Thread: T's Noob Question of the week - Riding the Turns!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

T's Noob Question of the week - Riding the Turns!

I have a question regarding faith in the turns in the canyons.

How do you guys do spirited runs, and take those turns so fast not knowing what is on the other side?

I can hold a line (ish - not so much on a good ADHD day), and I work on it every time I'm out. But when I am in a blind turn in the canyons, I just can't help but wonder if there is a deer, a car stalled, an accident causing the oh shit factor as I see myself going over the rear of the car. My mind goes there every single time. Which distracts me from my riding and focusing on skill.

Even at a slow pace I'm usually still around 20MPH over the speed limit in those turns. And most of you guys are WAY ahead of me.

I find myself being more comfortable in my abilities on the sweepers because I don't have to worry my lil head about what if's. Therefore I'm more confident in those turns and ride a wee bit better and stonger and faster then on the blind turns.

How do I get over it? Or should I? How do you guys do it? What is the faith in those blind turns at speed?
    Last edited by 64BonnieLass; Tue Feb 3rd, 2009 at 07:34 PM.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street