full value when I sell it."

I'd have gone in on the 'busa but I haven't gotten around to replacing the headlight and Rita's bike has all the power cords for the heated gear right now.

Ah well. Sure were a bunch of idiots out this morning though. Wind's blowing from the left and they're on the right side of the lane being blown into the right lane.

Carl

Wanted to ride pretty badly, especially after I got outside & felt how warm it was. But after seeing the traffic girl on 9news almost get blown into the road on numerous occasions and considering that the ride home would probably be below freezing, I opted for the cage today. And of course the right rear tire had 6 psi in it too, so it's gonna be a good day.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

The 60 foot blue spruce in my back yard is now 20 feet and the road into the cul-de-sac is completely blocked. City crews have been called and they are bringing their chain saws and a front-end loader. Watch out for flying debris.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

I saw half a sheet of sheet rock sailing 4' in the air down the road in front of my house this morning as I was repairing a fence. That changed my mind about riding. Then I get to work and discover that one of our AC condenser units on the roof had blown over.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Really wanted to ride today, but seeing the garbage cans blown over, the cover of the BBQ blown off (weighted down with a brick), and trees down in the subdivision... decided to nix that idea.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

The wind here blew a pickett out of the fence, and blew some tree branches down in the back yard. Guess I'll be using my time off for yard work again today.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsTonic View Post
    The wind here blew a pickett out of the fence, and blew some tree branches down in the back yard. Guess I'll be using my time off for yard work again today.
    I'd wait if I were you. My yard will end up in your yard anyway --- and I live 30 miles away.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

Well I'll at least pop into the neighbors yard and screw the fence back together. .

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

Ha...
    It's absolutely beautiful in Centennial.
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    Ha...
    It's absolutely beautiful in Centennial.
    You lie. We all know that Centennial is the armpit of Highlands Ranch

AKA "Devaclis"

There is really no wind here in the DTC. I felt a small breeze when I went out to check on the bike.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

It was dead calm at my house at 6:30 (in western Kansass), so I contemplated riding. Right up to the point I checked the weather for the shop, and discovered the wind was blowing 34 mph, with gusts up to 64 mph. Knowing that the parking lot here is a wind tunnel that will accelerate the gusts by about 50%, I chose to drive the cage. Turns out, it was a good choice. As I was coming in the door, a gust caught it and slammed me into the wall (maybe 80 mph?). We've had tires blown out of the back of the pickup over night. Darn breezy!
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

The advantages of living in the plains and working in Greenwood Village - a little breezy as I left the house but it calmed down as I hit Parker so all in all a good ride. Probably a little cool tonight but that is what gear is for

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Windy in denver but nothing damaged; a coworker in Boulder lost his fence. All in all not too crazy here though.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

It's absolutely beautiful here in DT Littleton.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

AKA "Devaclis"

I am off to take a ride for lunch. Woohoooooo!

I heard it was at one point either last night or today 80mph
    TintTechonline.com or PM me- Tint for your car!!!

My scarf was blowing sideways while I was heading up 287 and all my chicken strips are gone from the left side of the bike

Carl

AKA "Devaclis"

When I left at about 6:15 the air was so still it was creepy. By the time I got to University and A-pahoe it was blowing like an out of work lawyer.

Rode into work today too! Joined the SuMo family and picked up the DR-Z 400 SM
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6