Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: steele????

steele????

thoughts,experiences?? steeles cycle used to be downtown by coors however they have a new showroom and moved has anyone here done any business with them?
    due to lack of interest tomorrow has been cancelled

Re: steele????

That's where I bought my bike from.I thought they were very nice.I talked to Sean Steele.Like I said y experience with them was pleasant.I did pay for the bike in full,so it was a matter of counting the cash,signing the papers and that's about it but I would definately go back there.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

I've bought 3 bikes from Brandon in the past year and have been happy. Used parts are a little pricey but they need to make $$$ just like all of us
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

k thank u! i went there back when it was by coors but never bought anything. they have a bike im interested in and i figured someone on here would have some insight.

k ...who?

lol um...u?? thats a lie it was k for ok.... but..thank YOU

FYI, I think you are confusing 2 shops. Steele's has been on Union for longer than I can remember. The only shop I can think of near Coors Field is Erico, and while he started his business as a salvage operation that was shut down years ago and he is a regular new dealer now.

I had a bad experience with steele's this last summer... I would not trust them to work on anything!!
    In the summer I'm crazy busy at work so I figured since I work just up the street on union I could drop my bike by for a simple oil-filter change, I even brought my own oil because they don't carry silkolene synthetic.. So I dropped off the bike in the morning an was told that I could pick it up in the afternoon.. When I returned latter that day I found my bike sitting out in the sun in front of there shop, and at the time I pulled up there was a customer of there's sitting on my bike thinking that it was one of there bike's for sale.. So I walk in to speak with the boy that claimed to be the service manager (Brandon Steel), So I could pay an leave, he couldn't find the key or the service order... after looking for 20 min he finally finds the key but no work order, so he in puts the info an rings up a new work order charging me for oil I didn't use because I had brought my own, so i inform him of the problem,an wile it takes the next 20min to fix the paper work I walk out side to take a look at the bike an notice right off the bat that they did not replace the oil with the red silkolene synthetic I had brought in with the bike.. the oil was light brown an milkie definitely not silkolene an to boot the entire sight glass was flooded, they over filled the oil.. So I go back in to speak about the problem, An they argue up an down that the oil that's in the bike is the oil I left with them an the reason the sight glass looks over filled is because oil is still draining to the bottom an it is making the oil level look over filled... Knowing he is wrong an the fact that I'm not getting anywhere arguing with him I just pay an leave with the intention of heading back to Aurora to put the bike up on a friends bike table to redo the oil change I just payed for..
    Almost back to aurora when the bike starts to lose power I look down an I'm losing oil from the top end of the moter looked as if it was coming from the intake, It was.. well to make a really long story short I trailer the bike back pull the plug an find 3 quarts over of the nasty oil they had put in.. Next day I figure I would inform steele's of the problem to see if a refund of the money payed would be a possibility for all the troubles in encountered... nope all I got was a argument put up by Brandon and his father the man claiming to own the shop, I made a few comments in front of other customers about the experience I was having with there workmanship so they called the Englewood police.. the police told me that my only option was to pursue them in small claims Cort.. SO I let it go and have never done business with them since an would not recommend them to any one..
    When in doubt...Pull it out.

longrider-their old location was north of coors off 32nd maybe? im 100% it was them.
    -where do they get there bikes from? i noticed many had salvaged titles.I have never had anything with a S title would that make it not streetable?
    - im starting to become nervous im gunna play it safe and look at someother dealers

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

They get a lot of thier bikes from Klodes. I've never had a problem buying a slavage bike from them.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

how does the S title effect me when purchasing a bike?

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    FYI, I think you are confusing 2 shops. Steele's has been on Union for longer than I can remember..
    True. Steele's has been on Union since at least the late 80's.
    I beleive the one he's thinking of was the D.U.M.P. (Denver Used Motorcycle Parts).
    Which was a great place.

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    They get a lot of thier bikes from Klodes. I've never had a problem buying a slavage bike from them.
    Seems like most of their stuff is refurbished salvage and I've heard good things about their rebuild work.
    But have also hear of them underplaying or outright attempting to hide the fact that they're salvage rebuilds.

