Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Rides in the State: A google maps database

Re: Best Rides in the State: A google maps database

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    This is the best CSC thread ever!!

After all of my Friday Kittah threads of course.

Keep it up guys, this is awesome info

WARNING... only for the hard core
    Last edited by salsashark; Mon Jan 5th, 2009 at 09:34 PM.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

AKA "Devaclis"

Shell FTW!!!!
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Western slope tour: Grand Junction / Moab / Grand Mesa

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...05&ie=UTF8&z=9

Here's a 400 mile (two day?) loop through the redrock canyons of western CO / eastern UT. From Grand Junction, head east on Rimrock Drive in the Colorado National Monument, and then through Fruita to Utah. At Cisco, get off the slab and follow the waters of the Colorado towards Moab; passing sights such as Castle Valley along UT 128.
    From Moab, head south on UT191. Turn east at UT 46. Leave the desert behind as you climb the LaSal Mtns. Re-enter Colorado on US90. Turn north at Naturita, taking 141 through Gateway.

Return to Grand Junction at Whitewater (US50), or extend the ride with a loop over the Grand Mesa. Turn south to Delta, then north on 65 over the mesa. Rejoin I-70 near Palisade then back to Grand Junction.
    I'd been wanting to tackle that road south of Grand Junction but wasn't sure about road conditions as everything I ever found online said they were re-paving, or widening or something. Is that road in good repair?
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason ON View Post
    I'd been wanting to tackle that road south of Grand Junction but wasn't sure about road conditions as everything I ever found online said they were re-paving, or widening or something. Is that road in good repair?
    No idea but I know somebody at CDOT, I'll see what she's got on that region.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

If you want a really good path you can take 67 south (From Florence) south to Wetmore and take 96 to Westcliffe (as previously discussed) if you stay on 69 north it eventually turns into Hwy 50 (which takes you to Canon City)...it's a really great ride...kind of out of the way, I know, but it's a giant loop around Royal gorge territory. the best search for it is Texas Creek, I belive...

There is a fund raiser ride every year for children's Cancer I believe and thats the run they do. Some of the most beautiful, undisturbed country you can find in Colorado...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason ON View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing this as well. I could ride the bike up to work one hitch and do this ride instead of coming back home. =)
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?