As for used parts, Rick (and son) seem to think that 60% of new price on something you pull yourself off a bike that's been sitting in the yard for 10 years is fair.
    Bottom line though, if you don't want to pay that you can go somewhere else.
    (Which I've had Steele's people say in no uncertain terms.)
    Knowing they paid $25 for the bike and are now trying to charge $100 for a part with no return or warranty policy doesn't make me want to do business with them.
    There's a heavy set dark haired guy that works there who is much more reasonable (and civil) about prices than most of the rest.

Personally, I wouldn't go to them for anything I could find elsewhere.
    (And I live about a mile and a half away and own 6 used bikes I work on myself so their loss.)
    They're rude, unhelpful, overpriced, and did I mention rude?
    I honestly don't know how they've stayed in business.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goshow View Post
    how does the S title effect me when purchasing a bike?
    Mainly just the insurance payoff if you total it and resale value.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

I have bought a few parts from them in the past, only because I needed the part right away and they had it. Normally I won't go there because
    Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    They're rude, unhelpful, overpriced, and did I mention rude?
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

Dissconected from this world

I agree with Sortarican, They are way over priced and dont have the sense to keep there customers happy enough for the return visit. All about the sale and getting you out as fast and as broke as possable.

I agree with Sortarican and Mazin on the fact that there way over priced and there customer service is the worse in town..
    When in doubt...Pull it out.

Went to Steels for parts, front desk guy say go in back and look for yourself, 10 min later another guy tells me to get out , told him about desk guy giving me permission................. guy walks off Pissed. Totally Lame place , Expect BAD customer service EVERY time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    95 ZX9, 02 GSXR1000

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by MUSHMEAT View Post
    Went to Steels for parts, front desk guy say go in back and look for yourself, 10 min later another guy tells me to get out , told him about desk guy giving me permission................. guy walks off Pissed. Totally Lame place , Expect BAD customer service EVERY time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There has not been a time I have walked in there and didn't feel like I was in the way and bothering them, you go out to the yard look for the part come back in and tell them what you found they walk back out and give a stupid price for it and you got to take it off still. What a lot of trouble when they don't have hardly anything to start with.
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Steeles has somehow become the U.S. distributor for Delkevic products. They are doing a pretty good business on eBay with Delkevic parts. Used bikes/parts may become a side business in the future.

Board Newbie

went in looking for parts the guy at the counter acted like i was bothering him and told me to go look in the yard. Couldnt find the parts he said they had some on the shelf (why i still had to look in the yard I dont know) that they would sell to me for an astronomicly high price so i politely excused myself never to return. My apologies for bothering the staff durring normal operating hours.

So where is the alternative?

My wife went in to pickup a part I needed. Spoke on the phone with Randy and got a price on the part he said it was in stock. She walked out paying more then I was quoted on the phone.

Had another issue where I ended up with 2 of the same part. Spoke to a guy there he said we could return it for store credit. My wife drove completely across town and upon arriving there was told they wouldn't exchange the part. I believe she was dealing with Randy at the counter and he was so rude to her she left in tears.

I wont give them another dollar as they do not make good on their promises and treat peoiple like sh*t.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Unfortunately there is not much competition for Steeles. Probably why they can get away with being dicks to their customers.

I've been there a number of times. Sometimes found what I want, other times not so much. Always a bad customer service experience though.

Stick with ebay, brand-specific forums or craigslist for the parts you need.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

The couple of times I went there to look for used vintage parts they said they had it in stock. Turns out I had to pick through the junkers in back and most of the useable parts have long since disappeared or wasn't worth fixing. I have better luck on CL and swap meets.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Is it just me or does walking into Steele's feel like you just walked into somebody's over priced garage sale? Ignorant people, no service, and expensive used shit.

I think that pretty much sums it up.
    Dynasty Motorcycle Club President

GSXR 1000
    141rwhp @ 80º & 10% humidity - scorpion carbon fiber pipe - k&n filter - SET removed
    dark puig double bubble screen - flush mount led's - custom undertail & fender eliminator
    ride eng. carbon fiber tank protector - frame sliders - rear wheel hugger